Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay.

+11
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
deadbolt85
Combo Mo
superdoug
Joshua
ChrisToPhenom
Heytherejeffro
Hannibal king
Bigtymin504
Denim
BlueMaxx
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:14 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Color me shocked. Rolling Eyes

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/reliable-source/2010/03/ricky_martin_says_he_is_a_very.html

2Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:15 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was like when Rob Halford came out of the closet, kind of like, well, yeah, we know.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

3Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:16 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked

4Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:57 am

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Bigtymin504 wrote:Shocked

I know right. Laughing

5Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:59 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I find it offensive that, in hindsight, "la vida loca" meant "gay". Naughty Ricky Martin!

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

6Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:02 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

First of all, who the f-ck cares? Adam Lambert on Rolling Stone, "I'm gay". No kidding. Him kissing one of the girls on stage at the AMAs was more shocking than that announcement. I knew he was fruity from when I was a kid but never pressed on it. Why the hell do a lot of celebrities announce things like this and seeing Ricky's career is kind of down the drain now, it's pure attention.

7Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:First of all, who the f-ck cares? Adam Lambert on Rolling Stone, "I'm gay". No kidding. Him kissing one of the girls on stage at the AMAs was more shocking than that announcement. I knew he was fruity from when I was a kid but never pressed on it. Why the hell do a lot of celebrities announce things like this and seeing Ricky's career is kind of down the drain now, it's pure attention.
Or, perhaps, to help people in the same situation feel more accepted, less alone, and free not to be ashamed of who they are.

8Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:First of all, who the f-ck cares? Adam Lambert on Rolling Stone, "I'm gay". No kidding. Him kissing one of the girls on stage at the AMAs was more shocking than that announcement. I knew he was fruity from when I was a kid but never pressed on it. Why the hell do a lot of celebrities announce things like this and seeing Ricky's career is kind of down the drain now, it's pure attention.
Rolling Eyes

9Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I actually fucking care. Yeah, I knew that Martin was gay fifteen years ago (longer, if you count his time in Menudo), but it's important to HIM that he come out now. Whatever his reasons for waiting this long, I refuse to knock him around for doing so and you should be a little ashamed of yourself for doing it. Coming out is a hugely personal issue, particularly for Latino and African-American men, where the stigma of homosexuality in those cultures can come with some really dangerous and harmful repercussions.

I wish he'd had the courage to do it during the height of his popularity; I think that young gays and lesbians need all the visible role models they can get. But I'm not going to knock him for finally working up the courage to admit it. Just like I didn't think less of Clay Aiken for coming out when he did. Should he have done it sooner? Maybe. But obviously the timing wasn't right for him before.

I'm disappointed in you. You do READ my 'Ask a Gay Guy' section, yes? Where I've addressed the issue of coming out on more than a couple of occasions?

Heytherejeffro wrote:Or, perhaps, to help people in the same situation feel more accepted, less alone, and free not to be ashamed of who they are.

THIS.

10Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:15 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wait, Doug's gay?

11Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:Wait, Doug's gay?
I always assumed he just meant he was really happy.
Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. The_more_you_know2

12Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:24 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Or, perhaps, to help people in the same situation feel more accepted, less alone, and free not to be ashamed of who they are.

Joshua wrote:
Rolling Eyes

superdoug wrote:

I actually fucking care. Yeah, I knew that Martin was gay fifteen years ago (longer, if you count his time in Menudo), but it's important to HIM that he come out now. Whatever his reasons for waiting this long, I refuse to knock him around for doing so and you should be a little ashamed of yourself for doing it. Coming out is a hugely personal issue, particularly for Latino and African-American men, where the stigma of homosexuality in those cultures can come with some really dangerous and harmful repercussions.

I wish he'd had the courage to do it during the height of his popularity; I think that young gays and lesbians need all the visible role models they can get. But I'm not going to knock him for finally working up the courage to admit it. Just like I didn't think less of Clay Aiken for coming out when he did. Should he have done it sooner? Maybe. But obviously the timing wasn't right for him before.

I'm disappointed in you. You do READ my 'Ask a Gay Guy' section, yes? Where I've addressed the issue of coming out on more than a couple of occasions?

Heytherejeffro wrote:Or, perhaps, to help people in the same situation feel more accepted, less alone, and free not to be ashamed of who they are.

THIS.

Damn, I tried to backpedal before Doug dropped in. It's kind of like a think before you speak thing I've going on-

Well, I read the post he wrote on his site and I guess I'll have to backpedal. I guess a straight man like myself is just starting to understand how this lifestyle works. I have however heard stories like this that were for attention and won't excuse them so it's hard to know between the two reasons. I just logged on Yahoo! and saw the headline, "Ricky Martin Comes Out"

I'm in no form against the lifestyle though I have my honest opinions but I'm forgetting what I mentioned my thread about our years towards 2020-announcing that you're gay is going to be as much as announcing you're straight. I guess until this happens, it won't sound like wanting attention. So forgive me for my drastic post in this thread, I'm young-I can say some stupid things that people would think bad of me of which isn't true. If I had read the letter first then I wouldn't have started this so, yeah-jokes on me, I guess.

13Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:26 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chris, your first post was so gay.

14Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:33 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Exactly.

Tomorrow's breaking news: Willie Nelson smokes pot.

15Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:44 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know what? You're probably right. So, on behalf of Ricky Martin, I would like to say this: Sorry a man who's struggled with his sexuality has finally come to grips with it after his career expired. Sorry he was advised by others to stay in the closet until now. Sorry he felt the need to share it with his fans, many of whom are young gay men who might come away with some kind of a role model.

Rolling Eyes

P.S. I think I'm done in this thread. Say whatever the fuck you want about him.

16Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:52 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There's drama in the gay thread.
Odd...
Very Happy

17Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:57 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:Chris, your first post was so gay.
Yeah, it was. But honestly, I just woke up, logged on Yahoo!, saw the headline, thought of all the attention-getter stories I've heard before and went nuts.

If Ricky wants to influence others in the same situation where they can't come out the closet, good for him. Look, I've peeked in Doug's thread a few times and saw fun, jokes and games but if there's something there for me to learn and know about this, I'll take it.

ComboMo wrote:

Exactly.

Tomorrow's breaking news: Willie Nelson smokes pot.
Though I came back correct above-there's no denying there's a lot of desperate calls for attention.

superdoug wrote:You know what? You're probably right. So, on behalf of Ricky Martin, I would like to say this: Sorry a man who's struggled with his sexuality has finally come to grips with it after his career expired. Sorry he was advised by others to stay in the closet until now. Sorry he felt the need to share it with his fans, many of whom are young gay men who might come away with some kind of a role model.

Rolling Eyes

P.S. I think I'm done in this thread. Say whatever the fuck you want about him.
Well, I already apologized and wiped the fog off the mirror-don't know if you read it or whatever. People are going think he's sincere and others will think he want attention, neither is wrong because we don't know for sure. I'm going to go with him being sincere because I like to go with the positive.

So, I'm through with this thread also-I made a stupid mistake and recovered from it. I'll leave it at that.

18Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:02 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. 1126742231125

19Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Ricky-Martin-beach-boy

^You mean to tell me that wasn't just two blokes working out on the beach? scratch

20Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Scatch Ball!

21Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:25 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

that what it's called? I've always seen those things in stroes and didn't know what they were called, or how to play. I think I owned a set at one point.

22Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:28 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Oh and, GASP! Ricky Martin's gay?! (sarcasm)

23Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. 12696710

As for my reaction to this news:"That's nice. Why should I care?" This doesn't really surprise me and I'm not a fan of his music and he never crosses my mind until someone mentions him so, meh. Sleep

24Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:26 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We should have a thread about dinosaurs. I hereby declare this a thread about dinosaurs.

Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. 12699810

Laughing

25Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Empty Re: Ricky Martin Admits He's Gay. Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:53 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DiNOsaursssssssssss!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum