Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brightest Day

+42
TheBrownLantern
DickGrayson007
dmahoney
WonderWoman2.0
elijahdprophet
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zeroskull21
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
G_Zatara
JonSpangler
shark6495
superdoug
LOOSECANNON
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
blue halo
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Demonweasel
jaydee74
Mnemosis
Jherek
Esbat
alucardbarnivous
Rath99
Aussiemandias
shiky800
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Joshua
Sandman
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Fresh03
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
shining knight
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 22]

251Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat May 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote:It's kind of boring me.

I only feel like that about the Firestorm stuff, just not feeling it yet. Was kinda weird that Aquaman was on the cover of #2 but wasn't featured in the book, but I guess we'll have to get used to that for an anthology like this. The other stuff was really good though, particularly Martian Manhunter. That scene with the murdered family was nuts! Very intrigued to see what that's all about. And of course the final page should be very interesting...don't forget that the White Light resurrected him as well huh

252Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat May 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thyis ish just felt kinda "Meh" to me imo. I dunno it just feels like filler or something.

253Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun May 23, 2010 1:43 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I only feel like that about the Firestorm stuff, just not feeling it yet. Was kinda weird that Aquaman was on the cover of #2 but wasn't featured in the book, but I guess we'll have to get used to that for an anthology like this. The other stuff was really good though, particularly Martian Manhunter. That scene with the murdered family was nuts! Very intrigued to see what that's all about. And of course the final page should be very interesting...don't forget that the White Light resurrected him as well huh

I've never been a big fan of Firestorm previously (Ronnie or Jason for all the Sims conspiracy nuts tongue ), but this series has got me interested. I'm sure this development is coming from the Black Lantern influence, so I'm really curious as to where this is going.

Manhunter's stuff was definitely eyebrow raising. Are we assuming there's a rogue White Martian on the loose? Or maybe an ill-tempered green one?

I'm not too bothered by the Aquaman cover despite the lack of face time. It surprised me, but it's not like his story won't be told. And we did see his foot Laughing

254Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun May 23, 2010 1:47 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day #2

I enjoyed this, maybe not as much as issue #1, but I still thought it was good.

I'm super interested in all the stories, but after this issue I'm 10x more interested in MM's story.

255Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon May 24, 2010 6:13 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day #2 - well I'm completely enjoying this. I'm probably least interested in the Hawks but everything else has definitely got me in. With JL Generation Lost and this it's like all the stuff I enjoyed about 52 back again. I'm finding myself surprisingly interested in the Firestorm situation.

LordD3r3k wrote:So what do we think Deadman's role is supposed to be? Obviously he's in the story to bear witness to something. Maybe he's the key to stopping Max Lord, since no one remembers him anymore? Any ideas?
He's really reminding me of Pariah so far. I don't think that kind of thing will be his ongoing role but to start with it's been kind of similar.

"Help them live" was an interesting comment from the ring. Maybe there's still something he needs to do to help those who have come back. Perhaps none of them are quite whole and something is missing - certainly Aquaman doesn't seem quite right. Would be really intriguing if "Deadman" becomes some sort of Guardian of life.

Bigtymin504 wrote:Very astute analysis all around, Wade.

LordD3r3k wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I'm curious about what will go down Martian Manhunter.

Me too. I hope they do something crazy with Mars. I really like the idea of taking our real world things and toying with them.

Ditto. I love the idea of J'onn trying to tereform Mars. It's an idea that scientists have theorized about for years and something that always fascinated me. It'll be really interesting if he succeeds and Mars is flourishing with life again like Earth by the time this series ends.
If you're interested in that stuff check out the Mars books by Kim Stanley Robinson if you haven't done so before. Probably the greatest series about the terraforming of Mars that has ever been done although kind of a dry read at times.

elijahdprophet wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:So what do we think Deadman's role is supposed to be? Obviously he's in the story to bear witness to something. Maybe he's the key to stopping Max Lord, since no one remembers him anymore? Any ideas?
Guy Gardner remembered him in BN#8.

That was before Max used his powers (after augmenting them) to make everyone forget who his was. Now the only people who remember him are Booster Gold, Captain Atom, Fir, and Ice.
When'd he do that? Was that in JL Generation Lost?

Yeah, it was in the first issue of Generation Lost.

superdoug wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Guy Gardner remembered him in BN#8.

That was before Max used his powers (after augmenting them) to make everyone forget who his was. Now the only people who remember him are Booster Gold, Captain Atom, Fir, and Ice.

Actually, to be fair, Max only made everyone on Earth forget who he was. All he did to Guy was to make him let him go after Blackest Night. Since Guy isn't on Earth, I think it would be fair to say that he probably remembers Max, and we'll see some fall out from that in Generation Lost.

Was it ever said that he only made the people on Earth forget? I mean, I know it's a major stretch to think his powers could reach all over the galaxy, but it seems worthless to make just the people on Earth forget when there are people off world that would remember him.

I also wonder about the information about him. There had to be extensive files on him, especially in the Bat computer. What happened to them?

It seems like he knocked out the world for a couple of hours, I wonder how many planes crashed and whatnot, it was cool when I read it but it seems like more of a stretch when you think about it. Ignoring the disasters that this would cause, I imagine a guy like Max could do a lot of damage to digital records with a couple of free hours.
The only people it showed knocked out were Fire, Ice and Captain Atom (Booster was already out). That's an assumption that everyone was out. Also I don't believe those characters were out for a couple of hours.

I'm really intersted to see how they deal with the stuff he couldn't affect like technology and people offworld. Actually wouldn't it be an obvious next step for Max to be doing something about the technology side of things. Should be interesting to see where it goes.

256Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#3 was rather dull, IMO. The storylines are all inching along.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

257Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:44 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#3 was rather dull, IMO. The storylines are all inching along.

Yeah, this was the first one I didn't love, but the white lantern and the Hawks took an interesting turn

258Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:36 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue three was good, but it feels like they may have too many issues in this book and they're trying to stretch out the stories as much as they can.

259Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:30 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of #3 is up on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=24180

Still not completely loving it, but I'm willing to stick with it.

260Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:47 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm most intrigued with Firestorm right now.

261Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:31 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #3

comicgeekelly wrote:Issue three was good, but it feels like they may have too many issues in this book and they're trying to stretch out the stories as much as they can.
I don't really agree with this. Each set of characters are only featured a few pages each so I wouldn't say it's a deliberate "trying to stretch out the stories", it's more just the nature of the format they've chosen. Possibly they could have gone another way with a character being featured each issue but overall the story probably would have travelled with the same sort of pace with that character's story only featured every couple of months or so. To me, it's a similar sort of pace to 52 and because it's twice a month I think it's moving along okay.

Now with all that being said I'm going to completely contradict myself and say that the pace of the Aquaman storyline is terrible. It's just barely moving.

I think the Hawks' story really picked up with this issue and Deadman's is obviously intriguing. Most of all I'm getting more and more interested in what's going on with Firestorm.

Just wondering what artists are working on what in this series so far? Does it look like the same guy is taking care of a particular character? I'm thinking the following:

Martian Manhunter - Pat Gleason (his stuff this issue looked really great)
Firestorm - Scott Clark
Deadman - Ivan Reis
Aquaman - Ivan Reis
Hawks - Ardian Syaf
I don't know what Joe Prado did? The Bermuda Triangle bit?

262Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:34 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm loving Martian Manhunter's story so far. At first I was annoyed they sort of went away from the terraforming Mars angle, but this stuff is very intriguing too. Plus it's good to see J'onn doing some detective work again.

The Hawks' story took an interesting turn this week too. Aquaman's on the other hand has been way too stagnant, things better pick up soon. Surprisingly, the Deadman/Anti-Monitor confrontation was somewhat of a letdown but I think it will be dealt with more in the coming issues. And the Firestorm stuff I'm still not crazy about...

263Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked issue #3 a lot. I'm interested in all of the stories. Sure, some are moving faster than others, but I'm enjoying them all.

264Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:52 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

B-Day #3

Another exclusive review for y'all... lmao

The best thing I can say about this particular issue is that the writers have completely turned around the Firestorm series for me. It went from "least likely cared about" on my radar to most intriguing. Like many of you, I could've swore that Aquaman was going to take over--yet while many of his scenes have been cool--not a whole lot is going on; unless, of course, you count the ever-moving-er-fluttering emotions between Mera and Aquaman.

The art has been a triumph. Even when not all the vignettes are as highly detailed as the next, I can't say they don't match up with the storylines they convey. Bravo.

Although I know many of the other survivors of Blackest Night have their own roles in other series, it'd still be nice to see Jade or Captain Boomerang or whomever have some sorta impact in these books.

Then again, Brightest Day could be renamed Slowest Day if that was to occur.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Solid despite the speed and oft vagueness

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

265Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For those complaining about speed, keep in mind they're telling 4 years worth of story within a year of distribution. Most of you have actually waited out 5 years to see a payoff of a story if you've followed any main title from the Big 2, but all of a sudden now you're impatient?

Brightest Day - Page 11 Den_do19

Laughing

266Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:53 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i'm not complaining...it's been highly enjoyable...it's just not as awesome as the #0 issue...and only Aquaman's vignettes have been snail-slow...

267Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:i'm not complaining...it's been highly enjoyable...it's just not as awesome as the #0 issue...and only Aquaman's vignettes have been snail-slow...

I hear ya, but I remember similar complaints during the beginning of 52, which is now regarded as a great story by most.

268Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:13 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

yizzer!

269Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:27 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like that with issue 4 they put more focus on certain stories and didn't bring up others at all. The pacing of the book felt slower to me, which I mean as a compliment. I think that this has been the best issue since issue 0.

270Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:38 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Yeah, this one was a bit better. Plus, pre-aqua Aqualad.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

271Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:52 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day #4

This was pretty weaksauce I thought. In large part because no Martian Manhunter this week...his story has easily been the most compelling for me. The Deadman stuff was pretty interesting though. The problem is the stories are just moving at a snail's pace, but I guess it's to be expected in a series like this. I think once the ball really gets rolling in all these stories is when it will start to get really good.

Also, did the Hawks go through the portal and land on Pandora? huh

272Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:39 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought #3 was really good. The Firestorm story is really getting good for me. I feel really bad for Ronnie. The Hawkman/Hawkwoman story is intriguing and curious to see where it's going. Was that Atlanteans attacking the people on the boat? I really liked what Hawk wanted Boston Brand to do with his ring. As gruff as he is, there was a reason that he got to that place and it was the death of his brother. This was a great issue and I cannot wait for the next one.

273Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:21 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spoiler:

274Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:23 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Spoiler:

Interesting. I like that theory. I know so little about the character so that's a cool idea.

275Brightest Day - Page 11 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:45 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

loving Brightest Day. Jumping right off of Blackest Night, but its definitely a separate story...and using DC characters some from long ago that haven't gotten much attention. Its a great DC story without Superman, Wonder Woman, or Batman involved. Bravo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum