Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Iron Man Armor

+5
Bigtymin504
Combo Mo
kidspider2099
Administrator
jaydee74
9 posters

Do you like the new look?

New Iron Man Armor Vote_lcap76%New Iron Man Armor Vote_rcap 76% [ 13 ]
New Iron Man Armor Vote_lcap12%New Iron Man Armor Vote_rcap 12% [ 2 ]
New Iron Man Armor Vote_lcap12%New Iron Man Armor Vote_rcap 12% [ 2 ]
New Iron Man Armor Vote_lcap0%New Iron Man Armor Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Iron Man Armor Empty New Iron Man Armor Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:07 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From Marvel.com

Marvel is proud to unveil a new look for Iron Man, signaling a new era for Tony Stark and the Marvel Universe! From the minds of Eisner Award-winning series writer Matt Fraction and Ryan Meinerding, designer on the "Iron Man" and "Thor" films, comes the most bleeding edge, out of this world armor you've ever seen! Following the sold-out "Stark Disassembled" storyline, the Marvel Universe still needs its armored champion and a new mission requires a new kind of armor! But when you see just what Iron Man has planned for the Marvel Universe, your jaw will be on the floor! There's never been a super hero like the new Iron Man!

"The inspiration for the new design came from thinking about a sleeker, leaner, tougher Iron Man," revealed Fraction. "If technology is increasingly getting smaller and lighter it seems like the Iron Man should do the same: ergonomic and aerodynamic. We were looking for something that felt as sleek and glossy as a sports car Tony Stark would covet. I love what we've come up with. It feels like the next evolutionary step in the Iron Man's design."

A bold new direction for Iron Man starts here with the perfect jumping on point for readers old and new alike, as the all-new Iron Man makes his debut in INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #25, on-sale this April!

New Iron Man Armor Imbrighter

2New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

When I looked at it for the first time I wasn't sure I'm liking it, but after couple of view and reading Fraction's reasoning, I'm good with it. At least it lacks a place for the nose or roller skates...

For the first time ever, it looks like the armor is very thin and light, sleeker.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:When I looked at it for the first time I wasn't sure I'm liking it, but after couple of view and reading Fraction's reasoning, I'm good with it. At least it lacks a place for the nose or roller skates...

For the first time ever, it looks like the armor is very thin and light, sleeker.

That's what I thought too. Also, for some reason, I have always liked the circular chest plate the best. Not sure why, but visually, I've always liked it better.

4New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:54 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I kinda like it. I just wish iron man had more firepower.

5New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Are those bullet holes??

Lame.

6New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love this design. And what Fraction said makes total sense to me.

"The inspiration for the new design came from thinking about a sleeker, leaner, tougher Iron Man. If technology is increasingly getting smaller and lighter it seems like the Iron Man should do the same: ergonomic and aerodynamic. We were looking for something that felt as sleek and glossy as a sports car Tony Stark would covet. I love what we've come up with. It feels like the next evolutionary step in the Iron Man's design."

thumbs up

7New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:52 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:Are those bullet holes??

Lame.

I don't think they are bullet holes. Not sure what they are but I doubt they are bullet holes.
Bigtymin504 wrote:I love this design. And what Fraction said makes total sense to me.

"The inspiration for the new design came from thinking about a sleeker, leaner, tougher Iron Man. If technology is increasingly getting smaller and lighter it seems like the Iron Man should do the same: ergonomic and aerodynamic. We were looking for something that felt as sleek and glossy as a sports car Tony Stark would covet. I love what we've come up with. It feels like the next evolutionary step in the Iron Man's design."

thumbs up

I thought it was good reasoning as well.

8New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

It's nice. The armor never really changes much from the previous incarnation though.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

9New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like it. Good reasoning for the change.

10New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The first time I saw it I didn't like it. I'm a big fan of the Extremis armor (I think it is by far the coolest looking armor he's ever had). However, the more I see it the more I like it. I do like the sleeker look. It's a lot like how Iron Lad's armor was. Fraction's reasoning is solid.

The only thing I don't like are all the extra circular lights on the upper chest. If they got rid of those I'd like it a LOT more.

11New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:22 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta think those extra circular light things on the armor are there for a reason. I like it. Sleek and cool looking.

12New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Honestly, every time I look at it I like it more. I can't wait till he gets it. I am not a fan of the older style armor that Tony was wearing during the World's Most Wanted arc (I'm talking about the older version of the red and gold armor, not his original armor, I kinda like his original armor).

13New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:01 am

Toothgrinder

Toothgrinder
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I don't like it. Too sleek and futuristic. I'd prefer an old school look with rivets whatnot.

14New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:06 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:The first time I saw it I didn't like it. I'm a big fan of the Extremis armor (I think it is by far the coolest looking armor he's ever had). However, the more I see it the more I like it. I do like the sleeker look. It's a lot like how Iron Lad's armor was. Fraction's reasoning is solid.

The only thing I don't like are all the extra circular lights on the upper chest. If they got rid of those I'd like it a LOT more.
Yeah I really loved the Extremis armor, probably my favorite. But this one has really grown on me too. Can't wait to see it in action.

15New Iron Man Armor Empty Re: New Iron Man Armor Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:The first time I saw it I didn't like it. I'm a big fan of the Extremis armor (I think it is by far the coolest looking armor he's ever had). However, the more I see it the more I like it. I do like the sleeker look. It's a lot like how Iron Lad's armor was. Fraction's reasoning is solid.

Yeah I really loved the Extremis armor, probably my favorite. But this one has really grown on me too. Can't wait to see it in action.

Same here. Looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum