Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster

+6
ChrisToPhenom
comicgeekelly
jaydee74
Fresh03
MillionDollarGeek
azrael07
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster Empty More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:36 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Source:Prowrestlingscoops.com

After all the speculation about what WWE's new NXT show would be like, we finally have some new concrete information - it's got nothing to do with science fiction or conspiracies.

Entertainment industry publication Variety reveals that WWE NXT will be a reality-based show, similar to Tough Enough and UFC's "The Ultimate Fighter," that will feature eight rookie wrestlers from WWE's developmental system (Florida Championship Wrestling) as they work their way towards a spot on the main WWE roster. Each rookie will be paired up with a veteran WWE superstar as their mentor, "with egos often getting in the way, as they learn the ropes of competing in the ring in front of live audiences, creating characters and speaking on camera."

WWE is teasing the series as a window into how the company truly operates.

"These kids crash and burn a lot," said Vince McMahon. "By putting them into this environment we'll find out if they can make it. There's no better way to develop skills than being in front of an audience. And that makes for good television."

Here's a look at the nine wrestlers who are expected to be part of WWE NXT: Season 1, which debuts next Tuesday night on Syfy:

- Justin Angel (FCW Champion)
- Daniel Bryan (formerly Bryan Danielson)
- Kaval (formerly Low Ki)
- Skip Sheffield
- Joe Hennig (son of Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig)
- Brett Dibiase (son of the Million Dollar man, brother of Ted Jr.)
- Darren Young
- Heath Slater
- Michael Tarver

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was excited to see Bryan Danielson's face, but damnit... they cant use the Final Countdown song. Its even awesome when your in the ROH crowd and you are just chanting that when he walks out. Best. In. The. World!

Also another name that I recognized was David Otunga who used to be on I Love New York and is now married to Jennifer Hudson.

Maybe she'll sing the national antheme at Wrestlemania.

Ok, so what exactly is gonna happen to the ECW belt? Are they gonna retire it or are they going to make it into a hardcore title?

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Low Ki wasn't on the roster pics last night, I don't recall seeing him anyway, interesting, I was hoping to see a Danielson vs. Low Ki match on NXT, that would have blown peoples minds.

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

they may not have shown everybody the full roster on WWE.com.

as far as David Otunga, i didn't see that name.As far as i know, the ECW belt is finished. the only reason Ezekial Jackson won it, is because Vince wants him to have alot of momentum as he'll most likely be shipped to RAW.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So what's going to happen to the wrestlers who were on ECW? Do they go to RAW or Smackdown?

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watch for Danielson and Low Ki.

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i made a mistake earlier, Jackson will be going to Smackdown. As far as everyone else, it just depends. The plan for the most part is to not break up any major partnerships from ECW. Christian may be moving to RAW, but i think it'd b smarter to put him on Smackdown.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:i made a mistake earlier, Jackson will be going to Smackdown. As far as everyone else, it just depends. The plan for the most part is to not break up any major partnerships from ECW. Christian may be moving to RAW, but i think it'd b smarter to put him on Smackdown.
Should be interesting. Did ECW have a big roster to begin with? I didn't watch it all that much.

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No... there were atleast about 12 people there. More or less.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm excited for NXT...I just hope it's more than just a new name-change and roster. Can you say Attitude era? At least for just this show? Nah, me neither but we can dream.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Posted my new column for this week: What I Would Do With NXT
http://nodq.com/columns/268977172.shtml

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So...thoughts? I TiVoed it and I predict an 8/10 from me...or maybe even 9.

13More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster Empty Re: More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was ok for a first episode. I would have loved to see more out of Bryan Danielson and maybe had Jesus Punk preach some more.

We'll see in the next episode.

14More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster Empty Re: More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:29 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Better than I expected. Danielson vs Y2J was sweet.

15More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster Empty Re: More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh. Not bad. I liked the tight short matches. It's a wait and see thing for me.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I'll give the first NXT episode a 8 and a half out of 10. There's a lot of entertaining and new faces. That boxeing wrestler is a new thing for the WWE and Darren Young is going to be hilarious with the Straight Edge Society. I'm going to like Miz's storyline also.

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

To be honest I didn't expect much out of NXT but I got a nice little surprise, the Miz/Danielson story went just about how I expected it to minus the Jericho match which surprised the bejeezus out of me, not sure if Jericho did it on purpose or not but that toss into the ringside announce table was nasty. I loved the little trash talk just prior to the match starting, Jericho certainly seemed to take offense to Bryan's years of boasting that he's the Best in the World. Over all great debut for Bryan, couldn't have asked for too much more.

Jericho cutting his guy off with "I just wanted you to introduce me..." was a great way to start their relationship off.

Punk was a riot, can't wait to see what he does after his guy got pretty much owned by Ortunga, you know those clippers and sermons are on their way.

The tag was pretty solid, most of talent that got to work looked pretty good surprisingly.

Not really sure where I'd rate it, but I can say it was waaaaayyyy better than I gave it credit for and has earned a second episode viewing.

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Am Drag looked great. It was like my wrestling dream come true to see him take on Jericho. I'm looking forward to seeing him punk out the Miz. I will say that it made me a little sad when he said he wish he had been paired with Regal. That would have been great also

I just wish they would do something with Low Ki

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I just wish they would do something with Low Ki

Probably just waiting to use him in NXT season two, although people griping about Danielson not having any charisma are going to be in for a shocker with Low Ki, the guy does intense very very well, but ask the guy to talk and it sounds like a monotone note coming out of sub woofer, lol. TNA actually did about the only thing I've seen effective with his speaking ability during the Kevin Nash invitational where he pretty much just said warrior over and over again.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And what was up between Michael Cole and Josh Mathews?

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

And what was up between Michael Cole and Josh Mathews?

Good question, sounded to me like Cole decided to go all heel announcer on us, cause he bashed the crap out of Danielson, Indy Wrestling, Puro, Lucha, Internet Fans and everything else he could think of.

Personally I thought he took it too far, but he does have a point that the majority of WWE fans aren't going to have any earthly idea who Danielson even if he is a major star pretty much everywhere not in the big two. I know I've been spouting off about him since 2003 and still to this day get a whole lot of blank stares when I say how good he is, obviouly that's going to change in the next couple of months as people become more familiar with him on NXT, but I'm sure there will be tons of people who will say a wrestler like a Miz, Orton, or Cena is more talented due to their WWE accomplishments rather than just pure in ring talent.

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i enjoyed NXT. it's an interesting new idea, and i like what they're doing with it so far.

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

The only good part was the last match.

Very underwhelming show.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I thought Cole was being a huge bitch, he would be an effective heel announcer cause he had me pissed off as soon as he started with his crap about Danielson. I loved CM Punks reaction to his rookie especially when they were at ringside and he was just staring at him like wtf? So far it's ok. Eff Michael Cole!

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

I feel like it was WWE's love letter to all of their smark fans. They did everything they could from to make them happy. From Danielson being the focus of the show. To making fun of Cole, and the CM Punk stuff. It was Internet wrestling community's wet dream of a show.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum