Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide!

+10
Heytherejeffro
(._Y_.)
jaydee74
ChrisToPhenom
Rath99
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Denim
prescribeddrone
azrael07
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:39 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Chris Klucsaritis, who competed as Chris Kanyon, was found dead Friday night at his apartment in the Sunnyside section of Queens, New York. He was 40 years old.

Klucsaritis' death is believed to be suicide as a longtime friend reports that a pill bottle and several notes were found close to his body.

He had been vocal about suffering from a bipolar disorder and had threatened suicide many times in the past according to those close with him. He told one friend as recently as Monday that he was going through another bout of depression and contemplating suicide.

Kanyon also worked as a masked character named Mortis in World Championship Wrestling and had a run with World Wrestling Entertainment beginning in 2001 which resulted in reigns with the WCW United States Championship and WWF Tag Team Championship. He garnered headlines following his 2004 departure from WWE by going public with his homosexuality and claiming WWE fired him for being gay.

He, along with Scott Levy and Michael Sanders, attempted to sue WWE for "cheating them out of health care and other benefits" but a federal judge in Stamford, Connecticut dismissed the case

-- According to a friend, he had once again been suffering from a bout of depression. On Monday of this past week, he had again talked about taking his own life. As sad as this sounds, it was not out of the ordinary to hear him talk about suicide.

-- He was just 40 years old.

2Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:17 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn, that's fucked up.

RIP.

3Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Big time sucks

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

4Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:28 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another wrestler dies too young. RIP Kanyon

5Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:19 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm sorry but...

Spoiler:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

6Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:46 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

krpykrwly wrote:I'm sorry but...

Spoiler:

Laughing i know, i was thinking the same thing.

7Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:02 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. I've worked in that area

RIP

8Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:34 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That spoler box wont open for me, what up with that?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

9Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:21 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:That spoler box wont open for me, what up with that?

Try now. There was a glitch in the matrix and Tomer fixed it.

10Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:45 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn...I hate how deaths end like this. R.I.P.

11Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:
krpykrwly wrote:I'm sorry but...

Spoiler:

Laughing i know, i was thinking the same thing.
As bad as this sounds, so was I. Still, it's sad.

12Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:58 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Damn...I hate how deaths end like this. R.I.P.

What does that even mean?

13Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:That spoler box wont open for me, what up with that?
It's dead.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

14Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:31 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:Damn...I hate how deaths end like this. R.I.P.

What does that even mean?

I thought all deaths ended in the same way... with someone dying.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

15Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:34 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay...after looking this guy up...I actually met him while I was working for IHOP in Austin. He came in with a couple of other wrestlers (although they denied it the entire time -- which is S.O.P. for wrestlers caught in everyday life) and they were really a bunch of nice guys. I remember thinking that he seemed the most flirty of the group, but I didn't really think he was gay; just one of those guys who knew how to work a server (you know what I mean).

It's sad that he ran out of options for his depression, and I hope that the wrestling community will honor him in some fashion, despite the lawsuit he brought. And I hope that this will prompt other closeted wrestlers to admit some things about themselves privately and publicly before they get to this point.

R.I.P., sir.

16Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I remember watching him on WCW when I was wee, even doing his "flatliner" move on my friends when we used to have fake wrestling matches. I hadn't seen him since the old WCW days so I had no idea he was gay until I read about his death. Another wrestler gone at too young an age, very sad news.

17Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:47 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

r. i. p.

18Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Empty Re: Chris Kanyon Commits Suicide! Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:13 am

Scarie187

Scarie187
Cadet
Cadet

Who better than Kanyon?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum