Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+52
superdoug
Spazzy
SammIAm
Dr Awkward
Big Poppa Nick
AKA Brandon
Gojiratoho
Foxy
kidspider2099
pink*lantern
Xman00aoa
UltimateUltimacy
Steel Rose
jfx316
Batman25JM
The Ignored One
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
dpool666
Sapphire Gypsy
Ska
goatt
wickidchyld
melvinlikechris
WonderWoman2.0
Astro13Zombie
Airwolf
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
darth__frodo
potatojoe
The Chris Ward Experience
Denim
Rath99
The Delta
Debaser77
dmahoney
Captain Painway
BlueMaxx
elijahdprophet
shark6495
Heytherejeffro
shining knight
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
MillionDollarGeek
Mnemosis
krpykrwly
Chi-Town Spidey
Silent K
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
rwe1138
56 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 42]

501The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Kelly, too, if you make the trip Smile

http://www.leerodriguez.net

502The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:32 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:Kelly, too, if you make the trip Smile

Wish I was, but sadly I will not be making the trip. Not driving sucks. If everything works out I'll be at C2E2 next year for sure.

503The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am just gonna copy and paste what I put on Foxy's facebook page regarding the slave leia thing:

I think for some costumes some should stay loyal to the source material, for example, Leia in white outfit (A New Hope) should have the buns in her hair. Slave Leia is the exception, that is a costume that I don't mind seeing differnt variations on for the simple reason that Jabba had many slaves, and that could be like a "Slave uniform" per say, so dressing as Slave Leia is more like dressing as a Jabba slave and I am way overthinking this and should probly stop now.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

504The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So dress as Jabba's slave and use a costume that is a creative variation on the original instead of just buying a Slave Leia costume and wearing it with no regard to the source material from which it came.

If I see a good Slave Leia, I'm talking about the right shoes and accessories, well made costume... ifit looks like she really made an effort I'll give a pass regardless of hair color. It's the chicks who obviously bought their cheap-ass costumes last Halloween on clearance who show up with none of the accessories wearing flip-flops or sneakers and prance around like they're God's gift to nerds that I have a problem with. But, to me, if you really want to do it right, you gotta do the hair. I'd love to do Slave Leia someday, but I'd need a long braid extension. Otherwise it wouldn't be right to me. (That and I'd need to get in shape.)

http://likeitderby.com

505The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:30 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll also reiterate what I put on Foxy's wall.

As long as the hair style is the same (that "topknot" braided ponytail), I don't mind the hair color. Not everyone likes dying their hair or wearing wigs, so if they go as far as styling their hair correctly, that's good enough for me.

506The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Silent K wrote:Yeah, and she was at SWCV as Padme...still blonde.

Would you accept a blonde Wolverine cosplayer?

How about Phoenix with black hair?

Or a Redhead Emma Frost?

Girls that dress as Slave Leia and don't go 100% obviously don't give a shit.

Agree 100%

Foxy wrote:The Slave Leia costume has transcended normal cosplay. It's now iconic, and once you reach that level something like hair color does not matter.

Disagree 100%

You're on a nerd message board. To me, the Phoenix is every bit as iconic as Slave Leia, and a brunette Jean Grey would be shit, just like a blonde Jessica Rabbit.

507The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blonde Jessica Rabbit = some chick in a dress. What's next, a Professor X with hair?

508The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:03 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Joshua wrote:Blonde Jessica Rabbit = some chick in a dress. What's next, a Professor X with hair?

you should see my Bishop costume.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

509The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:04 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

comicgeekelly wrote:Here's how I look at it; there's a bunch of reasons for not wanting to dye your hair, good wigs can be really expensive, and what else is there to cosplay as if you're a female Star Wars fan?

I'd think that wearing a wig or dyeing your hair would be much easier to do than being 3/4 naked in public, but that's just me.

Other female Star Wars characters: http://www.starwars.com/fans/media/womenofsw/index.html?page=3

Foxy wrote:The Slave Leia costume has transcended normal cosplay. It's now iconic, and once you reach that level something like hair color does not matter.

And I'll reiterate from Twitter: If it's iconic, it needs to be respected as such.

Denim wrote:I am just gonna copy and paste what I put on Foxy's facebook page regarding the slave leia thing:

I think for some costumes some should stay loyal to the source material, for example, Leia in white outfit (A New Hope) should have the buns in her hair. Slave Leia is the exception, that is a costume that I don't mind seeing differnt variations on for the simple reason that Jabba had many slaves, and that could be like a "Slave uniform" per say, so dressing as Slave Leia is more like dressing as a Jabba slave and I am way overthinking this and should probly stop now.

I guarantee you every single one of them will say they're "Slave Leia", unless they don't even know that much.

Gojiratoho wrote:I'll also reiterate what I put on Foxy's wall.

As long as the hair style is the same (that "topknot" braided ponytail), I don't mind the hair color. Not everyone likes dying their hair or wearing wigs, so if they go as far as styling their hair correctly, that's good enough for me.

Again...wigs are more difficult than wearing bra and panties in public?

We have enough people in our midst that go to great lengths for accurate cosplay, that a half-assed Slave Leia should not be overlooked. I may not be king cosplayer, but I bought $100+ Nike Air Jordans so that my Zombie Ed was accurate.

510The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:37 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:Here's how I look at it; there's a bunch of reasons for not wanting to dye your hair, good wigs can be really expensive, and what else is there to cosplay as if you're a female Star Wars fan?

I'd think that wearing a wig or dyeing your hair would be much easier to do than being 3/4 naked in public, but that's just me.

Other female Star Wars characters: http://www.starwars.com/fans/media/womenofsw/index.html?page=3

After looking at that list, I may not be the biggest Star Wars fan, but I recognize/remember maybe three of those characters listed and all of them would require a good amount of makeup and maybe even some prostetics.

511The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:42 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

comicgeekelly wrote:
After looking at that list, I may not be the biggest Star Wars fan, but I recognize/remember maybe three of those characters listed and all of them would require a good amount of makeup and maybe even some prostetics.

Ah, well. I guess you could just forgo the makeup and prosthetics...since hair color isn't such an issue.

512The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Jesus, catty much? Laughing

http://www.foxyart.net

513The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:58 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

There are few things I take in this life seriously.

Slave Leia is one of those things.

514The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 SlaveLeia

Brunette ftw?

http://www.leerodriguez.net

515The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I bet he'd make a sexy Catwoman.

516The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:18 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Lee wrote:The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 SlaveLeia

Brunette ftw?

While his facial hair, chest hair, build, and probable man bits aren't costume accurate, he at least got the hair right. That shows how important it is.

517The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:08 am

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I wonder how fucked up that Vader behind him is.

518The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:39 am

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What has been seen cannot be unseen, and that's not the first time that man has been burned into my retinas. Sad

But at least he's a brunette and apparently the carpet, or area rug, matches the curtains. Smile

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

519The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:47 am

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Got to give him props for braiding his stomach hair too.

gross

520The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:50 am

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

For those of you who didn't listen live, here are the links from this week's chat:

Denim's mad eBay skills:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Celebration-V-Star-Tours-Starspeeder-1000-/270625118229?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Don't look at this. You will never be able to stop.
Spoiler:

Link to Nick's article:
http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/2010/08/18/new-study-echoes-fredric-wertham/

I would post the link to Kerouac talking about the Hulk, but it would be so long it would break the internet.

521The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:28 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I hate you Mahoney! Laughing

Seriously, though, I can't agree with Knize more. An iconic character makes it that much more important that you get them right. I'll use one more example... what about a redheaded, bearded Han Solo? Would that be Han Solo?

And no, you can't use the argument that they're "other slaves" because, as Knize said, every one of these girls who has any idea what Star Wars is has chosen that costume to be Slave Leia. BUY THE FUCKING WIG, BITCH!

522The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:30 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

And his comment to Kelly wasn't really that catty at all; he makes a very valid point. If you're doing the Slave Leia costume and can't be bothered to at least get a wig, why not wear a t-shirt, shorts, chucks, and blue lipstick and say you're Oola?

523The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:24 am

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I hate a big ass goatee damn near down to my chest that I shaved for my C2E2 costume. Why? Because it wouldn't of gone with the costume.

and KWhack, I'm still hurt you didn't wont to marry me or let me fuck you. The good times we could of had in our jean shorts singing Katy Perry....

524The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:18 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

UltimateUltimacy wrote:I hate a big ass goatee damn near down to my chest that I shaved for my C2E2 costume. Why? Because it wouldn't of gone with the costume.

^This. I sport a beard because I'm awesome and it covers my lack of a defined chin/jawline. However, For the past 3 Halloweens and last Chicago Comic-Con, I shaved, because it was character accurate.

525The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:07 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Silent K wrote:^This. I sport a beard because I'm awesome and it covers my lack of a defined chin/jawline. However, For the past 3 Halloweens and last Chicago Comic-Con, I shaved, because it was character accurate.

I try to pick a costume that goes with my hair length and facial hair. Macho Man for Mid Ohio and Thor for C2E2 are the plans.Suppose if I do Macho Man for Mid Ohio I could do him and Thor for C2E2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum