Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dark Tower

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Dark Tower Empty The Dark Tower Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:13 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Overall, I've been enjoying these mini's immensely. As someone who loved the DT novels, these have been a nice supplement. Which brings us to the latest release..

DT: Battle of Jericho Hill #4

Farewell Alain, we barely knew ye. Well, we're building up to the fateful battle that truly shaped the rest of Roland's life. We just saw how his first closest friend met his end (heartbreakingly), and with one issue left things aren't look good for 'Bert either.

2The Dark Tower Empty Re: The Dark Tower Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:55 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So these have been new material rather than adaptations of existing material?

3The Dark Tower Empty Re: The Dark Tower Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:22 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:So these have been new material rather than adaptations of existing material?

The first mini was an adaptation of the 4th novel, which depicts the hero's earlier years. All the other mini's have been new material to help flesh out his past (which King never really got into in his series).

4The Dark Tower Empty Re: The Dark Tower Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:03 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:So these have been new material rather than adaptations of existing material?

The first mini was an adaptation of the 4th novel, which depicts the hero's earlier years. All the other mini's have been new material to help flesh out his past (which King never really got into in his series).

yes only things that have been hinted at so far in the books these stories fleash it out more. like how sheemie made it to Giliad, and the fall of giliad, how Rolands mother betrayed his father

5The Dark Tower Empty Re: The Dark Tower Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:21 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Although from this solicit it looks like they're going to be adapting the books, too.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

6The Dark Tower Empty Re: The Dark Tower Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Kinda hoping they adapt the little sisters of Eluria before they get into the tower cycle

7The Dark Tower Empty Re: The Dark Tower Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:02 pm

Jango Fett

Jango Fett
Cadet
Cadet

I just finished The Dark Tower (book seven) today. Wow that series is amazing! I was just wondering who else has read the novels and what you thought of the ending.

I was pretty surprised by it, and after thinking about it a while I really like it.

8The Dark Tower Empty Re: The Dark Tower Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Jango Fett wrote:I just finished The Dark Tower (book seven) today. Wow that series is amazing! I was just wondering who else has read the novels and what you thought of the ending.

I was pretty surprised by it, and after thinking about it a while I really like it.
yes I read it several times and I LOVED the ending! i was shocked about it at first but realized it really could not have ended any other way.

9The Dark Tower Empty Re: The Dark Tower Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:47 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:
Jango Fett wrote:I just finished The Dark Tower (book seven) today. Wow that series is amazing! I was just wondering who else has read the novels and what you thought of the ending.

yes I read it several times and I LOVED the ending! i was shocked about it at first but realized it really could not have ended any other way.

Exactly. It was a beautiful way to bring the series full circle.

10The Dark Tower Empty Re: The Dark Tower Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:10 pm

Jango Fett

Jango Fett
Cadet
Cadet

LordD3r3k wrote:
Sandman wrote:

I agree.

Also, it (being the entire Dark Tower as a whole) is one of the best things I have ever read. I'm now going to go and read any of King's other books that have strong ties to the Dark Tower.

11The Dark Tower Empty Re: The Dark Tower Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jango Fett wrote:I agree.

Also, it (being the entire Dark Tower as a whole) is one of the best things I have ever read. I'm now going to go and read any of King's other books that have strong ties to the Dark Tower.

Yeah, I've read quite a few of his books and it's always cool to find those easter eggs in them

12The Dark Tower Empty Re: The Dark Tower Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:18 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Jango Fett wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:
Sandman wrote:

I agree.

Then read Insomnia, the talisman & Black house first (You *kinda* need to read Talisman before black house to get a better idea of WTF is going on it is but those are by fay the most strongest ties to the tower. if you want to read about Brautagan just watch the movie Hearts in atlantis. if you are interested in Randall Flagg the Stand and the Dragons Eye are good reads.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum