Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marvel ending all current Avengers books!!

+15
Batman25JM
Joshua
Administrator
Chi-Town Spidey
Ben Akers
Metal Misfit
prescribeddrone
Rath99
rwe1138
LOOSECANNON
shark6495
comicgeekelly
BlueMaxx
Aussiemandias
Bigtymin504
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Look at it like this, this is sort of the equivalent to if DC were to end both Green Lantern books and relaunch and reshape the whole GL line post-Blackest Night.
That wouldn't shock me at all. You can only cancel and restart titles so many times before the impact is severely compromised. I reached my threshold for "Oh shit, look what's happening!" moments years ago.
Not saying its "shocking" but still a big deal if you're following the titles closely. But fair enough I guess.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not sure how I feel about this. New Avengers and Dark Avengers are two of my favorite books out there.

I'm really worried that they are just going to go back to the classic Avengers. I never cared much for them. I mean, I like a lot of the characters that were members of the classic Avengers teams (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Beast, etc) but it never seemed like the team had a bunch of characters I liked on it at one time. They'd always have one or two characters I loved and then 5 or so that I didn't give a shit about. I just really don't want them do go back to that. Also, as much as I love Thor, I just don't think he belongs on the Avengers.

I LOVE the New Avengers team. I literally love every single member of the team. I just hope that whatever the team is after Siege it has some New Avengers members on it. Also, I hope Bendis is writing it and Immonen is doing the art.

I'm actually surprised that DA is ending. I knew it wouldn't last forever, but I thought it would continue on for a while after Norman's fall.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Also, as much as I love Thor, I just don't think he belongs on the Avengers.
surprised BLASPHEMER!!!

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Next thing you'll say Martian Manhunter doesn't belong on the JLA...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ No, I think that the MM belongs on the JLA. I just never felt Thor should be slumming it with mortals like that. He always felt out of place to me. I mean, I think it's fine if he comes and helps with major threats, but I don't think he should be a regular on the team.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

That's the whole point: Superheros that don't necessarily belong together, teamed up to defend the world. If at all, Mark Millar's take on this line-up in U;timates was interesting: While most of the Ultimates were either scientists working for/with the government (Tony Stark, the Pyms) or skilled federal operatives (Black Widow, Hawkeye), few were there for different reasons. Wanda and Pietro were needed forces, former terrorists striking a deal to serve the US. Among all, Thor was European force - both physical and political - needed to be either taken down t some point or used. The Ultimates needed him, and Thor wanted to keep an eye on this capitalist project, so he had a deal with the US government to be an Ultimate, supposedly unofficial team member. When you think of it, it's not very different from the 616 Thor, minus the allegedly crazy angle and hippie crap.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I liked Thor being on the Ultimates. For some reason I thought it fit better. Maybe because he seemed more human. I just don't like 616 Thor being on the Avengers as a regular member. I'm fine with "people who don't necessarily belong together" forming a team, but I just don't think Thor should be a member.

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well i already knew that avengers initaitive was ending they said it is becoming avengers acadamy this year. as for new and mighty i think i will just be avengers: earth's mightest heroes again. and we all knew dark avengers wasn't going to around forever

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^ I liked Thor being on the Ultimates. For some reason I thought it fit better. Maybe because he seemed more human. I just don't like 616 Thor being on the Avengers as a regular member. I'm fine with "people who don't necessarily belong together" forming a team, but I just don't think Thor should be a member.
I think maybe you're just so used to the New Avengers and the type of tone the book has had since Disassembled, that Thor just seems so out of place to you. I think that's understandable. That's part of what I was getting at with Joshua, for so many regular followers of New Avengers, this is a really major shift. But Thor is the epitome of a classic Avenger, so saying he "doesn't belong" just threw me for a loop. Laughing

And I don't think you have to worry too much about the new team going back to a fully classic roster and abandoning everything Bendis built with New Avengers. I expect a lot of Bendis's non-classic Avenger favorites to stick around but just mixed with more classic members and classic feel. But who really knows right? That's why I'm excited to see what happens.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Makes sense to me. With The Siege and the end of all this "Dark" stuff and with the Heroic Age coming up soon or whatever Marvel is calling it, I can see them restarting the Avengers franchise. What I hope for is for maybe two titles. I would like to see one title focus on the Avengers. A classic heroic lineup that makes sense for the Avengers. My team would include

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Clint Barton (hopefully as Hawkeye)
Ms. Marvel
Mockingbird
Spider-Woman

That's who I would at least be on the team. As for the other book, I would like to see something like the "Initiative" continue. Maybe something like a Avengers Academy or something. Maybe you can have Hank Pym be a mentor in this series with a few other more veteran heroes with a link to the Avengers.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just really hope that Spider-Man sticks around on one of the reformed teams.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I just really hope that Spider-Man sticks around on one of the reformed teams.

Lord I hope not. It's not that I don't think as a character he's not Avenger material but I just like him better in solo adventures. To me, I just think that when you have a character whose book comes out 3-4 times a month, I want to see someone on a team book that you don't get a chance to see because they don't have their own book. I want to see Mockingbird on the team and Clint Barton (I want him as Hawkeye).

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder if there's a possibility of a bi-weekly Avengers book coming out? Don't know why but the thought crossed my mind.

Also, given it's success, I wouldn't be shocked if the characters in the Dark Avengers get some sort of book of their own however it would be hard to differentiate that kind of book from the Thunderbolts. And speaking of the Thunderbolts you'd expect that book is in for a pretty big status quo change itself.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:I wonder if there's a possibility of a bi-weekly Avengers book coming out? Don't know why but the thought crossed my mind.

Also, given it's success, I wouldn't be shocked if the characters in the Dark Avengers get some sort of book of their own however it would be hard to differentiate that kind of book from the Thunderbolts. And speaking of the Thunderbolts you'd expect that book is in for a pretty big status quo change itself.

Maybe the member of the Dark Avengers and the Thunderbolts will merge into one team or something to that extent?

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:^ I liked Thor being on the Ultimates. For some reason I thought it fit better. Maybe because he seemed more human. I just don't like 616 Thor being on the Avengers as a regular member. I'm fine with "people who don't necessarily belong together" forming a team, but I just don't think Thor should be a member.
I think maybe you're just so used to the New Avengers and the type of tone the book has had since Disassembled, that Thor just seems so out of place to you. I think that's understandable. That's part of what I was getting at with Joshua, for so many regular followers of New Avengers, this is a really major shift. But Thor is the epitome of a classic Avenger, so saying he "doesn't belong" just threw me for a loop. Laughing

And I don't think you have to worry too much about the new team going back to a fully classic roster and abandoning everything Bendis built with New Avengers. I expect a lot of Bendis's non-classic Avenger favorites to stick around but just mixed with more classic members and classic feel. But who really knows right? That's why I'm excited to see what happens.

I have always thought Thor was a little out of place. Having him hang around Avengers Mansion always seemed weird to me. But you are right, after reading New Avengers it made his presence feel more wrong to me. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Thor, but I just feel he should only team up with the Avengers for the huge stuff (like the Skrull invasion for example).

jaydee74 wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:I just really hope that Spider-Man sticks around on one of the reformed teams.

Lord I hope not. It's not that I don't think as a character he's not Avenger material but I just like him better in solo adventures. To me, I just think that when you have a character whose book comes out 3-4 times a month, I want to see someone on a team book that you don't get a chance to see because they don't have their own book. I want to see Mockingbird on the team and Clint Barton (I want him as Hawkeye).

I get the thinking behind having heroes that we don't get to see because they don't have their own book, but then again I want to see my favorite characters in a team. With Spider-Man the only 616 fix of him I get anymore is New Avengers because I hate his solo title so much. I want him to stay so badly.

My ideal team would be:

Captain America (Bucky)
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Beast
Ronin
Mockingbird
Spider-Woman
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Daredevil (even though he's never been on the team)
Hank Pym

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If Bendis is writing the new Avengers book (HA! like he wouldn't be) Spider-Man needs to be on the team.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm far less concerned with who will be on the team, but rather who will be writing the book.

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I'm far less concerned with who will be on the team, but rather who will be writing the book.
so this is the end of bendis on avengers? if so Sad

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:
Joshua wrote:I'm far less concerned with who will be on the team, but rather who will be writing the book.
That's not what I said.

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
shiky800 wrote:
That's not what I said.
well that is why i put a ? in there.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:I wonder if there's a possibility of a bi-weekly Avengers book coming out? Don't know why but the thought crossed my mind.

I was wondering that myself, Aussie. I was actually thinking they might try a thrice-weekly Avengers book like Amazing Spidey. Its been successful for Spidey, so maybe they think they could pull it off with a team book. The funny thing is, a lot of people have been wanting that for the X-Men line. Maybe they do it with the Avengers instead lol.

Yeah I'm interested to see what finally becomes of the Thunderbolts. The team has been in constant flux since Civil War. And in the "Heroic Age" I wonder what place a team of villains controlled by the government will have...

Batman25JM wrote:With Spider-Man the only 616 fix of him I get anymore is New Avengers because I hate his solo title so much. I want him to stay so badly.
Just curious, have you read the book at all in the last year or so, or are you just hateful of it because of OMD? If its the latter, I'd say you're really missing out on some great stuff as a Spidey fan. Amazing Spidey has been really good and at times stellar for sometime now.

Batman25JM wrote:My ideal team would be:

Captain America (Bucky)
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Beast
Ronin
Mockingbird
Spider-Woman
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Hank Pym
That's a cool team, but very grounded with not a lot of firepower. It seems you would like the team to keep that grounded New Avengers feel, which I loved too. But now I just wanna see a little change in tone, more big time superhero stuff for awhile I guess. That's just me.

shiky800 wrote:so this is the end of bendis on avengers? if so Sad
I think its highly doubtful, but you never know. I fully expect Bendis to be on the Avengers in some fashion for a very long time though.

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I personally don't want to see wolverine or spidey on the team. Wolverine has two teams that make sense for him to be a part of. Spidey needs to get his story taken care of in his book before he branches out anywhere.

I do think beast going back to the Avengers would be good, especially if Pym stays with his own team. I wouldn't mind if it did just go back to Avengers and a Mighty avengers title.

I would like to see the Dark avengers seperate. Ares will have to choose sides here soon, Sentry should stay an avenger until he is revealed to be the Beyonder at least. But the Dark Avengers would be better with a few additions and just become a new Masters of Evil or something.

Handling Initiative and Thunderbolts should be pretty cut and dry. The dirty T-bolts stay with osbourne's post seige team as do the criminals that join him or the hood from Camp Hammond. Ant man and a couple of the other guys stay T-bolts Moonstone goes over there. Taskmaster stays at Camp Hammond though, He is still one of the best H2H trainers in the world and the new authority over him will understand he was just doing what he did for the money and because it was "ordered by the government" and his crimes will be written off.

I think that the shake up wont actually be that big, but these are things I would like to see.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some other speculation is about a possible relaunch with Avengers #600. But I'm not sure cuz the numbers don't quite add up right now...

The Avengers book ended with Disassembled at issue #503. Now New Avengers and Mighty Avengers will be ending with #64 and #36 respectively (that's 100 issues lol). So together it would be at #603. And Dark Avengers ends at #16 so its not much help either way...

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:With Spider-Man the only 616 fix of him I get anymore is New Avengers because I hate his solo title so much. I want him to stay so badly.
Just curious, have you read the book at all in the last year or so, or are you just hateful of it because of OMD? If its the latter, I'd say you're really missing out on some great stuff as a Spidey fan. Amazing Spidey has been really good and at times stellar for sometime now.

I have read within the last year. I read up to around issue #590 or so, but I had to drop it because I hated it so much. Then I heard nothing but good things (even from those who hated BND) about American Son, but I got those issues and LOVED them. I decided to stick around for issue #600 and I thought it was mediocre at best, but I thought I'd stick with it. I continued to buy it, but HATED it. At around issue #605 I stopped reading it, but continued to buy it. I finally decided to drop it and I didn't get the last issue.

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:My ideal team would be:

Captain America (Bucky)
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Beast
Ronin
Mockingbird
Spider-Woman
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Hank Pym
That's a cool team, but very grounded with not a lot of firepower. It seems you would like the team to keep that grounded New Avengers feel, which I loved too. But now I just wanna see a little change in tone, more big time superhero stuff for awhile I guess. That's just me.

I'm more drawn to street level or low level super heroes. I do like some higher level characters, but I much prefer the lower level. The Bat family is my favorite group of characters and a big reason is because they aren't uber powerful. Anyway, that's why I like the team to only have a couple heavy hitters, and why I LOVE the New Avengers team.

I think the way they have it now works. They have the New Avengers team for a street level feel, and the Mighty Avengers team for those who want a more classic feel.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I have read within the last year. I read up to around issue #590 or so, but I had to drop it because I hated it so much. Then I heard nothing but good things (even from those who hated BND) about American Son, but I got those issues and LOVED them. I decided to stick around for issue #600 and I thought it was mediocre at best, but I thought I'd stick with it. I continued to buy it, but HATED it. At around issue #605 I stopped reading it, but continued to buy it. I finally decided to drop it and I didn't get the last issue.
Well at least you gave it a shot, unlike some people I know that have dropped Spidey cuz of OMD. You're kinda against the majority of people I've heard from about the book the last year though, but everyone has their own opinion. For what its worth, I would recommend the "Gauntlet" storyline that's been going on the past couple months. Its about the classic Spidey villains coming back on the scene. Its been really good IMO, especially the last issue.

Batman25JM wrote:I'm more drawn to street level or low level super heroes. I do like some higher level characters, but I much prefer the lower level. The Bat family is my favorite group of characters and a big reason is because they aren't uber powerful. Anyway, that's why I like the team to only have a couple heavy hitters, and why I LOVE the New Avengers team.

I think the way they have it now works. They have the New Avengers team for a street level feel, and the Mighty Avengers team for those who want a more classic feel.
Gotcha, that's cool. I've loved New Avengers too, but I'm interested in the potential change of tone. And I'm confident that Bendis (who I'm sure will be involved in this) will find the right mix and make it work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum