Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eminem - Recovery

+2
prescribeddrone
ChrisToPhenom
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eminem - Recovery Empty Eminem - Recovery Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:25 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm excited for another Eminem album. Did you see him at the last Grammys? I've never seen him that confident murdering Drake and Lil Wayne at the same time with his verses. I enjoyed Relapse: Refill and I can't wait for this to happen.

News-

Relapse 2 is the upcoming seventh studio album by Eminem. It was confirmed during a press release by Eminem's label on March 5, 2009 and was originally slated to be the second Eminem album released in 2009, after Relapse, but was pushed back to 2010.

The album, voted the most anticipated album of fall 2009 by XXL magazine, was announced on March 5, 2009 by Interscope Records when they announced the release date of Relapse and also revealed that a follow-up album, Relapse 2, would be released sometime in the second half of the year. In a press release, Eminem explained that he and Dr. Dre had recorded a considerable amount of music and thus, "Putting out Relapse 2 will let everyone get all of the best stuff." According to Angela Yee's Shade 45 interview with Eminem on April 23, 2009, Relapse 2 will be a continuation of Relapse. During the interview Eminem also confirmed "It's extremely close to being finished, it just depends on how many songs I want to put on it." On June 25, 2009 Eminem called into Shade 45 and said he was in the studio finishing up Relapse 2 and expected a release during the fourth quarter of 2009, with Rolling Stone magazine slating the album for a November 2009 release date, but in November of 2009, he stated that he would re-release Relapse, with extra songs, to hold fans over for the release of Relapse 2 in 2010.

In another Shade 45 interview, Eminem explained that the album was more "emotionally driven" than the first Relapse record, which was, as he explains "just rap records".

Wiki-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relapse_2

Cover-

Eminem - Recovery Recoveryleak

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Sat May 01, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Sat May 01, 2010 2:06 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The album is now renamed to Recovery.

Here's the first single, "Not Afraid"-

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Tue May 04, 2010 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

3Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Sat May 01, 2010 3:28 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting. I hope he raps more and sings less during the choruses.

4Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Sat May 01, 2010 3:31 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Interesting. I hope he raps more and sings less during the choruses.

Hahaha-I hear you but you know when Em gets into it, he gets into it. I love the album title's name change.

5Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Sun May 02, 2010 12:38 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I like him a lot and all but each time I hear a sick verse go into this emotional singing part... 8 out of 10 times i just think "this doesn't work that well in rap". it sorta kills the flow, you know?

6Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Tue May 04, 2010 2:26 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Yeah, I like him a lot and all but each time I hear a sick verse go into this emotional singing part... 8 out of 10 times i just think "this doesn't work that well in rap". it sorta kills the flow, you know?

I hear you...but it seems a lot has changed from the old Eminem we knew. Slim Shady may never come back and I like this growth. He doesn't need the controversy he had before and I think Recovery's songs will be very much felt.

News-

Eminem tells of how he has tried to overcome the troubles in his life from the past few years, mainly his drug addiction and rehabilitation. He also notes that he will no longer use the accent in the future right after saying how his last album, Relapse, wasn't as good compared to his previous albums. He promises he will never leave again and now only has his daughters and his music to focus on.

7Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Tue May 04, 2010 2:33 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No accent is good.

8Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:44 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Won't Back Down ft. Pink-

9Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:52 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

OMG! I love it! "Like a zombie with parkinsons"

when is the exact date the cd comesout?

10Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:21 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It leaked and besides the sucky guest appearances, it's pretty good. I really like "On Fire".

11Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:14 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:It leaked and besides the sucky guest appearances, it's pretty good. I really like "On Fire".

Agreed. "On Fire" reminds of his The Marshall Mathers LP. I'll be reviewing Recovery after Drake's Thank Me Later this month. All I can say is both are worth buying a disc copy of. Drake actually surprised me-he's no longer that curly haired Jimmy Brooks from Degrassi. I'll see you all next time-college summer class.

12Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:35 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I'm lookin' forward to your review on Recovery. Only two songs I really find appealing on Recovery is Won't Back Down and Not Afraid. Although, Relapse appeals a little more to me cause of all the craziness from that album.

13Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

lot better than his last two sorry albums. Love the Way You Lie is the best song off the record and has been getting the most radio time. Not Afraid was alright but its still new and already Im tired of it. Download Love the Way You Lie and forget the rest.

14Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:39 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I Love the Way You Lie's Music Video-

P.S.: Recovery's review is on it's way. = CTP

15Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not really a fan of rap. I like some, but not a ton. That said, I love Eminem. I have by no means heard all of his stuff, but I've loved everything I've heard. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Love the Way You Lie. My brother brought over Recovery and I've listened to some of it and I really like it.

prescribeddrone wrote:Yeah, I like him a lot and all but each time I hear a sick verse go into this emotional singing part... 8 out of 10 times i just think "this doesn't work that well in rap". it sorta kills the flow, you know?

See, that's one of the things I like most about Eminem.

16Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I personally just hate when rappers try to sing most of time I don't like it that much, but on rare occasions it could work.

17Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:44 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I get why people might not like that. But, since I'm not a huge rap fan, having part of the song actually sung is a plus for me.

18Eminem - Recovery Empty Re: Eminem - Recovery Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:17 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I prefer rock music but I guess when I listen to rap... I want rapping Laughing

My favorite Eminem albums are Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP which had less of that style or cooler singing (to me at least) topics. I guess Very Happy

I'll admit, I don't like Rihanna AT ALL but I actually liked their song together. I like the beat and how they have their parts.

Two of my ALL TIME favorite Eminem songs-

yes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum