Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

XB 360 Headphone issues

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1XB 360 Headphone issues Empty XB 360 Headphone issues Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:59 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Has anyone had issues with their headphones not allowing you to talk during a game? I'm not talking about when someone hit's mute because they don't want to hear a 12 year old say "die MUTHA FUCKER, DIE!!". I'll try and provide you with as much information as possible on my circumstances. I have a wireless router, it's a Netgear WNR1000v2 and I can hook up to Live fine. Not to mention according to MW2 my NAT is open or some sort? However whenever I plug them in I can hear everyone, but they can't hear or communicate with me. If I switch from on to mute(off) it looks like it wants to turn on for a millisecond and when I record in the message center it's pretty damn low. So can anyone tell me how to fix this issue off the top of their head, perhaps because this happened to you too? I know most of you are pretty techie saavy. Me? Not so much.

2XB 360 Headphone issues Empty Re: XB 360 Headphone issues Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:48 am

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

well one question first...u said u can hear them, is that thru tha mic or thru ur tv? if u cant hear them thru urs, then its like mine, and u just gotta take it out and stick it back in hard and maybe spin it around. cuz my mic is messin up too and i need to get a new one. but thats what i been doin for mine. but if u can hear them thru urs but cant talk, then i dont know, but im pretty sure regardless of what it is, u might need a new one. and i dont think ur connection has anything to do wit it, so u dont have to worry about that.

3XB 360 Headphone issues Empty Re: XB 360 Headphone issues Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:19 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the headset. Like I said above, I can hear them through the headset, but my headset icon isn't on, so I can't respond Sad When I don't have it plugged in, I do hear things through the tv, but I just mute all to eliminate the distractions. I did try something I read online and it really didn't change anything, so I went back to the recommended set up by XB. I might see if Microsoft will send me out a new headset. If not, I might pick up the wireless one down the line. Has anyone used that or do you pretty much not worry about it? I think I'm going to play a little GOW tomorrow if my son will let me.

4XB 360 Headphone issues Empty Re: XB 360 Headphone issues Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had problems with my mic echoing people's voices mine included it was really annoying Mad ..I ended up changing the batteries in my controller and that helped.

5XB 360 Headphone issues Empty Re: XB 360 Headphone issues Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:31 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Fresh batteries was the first thing I thought of, along with a check list of other things. I'm just at wits end on this and maybe calling Microsoft in the next day or so to sort this out. Since it's not the wireless, I would think it would be just a plug & play situation.

6XB 360 Headphone issues Empty Re: XB 360 Headphone issues Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Fresh batteries was the first thing I thought of, along with a check list of other things. I'm just at wits end on this and maybe calling Microsoft in the next day or so to sort this out. Since it's not the wireless, I would think it would be just a plug & play situation.

It could that or a short in the wire...have you tired jingling it Laughing

7XB 360 Headphone issues Empty Re: XB 360 Headphone issues Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Everytime I go to the bathroom, but I don't see what that has to do with anything tongue I know they are free, but I'm blown away at the cheapness of them if I have to do that Rolling Eyes I'm considering the contacting them for a replacement. I've tried just about everything: plugging them into another controller, batteries and even plugging the 360 directly into the modem and NADA!!

8XB 360 Headphone issues Empty Re: XB 360 Headphone issues Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:40 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Everytime I go to the bathroom, but I don't see what that has to do with anything tongue I know they are free, but I'm blown away at the cheapness of them if I have to do that Rolling Eyes I'm considering the contacting them for a replacement. I've tried just about everything: plugging them into another controller, batteries and even plugging the 360 directly into the modem and NADA!!

Maybe your head is rejecting the mic set scratch ...its a possibility Wink Laughing

9XB 360 Headphone issues Empty Re: XB 360 Headphone issues Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Sounds like it's just a bad mic. You may have to get a new one. The stock headset that came with the unit has been o.k for me.

10XB 360 Headphone issues Empty Re: XB 360 Headphone issues Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:28 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Too true Simon, too true Shocked Apparently these headphones weren't made for a bald person and more for the follicle blessed blush I'm going to step away from the situation and see if my demeanor improves. I've been so focused on this that I've been ignoring my console a bit Shocked

11XB 360 Headphone issues Empty Re: XB 360 Headphone issues Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Too true Simon, too true Shocked Apparently these headphones weren't made for a bald person and more for the follicle blessed blush I'm going to step away from the situation and see if my demeanor improves. I've been so focused on this that I've been ignoring my console a bit Shocked

Then its not your head...my husband is bald and he doesn't have a problem with them...its settled it is the headset and nothing with your head Very Happy

12XB 360 Headphone issues Empty Re: XB 360 Headphone issues Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:32 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

do you have an old school hands free mic kit from an old cell phone? Its the same mic/head set jack used for phones. You should try that. If it does not work it could be the connection inside your controller. Have you tried a different controller?

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum