Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Avengers

+31
Arsenal0602
UltimateUltimacy
GigaToast
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
jaydee74
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Demonweasel
G_Zatara
Batman25JM
gangsternerd
Lee
The Ignored One
Chi-Town Spidey
dmahoney
Mnemosis
Foreigner_Man
Aussiemandias
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
Fresh03
KingJoffers
Administrator
shiky800
shining knight
Jango Fett
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Joshua
Sandman
prescribeddrone
vikoros
Bigtymin504
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

301Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Avengers #6

Another great issue. This is definitely my favorite Avengers book right now (New Avengers is a close second).

The art was so kick ass. If they ever perfect human cloning, I want Deodato to be the first on the list to be cloned. I want him drawing almost every book out there.

302Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Secret Avengers #6

Another great issue. This is definitely my favorite Avengers book right now (New Avengers is a close second).

Same here - I really am enjoying this comic - and not just a favourite Avengers comic, it's one of my favourite Marvel comics at the moment. I sort of get the feeling Brubaker's really enjoying it too as it's coming through in the writing. Have to say I'm liking the use of additional characters to the usual team in the story arcs - last time it was Nova and this arc looks like it will have Shang-Chi and the Prince of Orphans (a character Brubaker used (maybe created - not sure) during his run on Iron Fist).

I'm also liking this Shadow Council - I've always enjoyed manipulative, big picture villains like this (although I don't know that it's 100% clear just yet that they are out and out villains). I've definitely come to the conclusion, though, that only villains have the arrogance to walk around in big cloaks.

303Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Laughing

Agreed on everything. This is one of my favorite Marvel books right now as well (and I'd also put it in my top 10 favorite books period).

304Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:33 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Secret Avengers #6

Same here - I really am enjoying this comic - and not just a favourite Avengers comic, it's one of my favourite Marvel comics at the moment. I sort of get the feeling Brubaker's really enjoying it too as it's coming through in the writing. Have to say I'm liking the use of additional characters to the usual team in the story arcs - last time it was Nova and this arc looks like it will have Shang-Chi and the Prince of Orphans (a character Brubaker used (maybe created - not sure) during his run on Iron Fist).

I'm also liking this Shadow Council - I've always enjoyed manipulative, big picture villains like this (although I don't know that it's 100% clear just yet that they are out and out villains). I've definitely come to the conclusion, though, that only villains have the arrogance to walk around in big cloaks.

Agreed with you both! Love this book, especially with the way this arc is shaping up. Some real espionage goodness. Not to mention anything with Shang-Chi and Prince of Orphans rules!

305Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:16 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Very quickly red, yet very satisfied reader. Hopefully this book becomes a staple for years to come.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

306Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Very quickly red, yet very satisfied reader. Hopefully this book becomes a staple for years to come.

Agreed. Loving what Bru is building here. I'm very interested in what the heck's going on with John Steele...as well as learning more about the war-time adventures of Steve and the Prince of Orphans!

307Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:40 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

Idk, I'm loving Deodato's art more than anything. Who's the Prince of Orphans? seriously

I miss Dark Avengers. I REALLY liked that book. But I suppose the whole deal with that team was that it was meant to implode. Still, the line-up was so entertaining. Secret Avengers is a hodge-podge. I like Ant-Man the most. Isn't that odd?

308Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Avengers #7

Another good issue. I'm loving the story, and the art is just too fantastic for words.

309Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:27 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

TheBrownLantern wrote:Idk, I'm loving Deodato's art more than anything. Who's the Prince of Orphans? seriously

I miss Dark Avengers. I REALLY liked that book. But I suppose the whole deal with that team was that it was meant to implode. Still, the line-up was so entertaining. Secret Avengers is a hodge-podge. I like Ant-Man the most. Isn't that odd?

Prince of Orphans was introduced late in the Immortal Iron Fist's fun...and Ant-Man is the most "fun" character, for sure. Bru's take on O'Grady should make Kirkman proud.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

310Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:34 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
LOOSECANNON wrote:Very quickly red, yet very satisfied reader. Hopefully this book becomes a staple for years to come.

Agreed. Loving what Bru is building here. I'm very interested in what the heck's going on with John Steele...as well as learning more about the war-time adventures of Steve and the Prince of Orphans!

Batman25JM wrote:Secret Avengers #7

Another good issue. I'm loving the story, and the art is just too fantastic for words.

Agree with all you guys. This is my favourite Avengers book at the moment - every month I thoroughly enjoy it and I love the larger plot that Brubaker is weaving here. The John Steele stuff he's been building for a long time in the Marvels Project and I can't wait to hear the story of how he got to this point from when he disappeared in WWII and, quite frankly, just what the hell this whole Shadow Council is.

This is one of those classic comics that truly has me hanging out to next issue to find out what's going to happen.

311Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Avengers #8

The excellence continues. Brubaker and Deodato just continue producing one of Marvel's best comics. Every issue I feel like this is part of some really great storyline involving the Shadow Council and I'm loving every minute of it.

Interesting stuff this issue with John Steele really coming on the scene. This whole Shadow Council thing is becoming more and more intriguing. I just can't see John Steele and Max Fury being on the side of the bad guys so they're either being duped or the Shadow Council may be acting on the behalf of the greater good although somewhat misguided. Max even mentions to Sharon that there are secrets being kept from her. Curiouser and curiouser. Anyway it makes them more interesting than the usual villains.

312Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Avengers #8

So damn good. This book is just awesome each month.

I would like to see Moon Knight again soon. I'm missing him.

313Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Actually if there's one criticism I would give of Brubaker's work here (and I'm scrounging to be honest), it's that he doesn't really keep us posted on what's happening with the whole team each issue. Even if it's just a comment or a panel I think it would be handy - not saying each issue has to feature everyone - just a brief reminder of where they are or what they're doing. This is the most minor of minor complaints though.

314Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:20 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I actually thought #8 was just okay...not sure why but just didn't love it. Was it just me or did it seem pretty dumb and amateur of Cap to jump into that attack by Shang Chi's father and leave Sharon back on the ship again? Steve should have sniffed that set up out easy if you ask me...

I am still loving the John Steele and Max Fury stuff, dunno what their motives are yet.

315Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:15 pm

ed2962

ed2962
Cadet
Cadet

Aussiemandias wrote:Secret Avengers #8

The excellence continues. Brubaker and Deodato just continue producing one of Marvel's best comics. Every issue I feel like this is part of some really great storyline involving the Shadow Council and I'm loving every minute of it.

Interesting stuff this issue with John Steele really coming on the scene. This whole Shadow Council thing is becoming more and more intriguing. I just can't see John Steele and Max Fury being on the side of the bad guys so they're either being duped or the Shadow Council may be acting on the behalf of the greater good although somewhat misguided. Max even mentions to Sharon that there are secrets being kept from her. Curiouser and curiouser. Anyway it makes them more interesting than the usual villains.

My guess is that Max and John think the council are working toward some noble goal ,but Max and John are ultimately being deceived. But who knows? I love the way Brubaker is unfolding his plot. Stuff actually happens in this comic. I have some minor problems with the art,but I agree with everyone who gives this comic a positive review. This is my favorite Marvel comic. yes

http://ed2962.wordpress.com

316Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:29 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't wait for the conclusion, love this book <3

317Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:44 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Avengers #9

More excellence. This issue confirmed it for me that Max Fury and John Steele must believe the Shadow Council is working towards some greater good.

I'm now getting the distinct feeling that Brubaker is working on a very long run on this book. This doesn't seem like an overarching storyline that will be resolved in the short term. I think one of the reasons I'm really enoying the book is that there is this big, epic storyline feel to what's going on and each of these arcs so far have revealed a little more of what's happening.

Love stuff too where there are plans within plans - eg. Moon Knight infiltrating the Shadow Council ship during the fight.

318Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:16 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Avengers #9

Awesome as per usual.

The art was just beyond stellar here. The Steve/Steele fight was just gorgeous.

I'm thrilled to have Moon Knight back.

I agree, it definitely feels like there is an epic storyline going on. I hope that's the case. It's also one of the reasons I love the book so much.

319Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:25 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well now it makes sense why Nick Spencer is writing the 12.1 issue. He's taking over the book starting with issue 13.

He's a good writer, but I'd rather have Brubaker on the book.

320Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:Well now it makes sense why Nick Spencer is writing the 12.1 issue. He's taking over the book starting with issue 13.

Whaaa?? dry

Well this probably means Bru has another big project in the works...he better.

321Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:Well now it makes sense why Nick Spencer is writing the 12.1 issue. He's taking over the book starting with issue 13.

What the hell?!?!

Noooooooooooooooo!

I wanted Brubaker on this for the long haul.

I don't think I have ever even heard of Nick Spencer.

322Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:59 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:

What the hell?!?!

Noooooooooooooooo!

LEARN!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Spencer
Wink

Here's a question. How SECRET are the Secret Avengers? What makes them so secret?

323Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

What the hell?!?!

Noooooooooooooooo!

LEARN!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Spencer
Wink

Here's a question. How SECRET are the Secret Avengers? What makes them so secret?

I've never read anything by him. I hope he's good.

I hate that Brubaker's going to be gone!!

324Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Indiana Solo

Indiana Solo
Cadet
Cadet

I thought Spencer was too busy with Morning Glories and THUNDER Agents to write Supergirl, but he's got time for Secret Avengers. Boo! Hiss!

325Secret Avengers - Page 13 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:

What the hell?!?!

Noooooooooooooooo!

This. After 12.1 or issue 13 I might drop Secret Avengers, if Ed isn't doing it.... I don't know if it's worth investing in Nick Spencer (not familiar with him) I may continue to get Secret Avengers at/after issue 13 but I rather just follow Brubaker to his next big thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum