Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Needs to be Canceled?

+10
J Nova
riv1
BlueMaxx
Topcat
shining knight
alucardbarnivous
Ska
blue halo
Administrator
Metal Misfit
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What Needs to be Canceled? Empty What Needs to be Canceled? Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:50 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Some may wonder about what should be, but what about the things that should not be?

Any books that you feel should be yanked off the shelf and a publisher should stop the press on? Lame character, bad idea, whatever reason you got!

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

2What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Cable - Repetitive plot and mediocre writing, the art isn't good either. Better put this down to sleep and bring Cable to X-Force or something.

One Avengers book - Okay, the Avengers are a huge hit right now and Marvel is trying to squeeze that franchise, but the people running the company completely forget what happened when they oveloaded the market with Spider-Man and X-Men books many years ago. Heck, they even do that now as I write this.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:06 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

My thoughts on Cable are as such.. it seems that the sroryline up to now has just been a lead up to the Messiah War, and hopefully, if this title continues after the War, it'll pick up in a big way. I too, am tired of the every month, let's bound to a different timepoint thing.

4What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

STOP NARUTO PLEEEEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It spreads like the plague.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

5What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:13 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:STOP NARUTO PLEEEEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It spreads like the plague.

Believe it!

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

6What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:28 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

beat me to it man....beat me to it

jla: pointless comic the way it currently is. In fact its on my adios list what with the uk prices of comics getting jacked up

7What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:00 am

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:STOP NARUTO PLEEEEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It spreads like the plague.

Right on, sister! yes

http://www.tamarasanime.com

8What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:46 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah its because of naruto that my beloved one piece constantly gets the shaft

9What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:04 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nothing that I'm getting right now. There are some teetering. Supergirl and JLA. If they don't shape-up, I'm givin'em up. Supergirl's Superwoman arc has been pretty cool, actually. But, if the climax doesn't please, then I drop it. As for JLA, I dug issue #31. It intrigued me to see where these not-so-big-shots'll do in the future stories. But again, time will tell on these two.

Oh, and Dan Didio needs to be cancelled. *rimshot followed by out of key clown-honk*

10What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:06 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Yeah, the last issues of JLA & Supergirl were good. JLA especially. I'm looking forward to the team shake up and to all the Superbook's yearlong stories.

11What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:32 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spidey_82 wrote:Cable - Repetitive plot and mediocre writing, the art isn't good either. Better put this down to sleep and bring Cable to X-Force or something.

One Avengers book - Okay, the Avengers are a huge hit right now and Marvel is trying to squeeze that franchise, but the people running the company completely forget what happened when they oveloaded the market with Spider-Man and X-Men books many years ago. Heck, they even do that now as I write this.
99% of the X franchise, to include Cable. One X title, and Wolverine. Sorry but, Wolverine is a rich enough character to deserve his own book.
Back to one Avengers title. One Spiderman title.

Put the best on these books and just simplify yourself Marvel. Calm the hell down and relax.

12What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Riv! thumbs up

13What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:48 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit! What Needs to be Canceled? Thumbsup

14What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:41 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

headbang

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

15What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:53 am

J Nova

J Nova
Cadet
Cadet

Spidey_82 wrote:Cable - Repetitive plot and mediocre writing, the art isn't good either. Better put this down to sleep and bring Cable to X-Force or something.

Agreed. I would say Young X-men but that's been handled already.

16What Needs to be Canceled? Empty what needs to be canceled? Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:42 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jeph Loeb's atrocity "Hulk"

17What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:24 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I agree that the X-Men titles need to be downsized and that the Avengers need to eventually merge into one team.

18What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:54 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

I think the x men got way to many characters not to have multiple teams

19What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:56 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman. After 688 issues and 21 annuals, we get it. He's super, we get. End that shit. tongue Laughing

20What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:14 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

riv1 wrote:

99% of the X franchise, to include Cable. One X title, and Wolverine. Sorry but, Wolverine is a rich enough character to deserve his own book.
Back to one Avengers title. One Spiderman title.

Put the best on these books and just simplify yourself Marvel. Calm the hell down and relax.
I wouldn't seeing this:

Uncanny X-Men: It's already meant to feature a wide array of characters, so with Xavier (and Rogue and Gambit) ending his journey in Legacy, cancel the book and leave us only with UXM.

X-Force and X-Factor: They're too good and too different from UXM to cancel. Like I said earlier, cancel Cable and bring him back to X-Force.

Deadpool and Wolverine (: Weapon X): No more one-shots. No more mini-series. No more multiple books. Save Deadpool before he gets the same plague as Wolverine and focus only on his ongoing. One note stories could be left for fill-in issues and doing backup stories again would do the books justice. Oh, and there the annuals. These used to be the place for stories off the shelf. As for Wolverine, cancel Origin (I think that's what will happen in upcoming months) and leave us only with the Jason Aaron book (wither leave it as Weapon X or move him to the adjective-less title).

---

Avengers? Won't happen soon with all the things going on in the little-big universe, but I think everyone can handle the cancellation of one book.

---

Technically, Amazing Spider-Man is the only Spider-Man book out there... (not counting one-shots, specials, annuals and Big Event-related mini-series.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

21What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:48 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League of America

22What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

and replaced by a james robinson written team.....saaaaaaaay isn't he doing a miniseries similar to that Wink

23What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Now he's doing the main series too!

24What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:07 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think its gonna be editorially driven

25What Needs to be Canceled? Empty Re: What Needs to be Canceled? Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

IDK. Robinson almost left in the first place. That's why there was the mini only. They must've made amends, but the contract on the mini was still due, and now he has both. For them to've made by-gones be by-gones he would have to get a sweet deal. It seems to me that Didio is slipping further and further from the lime-light. I'm assuming for good reason. He, and staff, may think he is hurting sales?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum