Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask a Married Guy

+8
Joshua
shark6495
CherriesJubilee
BlueMaxx
Silent K
riv1
ChrisToPhenom
The Ignored One
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ask a Married Guy Empty Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:42 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Ask away.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

2Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How can I take you seriously while you're sprinkling crack on your peanut butter sandwich? Laughing

3Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Best way to decide which side of the bed each person gets?

4Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:46 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Protein and crack give you great energy.

5Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

riv1 wrote:Best way to decide which side of the bed each person gets?

That situation is really actually very complicated. Does your partner have sleeping problems, or a medical condition? If so they get priority definitely.

Otherwise it's a discussion. To get the side you want, you may have to give something else up. Maybe a back rub, blanket or pillow preference. Just like a lot of other things in marriage it's compromise, compromise, compromise.

6Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The Ignored One wrote:

That situation is really actually very complicated. Does your partner have sleeping problems, or a medical condition? If so they get priority definitely.

Otherwise it's a discussion. To get the side you want, you may have to give something else up. Maybe a back rub, blanket or pillow preference. Just like a lot of other things in marriage it's compromise, compromise, compromise.

I look at it this way: You choose, honey. If you pick this side, you'll be the farthest from the bathroom, but if you pick the other side, you're closest to the door and any potential attackers.

7Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:03 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Silent K wrote:
The Ignored One wrote:

I look at it this way: You choose, honey. If you pick this side, you'll be the farthest from the bathroom, but if you pick the other side, you're closest to the door and any potential attackers.

lol!

Believe it or not, the safety issue has always been trumped by comfort in my long term relationships. Depends on placement of the bed also.

8Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The Ignored One wrote:
lol!

Believe it or not, the safety issue has always been trumped by comfort in my long term relationships. Depends on placement of the bed also.

I KNOW it's a big determining factor. I'd MUCH rather take the closest to the door side, to be my lady's protector, but I don't want to seem like I'm lying through my teeth so I have an easier path for a middle of the night piss.

9Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:06 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Seems to be the consensus here: http://www.yelp.com/topic/los-angeles-guys-question-regarding-which-side-of-the-bed-you-sleep-on

10Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:27 pm

CherriesJubilee

CherriesJubilee
Pirate
Pirate

I think it changes once you have kids though....before kids he slept closest to the door to 'protect me' (by snoring an attacker away, perhaps?); after kids, I'm by the door so I can get to the kids faster.

Here's one for you though: who gets thermostat control at night? He likes it hot, I want it cold enough to see penguins in the corner. My reasoning is that if he's cold, he can put a shirt or pants on to get warmer....but there's only so much I can take off to get cooler. Thoughts?

11Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

that is how I won the battle with my fiance.... I told her I need the cold to sleep and if shes too cold she can have an extra blanket or cuddle up close..... so i win...

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

12Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I always say make it cooler because you can always throw on another blanket.

13Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 pm

JessJupiter

JessJupiter
Pirate
Pirate

What's the key to a happy long relationship!?

http://www.jessjupiter.webs.com

14Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Usually the person that wants the Thermostat colder wins. It's all about layers. You can put an infinite amount of stuff on, but there is only so much you can take off.

15Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JessJupiter wrote:What's the key to a happy long relationship!?
Good oral sex.

16Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Compromise. You have to be willing to bend on certain things.

Honesty. If you cant be honest with the person, you're already set up for failure.

Interests really don't have to be very similar, but there has to be some kind of chemistry. My wife hates comics, horror movies, and cartoons. This is all the crap I like, and we've been together for 9 years in March.

17Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:25 am

JessJupiter

JessJupiter
Pirate
Pirate

Joshua wrote:
Good oral sex.
Well shit. We're gonna love each other forever then! :P

The Ignored One wrote:

Honesty. If you cant be honest with the person, you're already set up for failure.

Interests really don't have to be very similar, but there has to be some kind of chemistry. My wife hates comics, horror movies, and cartoons. This is all the crap I like, and we've been together for 9 years in March.

Very Happy I love you

http://www.jessjupiter.webs.com

18Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:51 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

CherriesJubilee wrote:
Here's one for you though: who gets thermostat control at night? He likes it hot, I want it cold enough to see penguins in the corner. My reasoning is that if he's cold, he can put a shirt or pants on to get warmer....but there's only so much I can take off to get cooler. Thoughts?

As a fat, sweaty dude living in Florida, I totally subscribe to this logic. Keep it cold...and if it gets too cold, throw on more blankets. Hate waking up in a cold sweat.

19Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:46 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Ignored One wrote:Usually the person that wants the Thermostat colder wins. It's all about layers. You can put an infinite amount of stuff on, but there is only so much you can take off.

This. A thousand times this. I run into this argument with the Mrs. every winter. She goes to bed, I crank the thermostat down. I'd much rather be under blankets the whole time than pay out the ass for heat. Then again, I can never get out of bed early in the winter, mainly because it's at least 10 degrees colder in the bedroom than the rest of the place.

http://www.demonweasel.com

20Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:09 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Ignored One wrote:

There's compromise in marriage?!?

21Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Joshua wrote:I always say make it cooler because you can always throw on another blanket.

And spooning under the blankets will usually lead to sex. Wink

22Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:
Joshua wrote:I always say make it cooler because you can always throw on another blanket.

Or at least the opportunity to see a hilariously disgusted look on her face when you blast one in bed and she has to decide between facing arctic chills for a gasp of fresh air or staying warm and toasty but having to suffer through your toxic ass fumes.

23Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Tom wrote:

Or at least the opportunity to see a hilariously disgusted look on her face when you blast one in bed and she has to decide between facing arctic chills for a gasp of fresh air or staying warm and toasty but having to suffer through your toxic ass fumes.

Laughing

I did get my wife with one of those. Every time one of us shifted, a little more of the fumes escaped and gagged both of us. It was so horrible, you could smell that foul stench the following morning. I've never been so proud of myself. Laughing

24Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:56 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

If I even threaten a dutch oven I get kicked under the covers.

25Ask a Married Guy Empty Re: Ask a Married Guy Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

The Ignored One wrote:

Amen to all three. My wife's not the biggest fan of comics and such, but she doesn't mock my hobbies. She loved the Iron Man movie, though. Our interests overlap more often than not, so there's little conflict in that respect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum