Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

IPOD/ITunes

+3
Matt
Ska
Sandman
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IPOD/ITunes Empty IPOD/ITunes Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:06 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Ok I got a new computer and need to get all my songs OFF my Ipod and onto my new computer. anyone know how to do that? there were two options first was to erase the ipod and sync it with the tune library (Which on this computer is empty. I canceled it and it won't sinc anything

any help?

2IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:48 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Apple has a block on their ipods to prevent them from doing that. There's software you can get that can solve that problem though. I've seen them at Target for 20 bucks. Just look in the computer software section for some 3rd party itunes software, I can't remember what it's called.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

3IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:58 am

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Just look on cnet they have several freeware programs. I've used yamipod in the past it worked well for me

4IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:59 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

If you take a look in your My Computer, you should see your iPod show up. If you can view Hidden Files and Folders, then you should see a folder there that should be called Music or similar (I don't have my iPod hooked up right now to check). You can copy that to the hard drive of your computer, then import the songs into iTunes. On the iPod, the songs are in random order in random folders, and are usually named "JKFL.mp3" or whatever. If you have iTunes manage your folders, then it should rename the files and put them where they should be, if the ID3 tags are good. Like I said, I don't have my iPod hooked up to this computer, so I can't confirm this, but this is what I remember doing when I last changed computers. Hope it helps!

5IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Funny... I just went through this myself.
If what blue halo wrote won't help, download this shareware... http://www.findleydesigns.com/ipodaccess/trialpay/trialpay-ipawin.html

6IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

ok I transfured all the songs over it worked. I just have one other question though I want to orginize stuff on it. In Itunes there is a tab that says Books and movies and stuff like that. but I can not add any Audio books into that tab, anyone know how to do that?

7IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Have you tried adding it to the Audio books folder. I don't have any but when mine added some videos they got their own folder. It could be a similar thing.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

8IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:14 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Sandman wrote:ok I transfured all the songs over it worked. I just have one other question though I want to orginize stuff on it. In Itunes there is a tab that says Books and movies and stuff like that. but I can not add any Audio books into that tab, anyone know how to do that?

Sometimes you have to change the settings of the file to get it to go to the correct tab. It's in the right click, but if I remember, sometimes there are two tabs that need to be changed. Check all the tabs if you don't see it move after you make a change.

9IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:Have you tried adding it to the Audio books folder. I don't have any but when mine added some videos they got their own folder. It could be a similar thing.
yeah when I add videos it does the same thing, but it think it is becasue it is a different format. the audio books are still MP3s

dmahoney wrote:
Sandman wrote:ok I transfured all the songs over it worked. I just have one other question though I want to orginize stuff on it. In Itunes there is a tab that says Books and movies and stuff like that. but I can not add any Audio books into that tab, anyone know how to do that?

Sometimes you have to change the settings of the file to get it to go to the correct tab. It's in the right click, but if I remember, sometimes there are two tabs that need to be changed. Check all the tabs if you don't see it move after you make a change.
I thought I tried everything for it, right & left clicked on everything, clicking & dragging all that. would the fact I am not buying them from the Itunes store have anything to do with it?

10IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:48 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

^ nah, I get all of my audio books from the library, but when I import them to itunes it puts them in as regular music. I highlight all the audiobook tracks, right click, and change the file properties of those tracks so the type is audiobook. That moves them from the music section to the audiobook section.

I'm mobile right now, but I'll try to get a screenshot of it tomorrow

11IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

I have it that the Genre says audio books but that is it It is not in the tab at all

12IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Alright, sorry, I'm back to my laptop now

When you right click and choose Get Info, you want to go to the Options tab and set the Media Kind to Audiobook. Hit OK and that should move it to the Audiobooks tab

13IPOD/ITunes Empty Re: IPOD/ITunes Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:37 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

dmahoney wrote:Alright, sorry, I'm back to my laptop now

When you right click and choose Get Info, you want to go to the Options tab and set the Media Kind to Audiobook. Hit OK and that should move it to the Audiobooks tab

that'll do it! thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum