Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drake

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Drake Empty Drake Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:41 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would've never known Jimmy from Degrassi could rap. I kept hearing all of this "Drake" talk and all and digged "Best I Ever Had" and "Successful". But I finally see footage of this guy and I'm like, "Jimmy?!"

I've heard a lot of his mix songs and think it's safe to say Drake's definitely pure hope for hip-hop next to Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi, Wale, Asher Roth ("I Love College" also but your debut? Eh...) and B.o.b. Even though Rock has took #1 place from the genre I grew up on, I'll always love good hip-hop when I hear it. I just hope Lil Wayne doesn't make him into anything he's not...

News-

Thank Me Later is the debut, full-length studio album to be released by Canadian rapper Drake. The album is slated to be released in May 2010 on Young Money, under a joint-venture with Cash Money and distribution by Interscope.

In an interview with Complex.com, Drake stated that this album will be "a solid hip hop album" different from his mixtape So Far Gone, whose musical style has been compared to that of Kanye West's album 808s & Heartbreak. Drake has also stated a desire to work with Kanye West, André 3000, Jay-Z, Kid Cudi, Kings of Leon, Sade and Eminem on the album.

On May 28, 2009, independent label Canadian Money Entertainment sold an unauthorized Drake album, The Girls Love Drake, on iTunes, Rhapsody.com, Shockhound, and Amazon.com. Drake's management sent a cease and desist order to iTunes, which promptly removed the album from sale on June 5. Drake plans to sue Canadian Money.

Drake resumed work on the album in October 2009 following an onstage injury from a July 2009 concert. Hip hop producer Omen told Billboard magazine that a video for "Shut It Down" would be directed by Hype Williams. However, Drake stated in an interview that "Shut It Down" would be a single but not the first one. The first single was confirmed by producer Boi-1da being titled "Over". The single was released on Drake's blog on March 4, 2010. Besides his Toronto-based producer team, Drake also collaborated with aspiring European producer Crada, who already worked on Kid Cudi's debut album Man on the Moon: The End of Day.

In early November 2009, Lil Wayne officially released a statement explaining that Thank Me Later had been completed. Although this statement was made, at the Grammy's, Drake said that he is still working on the album. MTV News reported in December that Drake plans the album to be released by March 2010. However, Rap-Up revealed that the album will be released sometime in spring. Rolling Stone revealed a potential May release.

Drake has stated that Nas and André 3000 have been an inspiration to him and have influenced some of the work on Thank Me Later. "Nas was somebody that I used to listen to his raps and never understood how he did it. I always wanted to understand how he painted those pictures and his bar structure. I went back and really studied Nas and André 3000 and then came back with this album." Drake said at the Sprite Step Off show in Atlanta. When asked how the album would sound in comparison to his last mixtape, So Far Gone, "It's gonna be bigger, it's gonna sound happier," he said. "More victorious, 'cause that's where I'm at in my life."

Cover?-

Drake Drake-thank-me-later-cover

Drake Jimmy-brooks-drake-450a052909

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum