Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

It never ends....Gareb "the baby eater" shamus buys another con!

+6
Administrator
Joshua
superdoug
potatojoe
Goof
shining knight
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It never ends....Gareb "the baby eater" shamus buys another con! CC_CLEVELAND

All your conventions are belong to us!

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing Are you kidding me? lol!

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Told ya! Laughing

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Its starting to remind me of the wwf buying up smaller wrestling companies in the 80s

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:^ Told ya! Laughing

*bows to potatojoe* Wink

I want the t-shirt!

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Apparently, there's a lot of money to be made by reducing the quality of your top-selling magazine and focusing on shitty conventions that fill up a calendar year.

I'm willing to bet with a schedule so tight that Shamus will have trouble getting multiple appearances out of anyone who's not a Marvel employee that he's whored his writers out to.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, and for those keeping count...this brings the number of conventions that Shamus (who cancelled two major conventions last year citing financial woes) opened to 11. ELEVEN.

Last edited by superdoug on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

eleven jeez and how many of those eleven got threads here? Laughing

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I recommend that the comic community show their distaste for his slimy maneuvering by refusing to give him their money or volunteer their assistance at his conventions. Not that it would happen, but I would love to see how successful his tits-ass-wrestlers-and-oh-yeah-comics conventions would be if they were a complete discombobulated mess.

Oh, wait. THEY KIND OF ARE ALREADY.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, based on the types of guests he's targeting it doesn't seem like the comic book community is his target demographic anymore.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Then he needs to take 'Comic-Con' off the titles, because if that's the case, he's just lying to comic fans to get their money and get them in the door. Which would make him an even bigger asshat douchebag.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

What's next? Buying out Weap-Con?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

PLEASE ... dear gareb - buy a gundam con .... if you host it - i will come...

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

after my experience last year, i will never volunteer at another con ever. it was pretty bad, and my good nature made it worse for me. cuz they were shorthanded, so being a good person, i went beyond my volunteer duties to try to make a bad con better at least for tha fans. and in doing so, i missed quite a bit of tha con. it was a disaster tho, tha staff was all screwed up, and it didnt seem like they knew half of what was goin on. cant wait for C2E2!

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This "news" was actually in the Cleveland newspaper today.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2010/02/wizard_world_comics_convention.html

My wife told me that she went to high school with Roger Priebe, the guy who sold it Shamus.

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

I keep telling you guys, this is the direction he's going. Clearly with the internet and so many sites breaking news or doing a better job than Wizard Entertainment, this is the next big thing for him. I wouldn't really blame the guy, if he at least went down swinging with his magazines. Instead, he seems to get easily distracted with the next big thing Rolling Eyes

Cliff

Cliff
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

...Cleveland's, like, a two and a half to three hour ride north for me.

I...I might actually go.

The Pittsburgh Comicon is ok, we've had major stars show up in the past (Ernie Hudson, Margot Kidder, most of the "FarScape" cast, Peter Mayhew) but the last two years really took a beating as the guy who owned it was arrested in Chicago for murdering his wife back in the early 90s. Once word of that got out, celebs, vendors and con-goers dropped immediately.

It's supposedly back to normal this year, in April, but...

...ok, I'm reading the guest list for the PittCon now, and it looks like it's back to how it was three years ago. Gene motherfucking Colan is going to be a guest. YES!!! I'm totally bringing my "Essential Howard the Duck" for him to sign!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum