Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

RIP Peter Steele

+6
LordD3r3k
deadbolt85
Combo Mo
melvinlikechris
Denim
prescribeddrone
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RIP Peter Steele Empty RIP Peter Steele Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:45 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

RIP Peter Steele

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/252/18405/Peter-Steele-has-died.html

2RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:07 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Crap. I was mnever a huge fan, but I always thought his voice was unique and differnt. damn

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

3RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:53 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Holy shit dude, I actually saw Pete Steele in a dream I had last night!

4RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:43 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Its been confirmed that he is defiantly dead. RIP Pete, Type O Negative and Carnivore were amazing bands Sad

5RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:47 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He was right! Laughing

6RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:27 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Damn. RIP, Man of Steele.

7RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:20 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn shame. *cues up some Black No.1*

8RIP Peter Steele Empty Peter Steele Memorium Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:23 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.billboard.com/news/type-o-negative-frontman-peter-steele-dies-1004083664.story?tag=hpfeed#/news/type-o-negative-frontman-peter-steele-dies-1004083664.story?tag=hpfeed

Damn. Just damn. Sad

9RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:30 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"I can't believe I died last night..."

Really cool band, and a really cool guy. I remember the show I saw him at a few years back and it was relatively a small crowd. Maybe 300? And they rocked us like we were a fuckin' stadium. And went on to say after the show that "we play because you guys are standing there for us--remember that.

10RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

RIP Peter Steele Peter_steele_005
A true legend and hero was taken way too soon. His words were able to get me through the worst parts of my life. Type O Negative was one of the most unique bands I’ve ever heard. “October Rust” is STILL my favorite album of the last fourteen years. Peter Steele was a true original, and will be missed. A sad, sad day in music.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

11RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:25 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It is with great sadness that we inform you that Type O Negative front man, bassist, and our band mate, Peter Steele passed away last night of what appears to be heart failure.

Ironically Peter had been enjoying a long period of sobriety and improved health and was imminently due to begin writing and recording new music for our follow up to "Dead Again" released in 2007.

The official cause of death has yet to be determined pending autopsy results. The funeral services will be private and memorial services will be announced at a future date. We’d like to share our thoughts and those of Peter’s family below.
We are truly saddened to lose our friend and appreciate the tremendous outpouring today from around the world.

Sincerely,

Josh, Kenny and Johnny

Josh Silver: “Peter, My endless source of frustration, (as I'm yours) you have really done it this time. You have changed and touched countless lives through music, comedy and often brutal honesty. You've made life both interesting and irritating and I could not imagine not having known you for 37 years. It still isn't true in my mind but in time I will miss you and the creating that we all endured together. We certainly disagreed constantly and I believe (and hope) we all learned from each other. Should I call you my brother, friend or neighbor? I can only call you Peter (and usually after 2 PM). We laughed at ourselves more times then I can count. Knowing humans are preposterous creatures and I know we reveled in that fact. I will miss you in time, but at this moment your premature departure seems surreal and has pissed me off to no end. Though I never told you that I harbor a deep respect for you, I do. Goodbye my friend.”

Kenny Hickey: “Peter Steele was one of the most brilliant and funny personalities in music and it was all for real. Half the time people thought he was joking, but he was actually telling the truth. Part of me died with him.”

Johnny Kelly: “It’s impossible for me to put into a few sentences what I am feeling at the moment Peter. I’m not sure if I should eulogize or roast you. Both good and bad, we went on one hell of a ride together and sadly, the ride has come to an end. You truly were a unique person. Your music touched many people. Myself included. Whether it was talking about The Beatles, power tools, how Pluto was no longer considered a planet or calling me at 3am asking me to drive to your house to have a fistfight with you, you always kept it interesting. It was a privilege to have been your bandmate. It’s something that I will always cherish.”

In a statement issued today by Steele`s family: “Legendary Goth/Heavy Metal musician Peter Steele died suddenly Wednesday, April 14, 2010, after a short illness at the age of 48. He wrote and orchestrated the music for the Brooklyn-based band Type O Negative, a groundbreaking group known for its dramatic lyrical emphasis on the themes of romance, depression, and death. Steele, renowned as much for his striking physical appearance as his musical talent, was the creative force behind the bands 20-year success writing most of the material for the their albums. Type O Negative and Steele have been lauded as a major influence by numerous alternative and metal bands. The band gained a worldwide following through touring and recording seven studio albums, two best-of compilations, concert DVDs and music videos. Their 1993 album “Bloody Kisses” went platinum, and the 1996 follow-up “October Rust” went gold.

The music world has lost a great talent, and music fans worldwide are mourning, but for our family we are mourning a beloved brother, uncle, cousin, friend and funny man. Peter Steele was a complex man, known for his brooding looks, his self-deprecating sense of humor, unique view of the world, and most of all his loyalty to his fans, friends and family. Survived by five sisters, the eldest living sister notes that he was more than our brother, he was our son. His untimely death is tragic – a great loss to us and to music. The official cause of death has yet to be determined pending autopsy results, and funeral plans at present remain unknown. The family thanks fans for their loyalty to Peter and band members, but request that fans and media respect their wishes for privacy.

In addition to his success in music, Peter Steele also tried his hand at acting, appearing in HBO`s Oz and the cult classic film Bad Acid. He also composed music for the film soundtracks “Freddy vs. Jason” and “Mortal Combat”, the television movie “Nosferatu: The First Vampire”, and the soon-to-be released “Living the American Nightmare.”

12RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:35 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Members of Hatebreed, who toured with Type O Negative in 2008, released a statement praising Steele's status and friendliness, the latter of which only those who knew him best got to experience.

"Hatebreed would like to extend our condolences to the family, friends and fans of Peter Steele. He is one of the best guys we've ever toured with and a true legend," the statement read. "There will never be anyone else like him. May he rest in peace."

Dez Fafara, frontman of California metal act Devildriver, echoed those sentiments.

"Peter Steele was one of the nicest guys in music. He was always kind to me through the years. I toured many times with Type O and was always taken care of. [He was a] big guy with a huge heart," Fafara said in a statement. "My heart goes out to his band, his family, and his many friends around the world ... we have all lost a legend, a voice that will never be duplicated."

Biohazard vocalist Evan Seinfeld remembered Steele not just for his kindness, but for the influence his music — in Type O Negative and before that in thrash outfit Carnivore — played in his life.

"R.I.P. my friend, brother and mentor, Peter Steele," Seinfeld wrote on his Twitter page. "[He was] my single biggest musical influence. I f---ing miss you so much already. I love you, brother. I hope you are in a better place."

Fan tributes to Steele flooded the forum of Type O Negative's official site, causing the band to briefly shut the section down. It's since been re-opened, and a brief statement from the group said that fans can expect "statements from the band and family later today ... thank you for your understanding and support."

13RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:48 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rest in Peace.

14RIP Peter Steele Empty Re: RIP Peter Steele Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Denim wrote:Crap. I was mnever a huge fan, but I always thought his voice was unique and differnt. damn

My thoughts exactly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum