Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Instruments Do You Play?

+11
Silent K
Tripper McGee
Astro13Zombie
BlueMaxx
Tom
Joshua
Debaser77
MikeSabian
prescribeddrone
Metal Misfit
ChrisToPhenom
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What Instruments Do You Play? Empty What Instruments Do You Play? Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:43 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have both acoustic and electric guitars but I can play decent drums and piano but don't have a drumset and piano yet. I plan to take classes on piano at my college next semester and start building up my band by 2011. I'm currently taking guitar classes starting January 19th just to have fun...

So, what instruments do you have?

What Instruments Do You Play? 438393

What Instruments Do You Play? 632358

2What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:38 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

None, but I'm hoping to change that soon. I used to have an acoustic guitar, learned a few chords, met a girl, dropped guitar lessons. Most guys pick up guitars to get girls... I put mine down as soon as I met one!

I want an electric, but I'll start again with an acoustic.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

3What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:43 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nothing traditionally. I sometimes like to mess around and make weird loops using different sounds and making beats and play a few keys with a synth, I can't play specific notes on demand.

I haven't made anything in a while, but my sounds are located-

http://www.myspace.com/prescribeddronemusic

to get an idea. check out the soundclick player below, it has more older stuff.

4What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:53 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:None, but I'm hoping to change that soon. I used to have an acoustic guitar, learned a few chords, met a girl, dropped guitar lessons. Most guys pick up guitars to get girls... I put mine down as soon as I met one!

I want an electric, but I'll start again with an acoustic.
Hahaha! That's hilarious-I never heard that before.

prescribeddrone wrote:Nothing traditionally. I sometimes like to mess around and make weird loops using different sounds and making beats and play a few keys with a synth, I can't play specific notes on demand.

I haven't made anything in a while, but my sounds are located-

http://www.myspace.com/prescribeddronemusic

to get an idea. check out the soundclick player below, it has more older stuff.
Wow, I'll check out your music page-let me guess, you use FL Studio? Me too. I can make some awesome beats-I may send you link on zShare to listen to one.

5What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:26 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I did/use to but sadly they don't make it for Mac's (without having to run Windows on Mac using Parrels, I don't want to do that) now I use Logic Express and Reason, if I wanna make stuff. My PC needs to be fixed and I really don't care to spend money on it. I think the graphics card crashed and that was way back in July of 2009.

I really hope they make FL Studo for Mac, because I'm pretty decent with it because I been fucking around with it since 2002 and other programs just seem like a choir to learn, but yeah send me a link, I'll check out your beats Smile

What Instruments Do You Play? 2rw2onl

Basically my setup (picture from 2007)

drum machine
midi keyboard controller
external soundcard
laptop

Smile

6What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 am

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

I've played drums for 7 years now. Currently without any projects at the moment (which needs to change soon). Most of my live playing over the last 6 years has been with Jazz bands, including Alan Barnes, who won the BBC Jazz musician of the year a few years ago. I experimented a lot with projects, from playing with Jazz trio, African drum circles, percussion for a musical, heavy metal bands, and an Indonesian Gamelan ensemble.

I own a Pearl ELX Export in Black Burst finish, which is largely unchanged since the day I bought it. The cymbals are a mix of Sabian & Meinl, and I use a selection of LP and Meinl percussion, including shakers, jam blocks, cowbells & jingle rivets. A set of Remo Roto-Toms and a Spaun ventilated Snare drum are next on my to-buy list. I play Vic Firth, Pro-Mark or Vater sticks, depending on the gig I'm playing.

7What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:03 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I used to play bass in a band in college and loved it. The day I pawned it was a sad one. I now have a nice acoustic guitar and need to get busy learning how to play it. I also wouldn't mind getting another bass.

8What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:59 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have a flugel horn, a trumpet, and an electric guitar, though I don't play any of them anymore. I also played French horn in high school, but don't own one because they're pretty derned expensive.

9What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

I want to get one of those one man band getups like Dick Van d--e had in Mary Poppins.

10What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I want to get one of those one man band getups like Dick Van d--e had in Mary Poppins.
Laughing
That would be great!

11What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

^ I must add that I love that Forumotion censored his last name. Well done.

12What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

I used to play guitar and drums. Nothing now. Way too busy. Hopefully that will change in the next couple of years.

13What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:28 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What Instruments Do You Play? Kazoo
I've played for a couple of years but I'm still not very good at it.

14What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:

drum machine
midi keyboard controller
external soundcard
laptop

wub
Very nice

BlueMaxx wrote:What Instruments Do You Play? Kazoo
I've played for a couple of years but I'm still not very good at it.
Laughing

15What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:26 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Astro13Zombie wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:

drum machine
midi keyboard controller
external soundcard
laptop

wub
Very nice
Laughing
Agreed-it does look attractive.

16What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:08 am

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I sing. It's a convenient "instrument" to have since it's always with me. Wink I have an electric bass and took "lessons" for a while, but that was short-lived and basically a joke. When I eventually have disposable income, I plan to take lessons. I can mess around on guitar, but I'm not very good. Got rid of my acoustic years ago. My sister took the piano our grandpa bought us. She was always better at playing than I. But, I can read and write music, and I'm pretty sure she can't. Score one for me!

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

17What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:55 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I own two guitars, but I can't play either. I tried self-teaching...but failed. They're just decoration now.

So..instead of having musical talent, I point a video camera in the direction of those that do.

18What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:14 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

does the radio count?

19What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:59 am

wickidchyld

wickidchyld
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i play guitar, bass and program drums on teh computer Wink
i gots.... [in order of acquirement]
a classical acoustic
What Instruments Do You Play? Classicalguitar1
not this exact one but 95% look the same Wink

a behringer v-tone strat knockoff
What Instruments Do You Play? Strat_copy
[curently disassembled and sanded down, just waiting for me to get the ambition to paint and reassemble it ]

a squire '51
What Instruments Do You Play? D505fea363ae3436aa808b9180d880e2

a OLP MM2 bass
What Instruments Do You Play? 180
laced in spider-man stickers

epiphone dot studio
What Instruments Do You Play? 523999

dean Evo
What Instruments Do You Play? EVOXM

and a burswood esteban that i cant find a decent pic of online and don't feel like taking one

ROCK ON!!!!!
What Instruments Do You Play? Dot

http://twitter.com/wickidchyld

20What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:12 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Wow. Quite the collection. I'm surprised no one has said they play the guitar and have shown the Guitar Hero controller. tongue

What is it about string instruments that appeal to people moreso than other instruments?

21What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:23 pm

wickidchyld

wickidchyld
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

for me drums were always out of the question because
a. i have NOWHERE ta put the fuckers :P
b. it's hard to practice/record them quietly

i've never taken any kind of real interest in piano/keys [although i do kinda want an akai mpk 49 ]

part of me wants to learn a brass instrument but i have yet to make that leap

http://twitter.com/wickidchyld

22What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:09 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tripper McGee wrote:I sing. It's a convenient "instrument" to have since it's always with me. Wink I have an electric bass and took "lessons" for a while, but that was short-lived and basically a joke. When I eventually have disposable income, I plan to take lessons. I can mess around on guitar, but I'm not very good. Got rid of my acoustic years ago. My sister took the piano our grandpa bought us. She was always better at playing than I. But, I can read and write music, and I'm pretty sure she can't. Score one for me!
Ah, you sing? That's cool-me also.

23What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:45 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I like synths. I have an old 80's one, I'd love to get a new 1,000 dollar one, but I don't take music seriously enough to spend that type of money.

(2006 or so)
What Instruments Do You Play? 2nr0m4k

(not mine)
What Instruments Do You Play? Quadpic

imagine having this.

Shocked

24What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:58 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can play some guitar and keep a beat with a drum kit.Only played guitar for two years and the drums for one year. These were my babies until I sold them:

Ibanez Talman electric:

What Instruments Do You Play? New_axx

Pearl Export drum kit with roto toms (not pictured):

What Instruments Do You Play? P2138510

Once I stopped playing these and started singing my equipment changed to this:

What Instruments Do You Play? Untitl11

What Instruments Do You Play? Shure-10

25What Instruments Do You Play? Empty Re: What Instruments Do You Play? Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

wickidchyld wrote:for me drums were always out of the question because
a. i have NOWHERE ta put the fuckers :P
b. it's hard to practice/record them quietly

The only time I practiced drums was before 7pm, and never before noon on the weekends. I put those noise-dampening pads on them as well. My bedroom was the size a decent walk-in closet, so I had to assemble the whole set and disassemble them when I was done with them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum