Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Avengers Prime

+3
shiky800
Aussiemandias
Bigtymin504
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

21Avengers Prime - Page 2 Empty Re: Avengers Prime Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Avengers Prime #3

I'm just not digging this book right now. Bendis is usually hit for me, but there have been a few misses with him, and this is one.

I just don't like the feel of the book, and the story is boring me.

I'll keep reading because I like Bendis, and mainly because there are only 2 issues left.

I'm still not minding it although I think it could have been a much better adventure when you consider the subject matter but, man, Bendis's jokey dialogue sometimes irritates me and this is one of those times.

22Avengers Prime - Page 2 Empty Re: Avengers Prime Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:41 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Avengers Prime #3

I actually don't mind the jokey dialogue because it contains self-awareness of it all, especially with Steve: "Jokes, really?" This is how Tony Stark speaks--even during serious matters (see the Iron Man movies)--and I believe Bendis has been improving every issue of Avengers or Avengers Prime on his take. If Fraction were ever to leave IM to concentrate on Thor, Bendis would not be a bad candidate considering how talky Stark is and how talky the writer can be. It's a good match.

Alan Davis' art is phenomenal. The Hel/Hela-driven plot right now contains no conflict, actually a pretty decent unintentional tie-in, so here's to hyping that continues, albeit unlikely.

4/5 from the kid

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

23Avengers Prime - Page 2 Empty Re: Avengers Prime Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:36 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers Prime #5

This series disappointed me. Firstly, though, I really enjoyed Alan Davis's art for this series. I thought he did a great job.

However, I found the story to be disappointing. What I was keen to see as part of it was a bit more of a confrontation between Thor, Tony and Steve (and no, not a physical confrontation - that would just be boring) or at the very least some sort of discussion about the events of the last couple of years. Instead that all happened over a couple of pages in this last issue (and felt rushed) which didn't really cut it for me. Yeah, you could argue that they're men of action, etc but I'm just giving my point of view and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Also, I just find that whole thing with Steve Rogers and the elf woman to be absolute bullshit. No one is going to justify to me why a character like Steve Rogers would act that way when he's in a relationship with Sharon Carter. I just think Bendis is completely wrong on that piece of characterisation.

24Avengers Prime - Page 2 Empty Re: Avengers Prime Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah the art was just fantastic. I thought the series was solid overall but yeah nothing to write home about. It was great to see Cap, Tony, and Thor kicking ass together again but there weren't many stand out moments like I had hoped. I'm sorta glad they didn't have a big sitdown talk with eachother about their problems (that's definitely not Thor's style imo maybe Cap and Tony) but maybe a little more heart to heart would've been nice.

As far as Steve messing around with the elf woman, yeah I don't think he'd do that with Sharon back home. I guess he figured, "hey I'm in another dimension..." Plus who among us could resist hot elf woman tail throwing herself at us? Laughing

25Avengers Prime - Page 2 Empty Re: Avengers Prime Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:27 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:^Yeah the art was just fantastic. I thought the series was solid overall but yeah nothing to write home about. It was great to see Cap, Tony, and Thor kicking ass together again but there weren't many stand out moments like I had hoped. I'm sorta glad they didn't have a big sitdown talk with eachother about their problems (that's definitely not Thor's style imo maybe Cap and Tony) but maybe a little more heart to heart would've been nice.

As far as Steve messing around with the elf woman, yeah I don't think he'd do that with Sharon back home. I guess he figured, "hey I'm in another dimension..." Plus who among us could resist hot elf woman tail throwing herself at us? Laughing

I've never been able to resist hot elf women but it's Steve Rogers...he's so much better than us. Laughing

26Avengers Prime - Page 2 Empty Re: Avengers Prime Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:45 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

spanking

27Avengers Prime - Page 2 Empty Re: Avengers Prime Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:35 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've checked this book out here and there when I went to the comic shop just to see what it was about and it did absolutely nothing for me.

28Avengers Prime - Page 2 Empty Re: Avengers Prime Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:07 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Avengers: Prime #5

Good end to an extraordinarily fun mini, complete with some of Alan Davis' finest work in some time. Of course the contradictions between this and Gillen's penned Thor books post-Siege arise, but in the end it all doesn't matter. Sure, the story didn't end up the heated debacle--ala Civil War--most of us perhaps expected, but this journey to reinstate the nine realms did what it merely accomplished: getting the band back together once again.

p.s. If Bill Clinton messes with an overweight inturn, who's to blame Steve Rogers for gettin' a little fancy with a purple gypsy woman?
3.5/5

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum