Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Empty New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have been back in the studio working on their new tenth album since October 2009. Their next album should be released sometime in late 2010, according to Chad Smith. Speaking to Clash magazine in October 2009, Smith said that the album could be finished "Some time next year, maybe this time". The band made their live comeback on January 29, 2010, paying tribute to Neil Young with a cover of "A Man Needs a Maid" at MusiCares. Josh Klinghoffer, who toured as a second guitarist with the Peppers on their Stadium Arcadium tour, filled in on guitar for the MusiCares performance. On February 8, 2010, Klinghoffer was confirmed by Chad Smith as a full-time replacement for Frusciante.

New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Red_hot_chili_peppers_foto7

2New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Empty Re: New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I wonder if they'll change their sound without Frusciante. When he left the first time and Dave Navarro came on, they sounded more like Jane's Addiction than RHCP.

3New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Empty Re: New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:58 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I wonder if they'll change their sound without Frusciante. When he left the first time and Dave Navarro came on, they sounded more like Jane's Addiction than RHCP.
I'm interested also-this may be a good year for music. I've been hyping for a new RHCP album so much.

4New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Empty Re: New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'd love for them to get back to their punk/funk roots. I like their recent, more laid back tunes, but the time is right for them to go back to basics.

5New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Empty Re: New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:56 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I'd love for them to get back to their punk/funk roots. I like their recent, more laid back tunes, but the time is right for them to go back to basics.
I hear you-I can't for the first single off this new album.

6New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Empty Re: New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Tue May 11, 2010 12:30 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

The tenth studio album scheduled to be produced by Rick Rubin is underway as Smith says the band have a lot of new material.

"We have a lot of material, probably about 20 songs," he said. "Pre-production will take a few months, but I'd say by July we'll be laying down real tracks."

The follow-up to the band's last release, Stadium Arcadium, will feature new guitarist Josh Klinghoffer as former member John Frusciante departed last year.

"We were sad to see John leave the band but he has to do what he wants and follow his path," said the drummer.

"Josh is a real creative force. He's going to play guitar, he's going to write music, he's going to sing and play keyboards. We're all thrilled to have Josh be a part of the group."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum