Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Y: the Last Man

+4
Spaced4SimonPegg
LordD3r3k
Joshua
BlueMaxx
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Y: the Last Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Y: the Last Man Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:12 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

flux336 wrote: I think Vaughn was closing Yorick's personal circle here. When we met Yorick he was in a straitjacket, working on perfecting his escape. At the end of his life, he's perfected the escape and disappeared entirely. The essential part of a person never fades, the stuff that makes us who we are never leaves us. That straitjacket was part of Yorick and who he was. All he had left was himself.

Exactly. The character and story were coming full circle.

27Y: the Last Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Y: the Last Man Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:16 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

flux336 wrote:
As for the name, Vaughn was being deeply and dare I say, painfully ironic. This woman is almost a perfect copy of Beth I, right down to her name. But she isn't the one for Yorick. She's a Beth, but not the Beth.
Then in a deeper twist, Beth I isn't even the perfect person for Yorick! Instead it's a woman who is the complete opposite of what Yorick has been chasing after. But 355 and Yorick had to go on that journey together and see it through to the end.
Wonderfully put. I, for some reason, didn't really look at the journey with 355 and Yorick as an evolution of their relationship to find each other. I just took it as they were oblivious from the start, or just Yorick, towards each other's connection. The seeking for the one isn't this simple little love-at-first-sight schtick. It has to grow. And, eventually--here comes the cheesiness Wink--bloom.

28Y: the Last Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Y: the Last Man Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 am

Goose

Goose
Cadet
Cadet

I thought he had a platonic-type relationship with Beth II because they had a kid together.

29Y: the Last Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Y: the Last Man Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:32 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I thought that, too. They seemed like good friends and then old friends.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum