Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

love on the internet is it possible?

+29
Spazzy
Demonweasel
(._Y_.)
Mnemosis
Bigtymin504
ChrisToPhenom
Joshua
shark6495
CherriesJubilee
superdoug
Sandman
boberthavok
WonderWoman2.0
Captain Painway
goatt
Ska
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
colossus1979
prescribeddrone
Paroxysm
potatojoe
Foxy
Denim
C's Lady
jaydee74
Sapphire Gypsy
Silent K
BlueMaxx
kidspider2099
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

101love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sat May 15, 2010 10:35 pm

CherriesJubilee

CherriesJubilee
Pirate
Pirate

So, is the question can one person love another based SOLELY on their internet relationship? If it is, I say the answer is yes, sort of. But that doesn't guarantee it will last.

The internet can be a great getting-to-know-you tool, a way to learn the meat and potatoes of a person. But the only way it would work is if both people are 100% honest. And even if you do happen upon someone who seems to be the real deal, I don't think you can fully know until you meet in person.

I personally could not be in a romantic relationship with someone I wasn't physically attracted to...something you can't find out on-line. Sure, you can exchange pictures or video...but it's not the same as good old fashioned chemistry from being with someone. Sometimes all it takes is a touch to feel that electricity, or to feel a whole lotta nuthin'. Maybe it's shallow, but I'd need to have that physical attraction before a relationship could go from on-line to real-life. I never would have married my husband (or gone on date #2) if I weren't ridiculously attracted to him.

102love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sun May 16, 2010 1:27 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:I think it's possible i haven't found it but it is possible. I've seen several hook-ups via the web. Like this couple i know from the one of the forum i used to hang out at. The girl moved to england to be with the guy. He's from their. Another couple i know who met on the web just had a kid and i know this forum has it own web couple in ska and Mem.

Love through the internet? It's possible alright but technology sugarcoats it so well that one of both may be disappointed when they approach face to face. Your interests on your profile may be in tact but it'll never give that energy in person. I personally will never try it-at least not purposely. You're a member on my forum, we have chemistry, we meet up at a convention or maybe just because you're in town.

I'm not going to lie, 5 years ago when I was 15, I fell victim of falling in love with this girl who was 2 years younger than me and I had her phone number and we talked but a year and a half later, I came to my senses that this was unrealistic and feelings had to be hurt. Hurt feelings over the internet over someone you've never even met is complicated. We said some things to each other I should have said to my first real-life girlfriend. I was going through some things in my life around that time so who can judge me but yeah...

I hope this is a good example but if not, I thought I'd share it.

103love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sun May 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:Wade, we seem to be in an argument that I didn't know we were in. Like usual, Wade. I explain things, you poop out of your mouth. I explain things more, you diarhea out of your mouth. I rebuttal to slander, you need bibliographies, work sited, and professor I know for verification of said details. Rolling Eyes Now I get to use the eye roll.

And now I have to prove myself via sex life and feelings to clarify. You guys are too much.

I simply asked a few questions and explained why I did not buy what you were saying. I was simply having a normal discussion and saw it as a light-hearted exchange, hence the silly joke of me tagging myself in. I assumed you saw it the same way given your reaction to me showing up. Then again, this is what you tend to do, isn't it? If people don't agree with you, you throw labels on them and put them down. And when others don't play along, you throw a fit and insult them. I should be surprised but I'm not. This is you. This is what you do.

BlueMaxx wrote:Oh whoa, no. I wasn't saying anyone's relationship wasn't valid. I thought I stated that. I see my error in trying to state definitions and it coming off as me slighting everyone who has found a connection with someone over the net. Really wasn't my intention or what I was trying to imply.

It doesn't help that others are putting words in place of mine or even going against things I've very clearly stated, by saying what they think "I think" intimacy is. (Fuck you, Wade. Seriously. You always do this.)

I'm just gonna shut up, and eveyone can quote this very sentence with some smug remark, or it can get another stupid pic from Wade. Just trying to state something that is very improbable to do without actually having met with another person. Guess I can't fathom just sharing type with someone and that being good enough.

I was honestly having a conversation, not arguing with anyone. Anyone.

It does amaze me that you would get angry over that, hence my disgust at your inflammatory comment. This is a run of the mill discussion where everyone is calm and you flip out like that? I'd hate to see how react to things in real life arguments. I honestly don't know what to tell you. Quite frankly, I think that's pretty disappointing behavior. This is pretty good evidence of the moderators's benevolence since anywhere else (with rules) would have gotten you rightfully banned.

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Funny-pictures-mom-lion-yells-at-of

Sorry. neutral

104love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 19, 2010 12:49 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Didn't read the thread, but... hell yeah, Knize

105love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 19, 2010 1:21 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Didn't read the thread, but... hell yeah, Knize

read the thread i'd like to hear your opinion seeing how you were one of my examples of an internet relationship.

106love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Denim wrote:
One day she called me up crying like crazy and revealed that the pictures she sent me were not of her, she was in her 30's had no medical issues and was married with 2 kids and wanted to give it all up to be with me.

Ummmmm.........no.

Hear that ladies? Wheelchair and colostomy bag? Fine. Kids? FUCK NO!

Silent K wrote:but is there really a better way to meet someone that might be just right for you?

Not only do you throw the net wider than you ever could IRL, but you can get MUCH MORE interest specific. I met Kristin on a comic book magazine's message board. What was I going to do? Hang around my LCS till a hot single chick walked in?

BlueMaxx wrote:Guess I just don't get it.

This is what it boils down to.

You keep saying that the people who found love online eventually got together in person. OF COURSE WE DID, WE WERE IN LOVE!!! Would I spend my entire life with Kristin as my one and only if we had never been and could never be together? I don't know. I'd love to be romantic, and say yes. I know I'd try. But I also know there are basic human needs we both have that wouldn't be fulfilled that way. That doesn't, however, in any way, mean we wouldn't still love each other.

You're being ridiculous in this thread, Blue. I'll add to the list of people saying it:

Your argument: X can't happen, because definitions say so
Our argument: X HAS happened to us, so, um, yeah

You say people can't have intimate love online? Intimacy is subjective. If two people feel that connection online, they do. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter who says it can't happen. If it DOES happen, case closed.

I don't recall how much of my courting of Kristin is public knowledge, and I don't want to piss her off, but before we'd ever met, I spent 7 and a half hours talking to her on the phone one night before singing her to sleep at four in the morning. I don't know what narrow definition of intimacy you're using, but believe me, we had intimacy.

In fact, I'll say this. Some people are themselves online. Some people find the anonymity makes it easy to lie about who they are. But some people find the anonymity allows them to be more open and honest than they'd EVER be in real life. I'd argue that for some people, intimacy is easier online than in person.

kidspider - Can two people fall in love online? Absofuckinglutely. It's not easy, but nothing that's worth it ever is.

Blue - Give it up. You ARE arguing, no matter how much you say you aren't. People have done what you said can't be done. Continuing to say that it can't be done is nothing BUT arguing. End of story.

Anyone experiencing love, of any kind - I'm ridiculously happy for you. I never believed in true love before. I always thought you just had to wait for the next best thing to come along. I've learned that that's not the case, and I hope for anyone and everyone out there to find what I have.

Kristin - Thank you.

107love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 19, 2010 6:06 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Denim wrote:
One day she called me up crying like crazy and revealed that the pictures she sent me were not of her, she was in her 30's had no medical issues and was married with 2 kids and wanted to give it all up to be with me.

Ummmmm.........no.

Silent K wrote:but is there really a better way to meet someone that might be just right for you?

Not only do you throw the net wider than you ever could IRL, but you can get MUCH MORE interest specific. I met Kristin on a comic book magazine's message board. What was I going to do? Hang around my LCS till a hot single chick walked in?

You keep saying that the people who found love online eventually got together in person. OF COURSE WE DID, WE WERE IN LOVE!!! Would I spend my entire life with Kristin as my one and only if we had never been and could never be together? I don't know. I'd love to be romantic, and say yes. I know I'd try. But I also know there are basic human needs we both have that wouldn't be fulfilled that way. That doesn't, however, in any way, mean we wouldn't still love each other.

You're being ridiculous in this thread, Blue. I'll add to the list of people saying it:

You say people can't have intimate love online? Intimacy is subjective. If two people feel that connection online, they do. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter who says it can't happen. If it DOES happen, case closed.

I don't recall how much of my courting of Kristin is public knowledge, and I don't want to piss her off, but before we'd ever met, I spent 7 and a half hours talking to her on the phone one night before singing her to sleep at four in the morning. I don't know what narrow definition of intimacy you're using, but believe me, we had intimacy.

In fact, I'll say this. Some people are themselves online. Some people find the anonymity makes it easy to lie about who they are. But some people find the anonymity allows them to be more open and honest than they'd EVER be in real life. I'd argue that for some people, intimacy is easier online than in person.

kidspider - Can two people fall in love online? Absofuckinglutely. It's not easy, but nothing that's worth it ever is.

Blue - Give it up. You ARE arguing, no matter how much you say you aren't. People have done what you said can't be done. Continuing to say that it can't be done is nothing BUT arguing. End of story.

Anyone experiencing love, of any kind - I'm ridiculously happy for you. I never believed in true love before. I always thought you just had to wait for the next best thing to come along. I've learned that that's not the case, and I hope for anyone and everyone out there to find what I have.

Kristin - Thank you.

Thanks for sharing that Mem
also i highlighted the bit were you sang to ska at four at the morning cause that AWWW moment if i ever read it.

108love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*stands up and applauds K-Whack

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

109love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

K-Whack, you just made me teary-eyed. Smile

...gonna ruin my badass reputation. *kicks a ferret*

http://likeitderby.com

110love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 19, 2010 6:46 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Painway wrote:K-Whack, you just made me teary-eyed. Smile

...gonna ruin my badass reputation. *kicks a ferret*

Hey my Ferret!!

You can be a badass and still get misty your just a badass with a mushy center.

111love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Denim wrote:

Ummmmm.........no.

Kristin - Thank you.

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 OrsonapplauseCitizenKane

I wonder how soon it will be before I'm blamed for all this again. Laughing

112love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 19, 2010 7:30 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

CherriesJubilee wrote:Sometimes all it takes is a touch to feel that electricity,

Depends on what is being touched. BAZINGA!

113love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

=D

114love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 12:02 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The title of this thread actually inspired me to write some slow jams for my debut R&B Album, "I Miss Having a Basement". The first single will be "Love on the Internet (Is it Possible?)".

Also, keep a lookout for the club-banger, "Breaking into Gatorland".

115love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 12:22 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

To paraphrase Python: "I object to all this sex on the computer. I mean, I keep falling off!"

116love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 12:36 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:The title of this thread actually inspired me to write some slow jams for my debut R&B Album, "I Miss Having a Basement". The first single will be "Love on the Internet (Is it Possible?)".

you do realize if use that as a song title you owe me money or at least a hug.

117love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 12:39 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My band would be called. "Epileptic Chris and the Booty Shakers."

118love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 12:46 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

kidspider2099 wrote:
Silent K wrote:The title of this thread actually inspired me to write some slow jams for my debut R&B Album, "I Miss Having a Basement". The first single will be "Love on the Internet (Is it Possible?)".

Hugs! hug

119love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 12:53 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

Hugs! hug

awww.

120love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 1:14 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
Silent K wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

Hugs! hug

awww.

Love has been found on the internet yet again. Laughing

121love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 2:13 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:
not only that the net is all about inward beauty and not so much on the outward.
What internet are you using?

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but holy shit LOLZ.

http://www.demonweasel.com

122love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 2:20 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heh...I suddenly regret posting that story seeing that it seems to be getting the "Uh, alright..." response. Sorry for the derail if it didn't help the this thread. don't know

123love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 2:43 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just lost a long post.

Never mind then.

Suffice it to say this thread and a cocktail was an entertaining way to spend an hour or so.

Oh, how close you all were to the inner nougat of my internet sexual history and misdeeds.

http://www.demonweasel.com

124love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 4:12 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Mmmmmm....inner nougat.

That, and "badass with mushy center" make this thread win all day.

125love on the internet is it possible? - Page 5 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 20, 2010 10:46 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I wouldn't mind a taste of Thacher's inner nougat Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum