Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bendis and Maleev's "Scarlet"

+13
Batman25JM
comicgeekelly
Fresh03
rwe1138
Jango Fett
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
hrdwrkngXsoldier
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
LordD3r3k
Bigtymin504
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Bendis and Maleev's "Scarlet" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bendis and Maleev's "Scarlet" Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:15 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:#4 was solid but more of a "set up" issue. With Scarlet showing up at the rally at the end, the next issue should be crazy. The revolution is beginning...

Yep, I think it's going to be nuts. Looking forward to it!

This is a bit of a philosophical question but are we supposed to sympathise with Scarlet? I did initially but I don't anymore and I wonder if Bendis wants us to or not. At first I was certainly with her following what happened to her and her boyfriend and the corruption of the police. But then she became a murderer. Regardless of what the corrupt police have done to her, she is still now a murderer and I've lost my sympathy for her. Doesn't mean I don't want to read her story but I can't say I necessarily support the character. Once you start down this road also there's every chance that sooner or later you'll cause the death of the wrong person. She's decided she's judge, jury and executioner - sooner or later she may get her facts wrong.

Interested to hear other points of view on this.

52Bendis and Maleev's "Scarlet" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bendis and Maleev's "Scarlet" Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:42 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think this is exactly what Bendis wanted. Personally I'm still on her side. She's attempting a modern version of an American Revolution and there will be some blood that has to go with that.

53Bendis and Maleev's "Scarlet" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bendis and Maleev's "Scarlet" Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:05 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:I think this is exactly what Bendis wanted. Personally I'm still on her side. She's attempting a modern version of an American Revolution and there will be some blood that has to go with that.

I think that's a great point. To me, at this stage, it looks like murder but if enough people get on board then it becomes a revolution. And then it really depends which side you're on both during and after the conflict as to whether what you've done is seen as criminal or necessary.

54Bendis and Maleev's "Scarlet" - Page 3 Empty Re: Bendis and Maleev's "Scarlet" Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:14 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:I think this is exactly what Bendis wanted. Personally I'm still on her side. She's attempting a modern version of an American Revolution and there will be some blood that has to go with that.

I think that's a great point. To me, at this stage, it looks like murder but if enough people get on board then it becomes a revolution. And then it really depends which side you're on both during and after the conflict as to whether what you've done is seen as criminal or necessary.

Good points guys. I'm kinda with you Aussie in a sense that I don't condone Scarlet's killing, but I also do understand what she's trying to do. She's trying to bring down a corrupt system, and naturally that's gonna get messy. I think Bendis wants us to question her actions and be conflicted at this point. Makes it all the more interesting!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum