Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

We Are The X-Men

+18
rwe1138
elijahdprophet
Jango Fett
Thundermatts
Heytherejeffro
Fresh03
Administrator
shark6495
Ric Magnum
Batman25JM
jaydee74
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Nymn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
vikoros
prescribeddrone
Mnemosis
Bigtymin504
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1We Are The X-Men Empty We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:07 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We Are The X-Men Meet-the-new-x-men-2010040909313487

huh

2We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:12 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

::shrugs::

Maybe Second Coming isn't about making there be more mutants, but instead about mutants just being accepted somehow, and the X-Men in turn JUST becoming a super team?

GOD I hope not!

3We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:14 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is that fake?

4We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No its real apparently. Laughing

linkage: http://comics.ign.com/articles/108/1082750p1.html

5We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:23 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow.

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. Perplexed yet suspicious of capitalist intent.

Not to mention that I'm trying to cut down on books here! My storage space for comics isn't too big Sad

6We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:26 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I'm gonna bet that Spidey won't actually be on the team... at least not long term. Maybe just for a story-arc. I definitely don't like the idea of him joining. I like my X-Men with X-genes... and my Spider-Man safely swinging solo (especially since he's already on one other team... that's a lot of team-playing for a perpetual loner).

7We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

vikoros wrote:I'm gonna bet that Spidey won't actually be on the team... at least not long term. Maybe just for a story-arc. I definitely don't like the idea of him joining. I like my X-Men with X-genes... and my Spider-Man safely swinging solo (especially since he's already on one other team... that's a lot of team-playing for a perpetual loner).

I'm hoping this just means the X-Men will be much more integrated into the greater Marvel U after Second Coming and not that Spidey will be an actual member. Other than a couple instances, they've been pretty secluded since Messiah CompleX, and arguably since House of M.

Also, it could just be Deadpool in his stolen Spidey costume.

8We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Here's the flaw in the "I like my X-Men with X-Genes" argument. For the longest time, the X-Men's goal was integration of mutants and humans. And how did they work towards this goal? By running a school that exclusively taught mutants and trained them in paramilitary techniques. There IS a certain logic behind non mutants being allowed both in the school and on the team. I just don't know that Spider-Man is the right person for the job.

9We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We Are The X-Men 7455new_storyimage8612670_full

^Just an old April Fool's joke I stumbled across. tongue
http://marvel.com/news/all.7455.marvel~dot~com_april_fool~apos~s~colon~_10_years_after

10We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:51 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I actually would like to see that design in color. It's pretty interesting.

11We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

No. No you wouldn't.

12We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:17 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:There IS a certain logic behind non mutants being allowed both in the school and on the team. I just don't know that Spider-Man is the right person for the job.

They did allow non-mutant students at the school before and after M-day. They also have members that are not X-gene carriers and have given membership to them. They did give spidey honorary membership back in the cartoon days...but that is a cartoon.

13We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:38 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Juggernaut was a member and he's not a mutant, so they're not totally exclusive. I know who's in that costume, Ben Reilly! He'd be a kind of mutant, since he was born with his powers and all.

14We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:45 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
vikoros wrote:I'm gonna bet that Spidey won't actually be on the team... at least not long term. Maybe just for a story-arc. I definitely don't like the idea of him joining. I like my X-Men with X-genes... and my Spider-Man safely swinging solo (especially since he's already on one other team... that's a lot of team-playing for a perpetual loner).

I'm hoping this just means the X-Men will be much more integrated into the greater Marvel U after Second Coming and not that Spidey will be an actual member. Other than a couple instances, they've been pretty secluded since Messiah CompleX, and arguably since House of M.

I'm with you thinking that they may be integrating the X-men more into the Marvel U. At the same time though, I wonder how this will play into the whole MRD and essentially government anti-mutant sentiment and laws. Then again, this could be the mainstream and non-X-men heroes doing their part to help the X-men and mutants. In other words, the superheroes, in some ways, playing social crusaders. This may lead to mainstream and non-X-men heroes actually fighting the MRD or the sentinels or pitting them against Bastion and hos forces. This may certainly be enough to push Bastion back into hiding or operating more in the shadows. I can forsee a strong blow to his machinations taking place reducing his overall hold on power.

And rocking avatar, Bigtymin. I almost used that for a second. It's very cool. Wink

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:There IS a certain logic behind non mutants being allowed both in the school and on the team. I just don't know that Spider-Man is the right person for the job.

They did allow non-mutant students at the school before and after M-day. They also have members that are not X-gene carriers and have given membership to them. They did give spidey honorary membership back in the cartoon days...but that is a cartoon.

I've always wondered why this was never a more central theme and more concerted efforts were not made. I know that this was even brought up in one Avengers/X-men crossover. I feel that having members like Beast and so forth join the Avengers was something that should have been mentioned and noted more in X-men. In short, I felt that the world of mutants is treated far too seperately from the rest of the superhero world to make any real sense. This and this promo seems to harken to what Reed Richards said when Cyclops blinded the satellites when they were trying to get Kitty from the bullet. Essentially he told the X-men to come out from the shadows. I think this may be part of that. That would be a wonderful progression, but I wonder if Marvel would really do this. That said, I'm suddenly smacked in the face by the thought of bendis writing the X-men and part of me wonders if I should be afraid or not. Bendis is one writer who can load a page with more text than I can, which says a lot. neutral

15We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know. I almost think Spider-Man makes a better fit in an X-Team than he does on the Avengers but does he really need to be on both teams if that is indeed the case? I never really liked heroes on multiple teams. I get it from a sales perspective in that you want your big selling guys all over the place but from a story point of view, it never sat well with me. Oh well.

16We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

I'm with you thinking that they may be integrating the X-men more into the Marvel U. At the same time though, I wonder how this will play into the whole MRD and essentially government anti-mutant sentiment and laws. Then again, this could be the mainstream and non-X-men heroes doing their part to help the X-men and mutants. In other words, the superheroes, in some ways, playing social crusaders. This may lead to mainstream and non-X-men heroes actually fighting the MRD or the sentinels or pitting them against Bastion and hos forces. This may certainly be enough to push Bastion back into hiding or operating more in the shadows. I can forsee a strong blow to his machinations taking place reducing his overall hold on power.

And rocking avatar, Bigtymin. I almost used that for a second. It's very cool. Wink

Agreed.

And thanks! Yours is even awesomer than mine. Laughing When it comes to avatars, you're James Cameron. Wink

17We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I like to think of him as Michael Jackson when it comes to avatars. Like Jackson's face, his avatars never stay the same for long. Wink

18We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Ha! Good point.

19We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:26 am

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. As soon as I saw that cover on IGN, I thought, "Guess Marvel has run out of ideas for the X-Men and Spider-Man so they are going to retell the Mutant Agenda storyline from the Spider-Man cartoon and claim Spidey is a mutant." Laughing

20We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:And rocking avatar, Bigtymin. I almost used that for a second. It's very cool. Wink

Agreed.

And thanks! Yours is even awesomer than mine. Laughing When it comes to avatars, you're James Cameron. Wink

Laughing Thanks.

Batman25JM wrote:^I like to think of him as Michael Jackson when it comes to avatars. Like Jackson's face, his avatars never stay the same for long. Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ric Magnum wrote:
hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. As soon as I saw that cover on IGN, I thought, "Guess Marvel has run out of ideas for the X-Men and Spider-Man so they are going to retell the Mutant Agenda storyline from the Spider-Man cartoon and claim Spidey is a mutant." Laughing

I honestly would not put it past them. This could easily be some alternate universe thing. Possibly (and hopefully) a continuity where the X-men are the only real super-powered people. People have always commented on how the X-men universe would make more sense if there weren't other superheroes or if there were a select few (the fantastic four, Captain America, Hawkeye, and Iron Man). Maybe this is their stab at that idea. I am reminded of the whole "death of Wolverine" thing that floated about when it turned out to be Ultimate Wolverine as opposed to 616 Wolvie, so who knows.

21We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We Are The X-Men 1271088350

scratch

22We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:We Are The X-Men 1271088350

scratch

What in blue blazes? Dammit Marvel...huh

Can I start raging now? unsure

23We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:52 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well maybe they are trying to jump on the idea that X-men Forever doesnt suck.... so who knows. Anyone else notice the old school beast in the bottom left corner?

and why does magnetto look like hes wearing a giant purple diaper, and his upper body looks like he was bench pressing small buses...

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

24We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:well maybe they are trying to jump on the idea that X-men Forever doesnt suck.... so who knows. Anyone else notice the old school beast in the bottom left corner?

huh I honestly have no idea what's going on in X-men forever. All I know is Remy Picard; Wolverine is dead, and Storm is a loli. And Kurt is human. I let myself be biased against it. Laughing

shark6495 wrote:
and why does magnetto look like hes wearing a giant purple diaper, and his upper body looks like he was bench pressing small buses...

Because he is and because he was. Old man with magnetic powers. Laughing

25We Are The X-Men Empty Re: We Are The X-Men Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

^ I doubt that, with the look of Beast in Secret Avengers.

Looks like it's Marvel's way of integrating the X-Men into the "Heroic Age."

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum