Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

McFarlane Monsters Playsets

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1McFarlane Monsters Playsets Empty McFarlane Monsters Playsets Sun May 02, 2010 4:34 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was fascinated by these. Ended up only getting three of them when I was a kid, but loved them. (The werewolf one I bought twice because my brother broke the first one. dry)

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=22266
McFarlane Monsters Playsets Draculaback_l
Couldn't find a pic of the second series together, but just go to the link to see even better, close-up photos.

Liked this Kirkman-esque custom someone made.
McFarlane Monsters Playsets 10664-1

2McFarlane Monsters Playsets Empty Re: McFarlane Monsters Playsets Sun May 02, 2010 8:54 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

2nd series I know had a Phantom of the Opera playset. I know caused I owned one. Where it is I dont know but they are pretty cool.

3McFarlane Monsters Playsets Empty Re: McFarlane Monsters Playsets Sun May 02, 2010 10:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ The only one I was disappointed with was Dr. Frankenstein. They had a chance to The Bride, but they didn't take it.

I would've also preferred Van Helsing with Dracula's. The big bat was kind of a cop out with the usual dual/dueling figures. Or maybe Rumsfeld. He still had room for a 3rd series. One with 2 of the 3 brides, and then the third bride could've been Helsing or Rumseld. IDK. But yea, Invisible Man...Dorian Gray? I'm sure it could've kept going, like Movie Maniacs. Even if it jumped out of the norm, like MM did.

4McFarlane Monsters Playsets Empty Re: McFarlane Monsters Playsets Mon May 03, 2010 2:57 am

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

Noooooeeeeeee.......cannot resist thread yikes

I love them too. Back when McFarlane was actually being inventive. Such inclusive detailed diorama playsets packed into a small punch. Wish he'd done more (might have if more people bought them).
I only have two, but really want to get Hunchback (for the executioner & bell tower), Creature (because Creature is awesome), Werewolf (because trees with dead corpses are awesome), and Phantom (because looks so grand & cool), but I always have more pressing things to do with my money. Sad

They all have nice playability factors too. Dracula is my favorite. A nice touch was his steak you could put in his heart, which I of course lost. Maybe it's in with my Buffy stuff. Or the vaccuum. Oops, that piece of wood doesn't go with the set. I threw it in when I lost the stake.
The Mummy's nice touch is the snake underneath the sarcophagus (I can't believe I spelled that right on the first go), you can wiggle and project through a slot in the back. 'rawr, gotcha!'.
McFarlane Monsters Playsets Mcmonstersdracula1600
McFarlane Monsters Playsets Mcmonstersdracula2600
McFarlane Monsters Playsets Mcmonstersmummy600

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum