Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shadowland

+12
Foreigner_Man
G_Zatara
LordD3r3k
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Aussiemandias
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Batman25JM
Bigtymin504
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:15 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

There's a comic shop where I'm staying at so I flipped thru this book (this was sold out immediately quick, alas I had no money and couldn't buy myself a copy) and I must say that was a killer of an ending (pun not intended).
Spoiler:

52Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, it sold out at my LCS almost immediately. I got there about two hours after they put the books on the shelves, and they had already sold out. Luckily I had it in my pull so I got a copy.

53Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Haven't read it or gone to the comic store today but going by the spoilers, the Hand brings people back all the time so meh. The book still looks good from the preview though so I'll probably get it in a few months like I said before,

54Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:27 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really hope that I remembered to preorder this. Well, I'll see tomorrow if I get a copy or not.

55Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:57 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:I really hope that I remembered to preorder this. Well, I'll see tomorrow if I get a copy or not.

Just get it on Ebay- it'll be there for regular price Very Happy

56Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:27 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shadowland #1

I enjoyed this.

I like DD's new costume. I still prefer his regular red costume, but the new one is a nice (temporary) change.

Something has to be up with Matt. Sure, he's been through a lot lately, and the Hand has been pushing him to the brink, but this is a big change. I'm wondering if he's being controlled. He had red eyes like White Tiger did in the last few issues. I'm sure they are just part of the costume, but he could be being controlled. I'd much prefer it if he has an endgame and this is all just part of it.

Spoiler:

I can't wait to see where this goes.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

57Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:37 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did infact preorder so my copy was waiting for me when I got to my LCS. Issue 1 was a pretty fast read, that' really my only complaint. It was well written and it look great, I just read through it faster than I would have like to.

58Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:56 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shadowland #1

This was solid. It didn't live up to my high expectations going in, but it was still good. I just feel like it didn't have the same intensity that's made the Daredevil book so great since Diggle took over. I do like where things are going though with Matt and the inevitable confrontation with the Avengers.

59Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:07 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Shadowland #1

This was solid. It didn't live up to my high expectations going in, but it was still good. I just feel like it didn't have the same intensity that's made the Daredevil book so great since Diggle took over. I do like where things are going though with Matt and the inevitable confrontation with the Avengers.

Yeah I was a bit similar to you. It was okay but didn't quite live up to what I was hoping for. A lot of this was set up and getting things going so, considering how it ended, I'm expecting this issue and Daredevil to well and truly pick things up.

I didn't really care much for Tan's art in this issue. Just didn't seem as good as when I previously have liked his stuff. Not sure what it was - just seemed a bit off.

There's no way this is the end of Bullseye and, in fact, as far as we know he's not even dead yet. I realise this is out there (it is comics though) but Matt could have deliberately missed all Bullseye's vital organs. hmm

Regarding Bat's "something must be up with Matt" comment above - here's what I'm hoping for - obviously Matt is being manipulated by The Hand but I would absolutely love if it turns out that Matt is on to them and actually producing his own form of subterfuge and manipulating The Hand himself.

60Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:00 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Daredevil 508 was a nice Shadowland 1.5. I was kind of hoping for more Daredevil though. There were several cliffhangers set up so I'm thinking that Shadowland 2 will be pretty kickass.

61Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:14 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Regarding Bat's "something must be up with Matt" comment above - here's what I'm hoping for - obviously Matt is being manipulated by The Hand but I would absolutely love if it turns out that Matt is on to them and actually producing his own form of subterfuge and manipulating The Hand himself.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for as well.

62Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I read Daredevil in trade and was planning on catching up on this Shadowland business that way, but everything I've heard about it sounds really disappointing. I guess I'll wait until it's all over to see if it's worth getting.

63Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:54 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Oh man, Shadowland 2 was TERRIBLE.

How many random Marvel references were in there? "Locked up tighter than J Jonah Jsmison's pension check" "Yeah, and I'm Fin Fang Foom" Just plain bad.

64Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't really think issue #2 was terrible. I wouldn't say it was great though either. It's quite disappointing since Diggle's run on Daredevil has been great so far.

The Marvel references didn't really bug me.

65Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:21 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've never really been sure what the Shadowland mini series was going to be exactly but now it appears it's about this battle within Shadowland. It could all be over in one issue also so I could be wrong but I think this is what it is. Most of the players have converged on there now and it looks like the fight is on and I think it's a pretty interesting cross section of characters. While not up there with the level of Diggle's work on Daredevil I think it should be fun.

I liked Moon Knight's approach to getting into Shadowland.

Billy Tan's art on this has been a little disappointing for me. I've seen it look better. The tiny heads he draws on the male characters compared to their bodies is a bit distracting at times.

Have to say I quite enjoyed Spidey's entrance.

66Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:02 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

After reading Daredevil 509 I have to say that I'm enjoying Daredevil way more than the main Shadowland book. I'm liking writing and the art much more.

67Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:28 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

how was Blood on the Streets?

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

68Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shadowland: Moon Knight #1

Meh, just meh. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really care for it either.

The art wasn't the best. It was very uneven. Also, what was up with the coloring of Marlene's hair? She seemed to go from blonde (which she should be) to brown hair. It was weird.

I find it hard to believe that with a killer on the loose calling him out, Moon Knight would choose to go and get himself captured on purpose to enter Shadowland.

69Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:31 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I liked Moon Knight SL but it wasn't that great.

70Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:46 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can someone clear something up.. Just because DD killed Bullseye, how does that make him a flat out villain now? I mean, I can understand going to jail for murder and losing respect with other heroes, we've seen that kind of stuff before. But has he gone evil? I'm unclear on that

71Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Can someone clear something up.. Just because DD killed Bullseye, how does that make him a flat out villain now? I mean, I can understand going to jail for murder and losing respect with other heroes, we've seen that kind of stuff before. But has he gone evil? I'm unclear on that

It appears that something is controlling DD though. So, we don't know exactly what's going on yet. Though to other heroes he's starting to be seen as a villain. They tried to talk to him, but he attacked them.

72Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:54 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Can someone clear something up.. Just because DD killed Bullseye, how does that make him a flat out villain now? I mean, I can understand going to jail for murder and losing respect with other heroes, we've seen that kind of stuff before. But has he gone evil? I'm unclear on that

I just flipped through two issues but yeah, Matt is a lot more 'evil'. He went all Jason Todd/Red Hood basically. Set up a Hand dojo/prison in the middle of the city and justifies shit as long as he's behind it.

And his eyes glow...

73Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:54 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm actually not convinced Bullseye is dead yet either. I realise it looks that way but I'm not totally convinced. We haven't seen a whole lot of the body after it happened.

Overall there's a distinct impression something fishy is going on.

74Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

After reading 3 I have no idea where this is going now.

So you can just summon ghost rider and you can't get hurt by him if you do so? Think that info would have came up before

Zombie bullseye? Sure why not

And of course there is a hand demon behind it all, ninjas aren't cool enough let's throw a demon in there too.

I did like the whole, I'm not the master of kung fu anymore pout, because. Shang chi didn't win one fight, has he never lost ever in comics?

Over all still digging the story but getting a bit weird, should have just called in a Thor air strike

75Shadowland - Page 3 Empty Re: Shadowland Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:53 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think that issue 3 was the best thus far.

Did anybody else get the impression that the person who wrote the recap page hasn't been paying much attention to the book?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum