Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Outsiders

+4
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
shining knight
Batman25JM
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Outsiders Empty Outsiders Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:23 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't see a thread, so here we go.

Outsiders #26

Meh. I didn't care for this. The art seemed sloppy at points, but my main gripe was the characterization. For the most part everyone acted out of character. Geo-Force was the worst.

There was also some bad dialogue. It felt cheese and like old school writing.

I'm not sure what to think about Eradicator. I know almost nothing about him. Does he have any actual tie to New Krypton? I haven't seen him in any of the other books. Is it just a lie that Geo-Force is telling the people.

I'm very close to dropping this. I love the book when Tomasi was on it, and I wish he still was. I don't think he had long enough on the book. This book has been plagued with major changes. It keeps shifting gears, it's ridiculous. Anyway, I'm trying to cut back on books and this just wasn't good enough for me to want to stick around.

2Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:02 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dropped!

3Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:08 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Do we know who is on the new roster when Didio takes over writing duties?

4Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Well, he took over this issue.

So far it seems like the roster will pretty much stay the same with Geo-Force, The Creeper, Metamorpho, Katana, Owlman, and Black Lightning. Eradicator is now a memer as well.

5Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Didn't read it yet, but I intend. I recently stopped reading the book then started again because of the Blackest Night tie-ins. I'm just not a fan of the roster. Outsiders will always be the leftovers that aren't good enough to be in the JLA or JSA, though I do like Owlman and Metamorpho.

Eradicator seems like extreme overkill considering the big push the rest of the Super Family is getting. Thought he was dead or something anyway. And it's not even anything new -- didn't he lead the Outsiders for awhile back in the '90s?

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

6Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:13 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Dropped the book the second Blackest Night and Tomasi's run ended. If Tomasi couldnt' handle this team, how the hell can Didio? That, and I wasn't a fan of Tan's art on Batman & Robin.

I've been wanting to drop this for the longest time. Now time like the present.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

7Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:29 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Didio being on board guarantees the book won't be canceled anytime soon though. Laughing

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

8Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:54 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Very Happy

9Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^Well, he took over this issue.

So far it seems like the roster will pretty much stay the same with Geo-Force, The Creeper, Metamorpho, Katana, Owlman, and Black Lightning. Eradicator is now a memer as well.

Owlman? You mean Earth 3 Crime Syndicate Owlman? Eradicator? Is he still around? This sounds like a very lame team.

10Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:07 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:^Well, he took over this issue.

Owlman? You mean Earth 3 Crime Syndicate Owlman? Eradicator? Is he still around? This sounds like a very lame team.

No, it's not the Crime Syndicate Owlman, its Roy Raymond Jr., he became Owlman after Batman's "death".

11Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:10 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I liked Owlman, he was cool. Reminded me of Nite Owl from the Watchmen.

12Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:14 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really really like Owlman. He's probably my favorite member of the team.

13Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Overall, this team sounds fairly weak.

14Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's not the best team, but I was really enjoying it when Tomasi was writing.

15Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:59 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Me too. Even though I knew it was an average book, there was something about it that I liked enough to keep it going monthly. Oh well.

16Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:26 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Tomasi and what he does in the Green Lantern Corps. Was his run on Outsiders really that good? I can't see it staying that good with Didio as the writer.

17Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:08 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Honestly, I wouldn't bother.

18Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:58 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked the outsiders when it first started but after winick left the book i lost all interest in it. plus the death of shift bothered me.

19Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:19 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:I liked the outsiders when it first started but after winick left the book i lost all interest in it. plus the death of shift bothered me.

Yeah. I liked Shift as well. What happened to Grace and Thunder? Are they no longer on the team? I don't know. This team should have at least one higher caliber character.

20Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:47 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:I liked the outsiders when it first started but after winick left the book i lost all interest in it. plus the death of shift bothered me.

Yeah. I liked Shift as well. What happened to Grace and Thunder? Are they no longer on the team? I don't know. This team should have at least one higher caliber character.

I have no idea. I know thunder was on the team when batman got involved with them again.

21Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:52 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thunder is still in a coma as far as I know and grace just disappeared

22Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:thunder is still in a coma as far as I know and grace just disappeared

Oh that frosts my cupcakes. Dc is so bad at killing off and disappearing characters.

23Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:thunder is still in a coma as far as I know and grace just disappeared

She's in a coma? Really? So Black Lightning's daughter is in a coma and yet he's letting his other daughter in the JSA? That makes a lot of sense. And Grace is just gone? I hope they explain it at some point.

24Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I like Tomasi and what he does in the Green Lantern Corps. Was his run on Outsiders really that good? I can't see it staying that good with Didio as the writer.

I really enjoyed Tomasi's (short) run. He did a good job with a bunch of lesser characters.

25Outsiders Empty Re: Outsiders Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I like Tomasi and what he does in the Green Lantern Corps. Was his run on Outsiders really that good? I can't see it staying that good with Didio as the writer.

I really enjoyed Tomasi's (short) run. He did a good job with a bunch of lesser characters.
Maybe I'll check it out in trade or dollar or fifty cent bins at a convention.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum