Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

MASSIVE AWESOME!!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MASSIVE AWESOME!!! Empty MASSIVE AWESOME!!! Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:17 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Massive Awesome #001
Publisher 215 Ink.
Writer: Stephen Lindsay
Art: Rolf Lejdegard
HWXS' Independant book of the week.

Stephen Lindsay has done it again. The creator of Jesus Hates Zombies and Abe Lincoln Hates Werewolves proves his genius again; and made something that lives up to its title. Massive Awesome is exactly that. As a bonus we are also treated to a one-shot of Jesus Hates Zombies in the back of this book. The story is interesting, the dialogue is snarky and fun, and the art is amazing considering the subject matter. If you need an example, then I could summarize this review in 5 words: Bacon, Pickle, Ninja, Battle-Mech, and Zombie. However, something as massively awesome as MASSIVE AWESOME does deserve a little bit more.

The story opens inside a prison, filled to the brim with felons, one of the most concerning is a pickle that thinks he is a zombie. Sot the action starts as a jailbreak commences and we are introduce to the feature protagonist, BACON!!! This piece of fat laden, porky goodness has more skills than the entire cast of Napoleon Dynamite.

Even though the jailbreak was successful, the powers that be (you know the MAN, the government), force our duo into retirement. The quiet life of retirement doesn’t last long, even after our slice of hog hero gets dumped by his girlfriend, Bacon and his moderately mentally challenged side kick Pickle, get an opportunity to whoop some midget ninja ass.

Pintsize bad guys thrashed, the fight moves out side, where Bacon battles their leader in a huge mech-suit. Sadly he doesn’t last long, getting off two shots before falling in defeat to the razor sharp wit and fighting skills of Bacon. This big bad does leave behind a clue that Pickle discovers, and send the duo to Scotland.

The action in this book is mostly non-stop. The panels flow nicely and the art is unexpected, and excellent, rivaling that of classics like Ninja Scroll. Reading this story was almost like playing fun platform game with the Boss Battle at the end, then an opening for the next level. Then as an added bonus we get some good old Jesus and Lazarus team up.

Jesus Hates Zombies is already an awesome title on its own, getting the cursing Christ-man in here to defeat the Corpse Demon was just fun to read. JC does need to pick up a new wing-man though; the zombie Laz is just killing his game.

MASSIVE AWESOME is easily the book of the week for me.

5 out of 5 cases of coronary heart disease!

2MASSIVE AWESOME!!! Empty Re: MASSIVE AWESOME!!! Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:53 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I've been trying to think of something to say after reading MASSIVE AWESOME!!!

WOW, this book was equal parts bizaar, hilarious, and awesome.

I knew this book was going to be hilarious when I saw Stephen Lindsay was writing it, but man he takes his game to a whole new level on this one. You've got a one liner spewing piece of bacon, a zombie pickle, ninjas coming out of the wood work, and a giant mech (made in Scottland no less). If it sounds over the top, it is, but in a good way, there's nothing serious in this book, well, the art is seriously awesome, but other than that it's just a fun ride that will make you laugh out loud.

The art by Lejdegard is phenominal and fit the tone of the story perfectly, the over exagerated facials, the blindingly fast action, the zobie pickle, everything was just rendered beautifully.

HXS covered this book far better in his review than I'm going to in mine, but if you can find this little gem at your LCS, pick it up, you won't be sorry.

3MASSIVE AWESOME!!! Empty Re: MASSIVE AWESOME!!! Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:33 pm

215 Ink

215 Ink
Cadet
Cadet

Hey Guys, thanks for the great reviews, we really appreciate it! If your local comic shop does not carry Massive Awesome, they can order direct from us, and of course you can get your copy direct from www.215ink.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum