Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con

+10
Mnemosis
Solstrom
Chi-Town Spidey
Heytherejeffro
superdoug
Joshua
Matt
Lee
Silent K
elijahdprophet
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:16 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

http://www.wizardworld.com/atlantaannounce.html

So Gareb just keeps on buying up cons. No date for Atlanta yet, but it looks like he is trying to reboot the tour.

Wizard World Comic Con Tour:
March 26-28, 2010,Toronto Comic Con, Direct Energy Centre
April 16-18, 2010, Anaheim Comic Con, Anaheim Convention Center
June 11-13, 2010, Philadelphia Comic Con, Philadelphia Convention Center
August 19-22, 2010, Chicago Comic Con, Donald E. Stephens (Rosemont) Convention Center
October 7-10, 2010, Big Apple Comic Con, Pier 94
November 12-14, 2010, Austin Comic Con, Austin Convention Center
Atlanta Comic Con, TBD
New England Comic Con, TBD

2Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Why not just have ONE show and make that one decent, instead of 10 watered down shows?

3Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:26 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Silent K wrote:Why not just have ONE show and make that one decent, instead of 10 watered down shows?

that is like asking "Why not give all that washed up wrestler space to a publisher with some draw, like Marvel or DC?"

The answer is the same, Gareb is a fuck up.

4Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

There was a time when this news would fill me with joy. That's a LOT of con there.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

5Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

I just want to know what his angle is this time. That's a lot of shows for one guy to plan and run(a guy who had problems running one show) So unless he hired more people this seems doomed to fail

6Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just can't comprehend how he had to cancel two of their shows because of the economy and now they've got more than double what they had last year. I don't think the calendar year can support all of Shamus' shows in addition to all of the conventions already in place.

7Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:09 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I just can't comprehend how he had to cancel two of their shows because of the economy and now they've got more than double what they had last year. I don't think the calendar year can support all of Shamus' shows in addition to all of the conventions already in place.

THIS. Shamus is a fucktard. Completely. I'm through with him and his incestuous gay orgy he's having with his brother and the other two guys still working for him.

Gareb Shamus' conventions will never get another fucking dime of my money, even if they came to Dallas with Yvonne Craig and every actress who every played Supergirl and were selling chances to rub baby oil on Nathan Fillion's nether regions.

(Okay. MAYbe if they were offering that last thing, but I'd have to see some video of it happening before I fell for it!)

8Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Doug... That post is what awesomeness is made of.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

9Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Shamus is a fucktard. Completely. I'm through with him and his incestuous gay orgy he's having with his brother and the other two guys still working for him.
I'm pretty sure one of the guys working for him is pretty damned gay. Like, very gay. "Cher" gay.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

10Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Joshua wrote:I just can't comprehend how he had to cancel two of their shows because of the economy and now they've got more than double what they had last year. I don't think the calendar year can support all of Shamus' shows in addition to all of the conventions already in place.

THIS. Shamus is a fucktard. Completely. I'm through with him and his incestuous gay orgy he's having with his brother and the other two guys still working for him.

Gareb Shamus' conventions will never get another fucking dime of my money, even if they came to Dallas with Yvonne Craig and every actress who every played Supergirl and were selling chances to rub baby oil on Nathan Fillion's nether regions.

(Okay. MAYbe if they were offering that last thing, but I'd have to see some video of it happening before I fell for it!)

Lee wrote:Doug... That post is what awesomeness is made of.

I agree, Dough this song goes out to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ9zSq8kJ-E

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

11Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:30 pm

Solstrom

Solstrom
Cadet
Cadet

You just know Garab had to have every toy in all of the Happy Meal sets when he was a kid. "Gotta collect them all.. mwahahahaha" (that's how he talks in my head).

12Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Oh, Doug. I wish I were gay sometimes.

13Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Oh, Doug. I wish I were gay sometimes.

Hply crap..you're not!

14Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

huh

Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con 5373_101927886485563_100000050563567_55229_1165611_n

Now I'm confused....

Laughing tongue

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

15Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:02 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Don't tell Ska, but sometimes I wish you were, too!

16Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:

Hply crap..you're not!
Now I'm confused....
I, too, was under the impression that Ska was K-whack's beard.

17Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

all i heard was Yvonne Craig oiling my nether regions.

http://realityfugitives.com/

18Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:54 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So Gareb just wants to do conventions now? I guess it's not a new thing but whatever.

19Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Empty Re: Gareb buys Atlanta Comic Con Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Three years ago, I would have been thrilled by a Wizard con being held so close to where I live. Of course, my disdain for everything Wizard now has zapped any enthusiasm I would potentially have for this. If I go to a Con in Atlanta this year, it'll be Dragon Con.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum