Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Avengers

+31
Arsenal0602
UltimateUltimacy
GigaToast
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
jaydee74
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Demonweasel
G_Zatara
Batman25JM
gangsternerd
Lee
The Ignored One
Chi-Town Spidey
dmahoney
Mnemosis
Foreigner_Man
Aussiemandias
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
Fresh03
KingJoffers
Administrator
shiky800
shining knight
Jango Fett
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Joshua
Sandman
prescribeddrone
vikoros
Bigtymin504
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

76Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:With IM2 coming out this summer

War Machine is a possibility because of this...but the lack of guns and weapons makes it seem unlikely. Although maybe he gets a sleek new upgrade like Tony. huh

77Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I could TOTALLY see that being War Machine. That'd rock, and the quote makes DAMN good sense.

78Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Jango Fett

Jango Fett
Cadet
Cadet

Mnemosis wrote:I really wish they'd get serious about the Young Avengers

Jim Cheung told me that him and Allan Heinburg are doing another run with Young Avengers, and after that are going to release it so someone else can do a regular monthly comic with them.

79Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Jango Fett

Jango Fett
Cadet
Cadet

My guesses for everyone so far are: Beast, Moon Knight, Scarlet Witch, and Captain Marvel/ Protector

80Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Jango Fett wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:I really wish they'd get serious about the Young Avengers

Jim Cheung told me that him and Allan Heinburg are doing another run with Young Avengers, and after that are going to release it so someone else can do a regular monthly comic with them.

This is the best comic related news I've heard in... well... a long damn time. I really hope it's true. Heinberg's writing on these characters really was the best there's been, with Bru's Winter Kills one-shot a close follow-up. I'd really like to see them interact with the Secret Warriors, do a fairly standard team-up where they clash but end up working together. Though I'd like to see the Warriors end up screwing over the YA "for the greater good," because Fury plays dirty.

81Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I'd also like to see Bucky take an active role with the Young Avengers

82Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
vikoros wrote:Secret Avengers - Page 4 11223storystory_full-5907561.

Two names come to mind: Noh-Varr and Captain Britain.

Noh-Varr just got a new costume that looks similar and Cap showed interest in recruiting him in Dark Avengers Annual. Captain Britain makes that pose pretty often, plus he could be the MI:13 agent that's said to be defecting to the US. Plus they both fly and that character is clearly flying...
I'm ruling out Captain Britain because I think that's Spitfire in one of the other pictures (and also I think the quote also really applies to her). I think Noh-Varr's a good guess too and probably most likely but I have to say it does look like the sleeker version of Iron Man we've seen (although if there's a sleek version of Iron Man there's every reason to see a sleeker version of War Machine and that would fit with the quote too as suggested by some of you).

Fresh03 wrote:
I suppose it could be the new Captain Marvel, although his new name is Protector, yes they renamed Noh-Varr, I wonder what Grant Morrison thinks about that, anywhoo, it could certainly be him as well.
His name's still Noh-Varr though, isn't it? They haven't changed that. They've only changed his "super-hero" name and hadn't that already changed once from Morrison's original name for him - by my count he's on his third "super-hero" name in a short career!

83Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Just wait for his short stint as Goliath XVI

84Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Just wait for his short stint as Goliath XVI
Laughing

Hey I was just thinking Black Widow has GOT to be on this team! Brubaker writing - espionage-type Avengers team - she's gotta be on this one. And when you think about it this would be up Bucky's alley too.

85Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

But all indications are that Buck's on the MAIN team, no? That was my understanding. I think Bucky needs to get away from his "roots," so to speak, and be more of a traditional hero.

86Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:53 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:But all indications are that Buck's on the MAIN team, no? That was my understanding. I think Bucky needs to get away from his "roots," so to speak, and be more of a traditional hero.
Yeah, fair point with him. I'd have to agree (although I suppose some characters could double up on teams). But I definitely think this is Black Widow territory - I'd be shocked if she's not on this team.

87Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

vikoros wrote:Secret Avengers - Page 4 11223storystory_full-5907561.

No idea.

My guess is Harry Osborn.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

88Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:34 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm pretty sure that's Amazo.

89Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:36 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Beast (however it's a bizarre interpretation of his) or Spider-Man
Moon Knight
Valkyrie or Sif
Captain Marvel or Captain Britain

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

90Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:57 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Here's my guesses:
Iron fist
The Hood
Scarlet Witch
American Son(Who I know nothing about, but with Osborn's fall this may just be a good idea.)

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

91Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:35 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Y'know... the idea that that could be Iron Fist would REALLY work well.

92Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Secret Avengers - Page 4 IAmAnAvenger_SecretAvengers_5

Alrighty, next one out of the gate...

Speculations?

My guess, that looks and sounds like Protector/Noh-Varr.

93Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Maybe Gauntlet? Look at the right hand. Big broad fingers.
Secret Avengers - Page 4 Gauntlet

Last edited by Mnemosis on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

94Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Well, since my other post isn't showing up for me to edit in another thought, I suppose that could be new sleeker War machine as well.

Could be Gauntlet, looks like deuling big forearms/hands to me, which makes me assume armored up forlks.

95Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Or it could be Spawn... looks like that right boot is significantly bigger than the left.

96Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Could be Ironman, the quote makes sense after what he just did to himself, although that armor looks bulky compared to what we've been shown of his new one.

97Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Iron Man has been revealed on the main Avengers team, so that's doubtful. And Noh-Var's mask has fins, so none of these guys fit that bill... DAMN you, teasers!

http://www.leerodriguez.net

98Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah, but with Ironman 2 coming out Tony, and likely to a lesser degree Rhodey, will probably pop up more than Wolverine and Deadpool during the late spring early summer months while the movie is in theaters, that's my semi-educated guess anyway.

Heck, with the way Tony's going to be promoted in the books during the start of the Heroic Age I wouldn't be surprised to see him leading both teams of Avengers, mentoring the Young Avengers, backing up Luke Cage in T-Bolts, turning out to be the secret identity of Rulk, Wolverine's other lost kid, taking over leadership of X-Force and the New Mutants, and somehow being the guy who ends both Blackest Night and Image United.

99Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Nah, we already saw that in the Initiative. This is gonna be Steve's turn.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

100Secret Avengers - Page 4 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:48 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I've always just made the assumption that Steve's going to be the one to take over as head of Hammer/SHIELD or whatever it winds up being called post Siege and being in in charge of National Security and being the man that everyone has to answer to, of course he'll pop up in major arcs to whoop some ass, but for the most part he'll be in the same positions that Tony and Norman have held previously.

I expect that Tony will be more of a field leader than he has been in a long time.

Like I said, those are just my assumptions, I could be way out there when everything finally becomes clear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum