Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hobbit

+17
(._Y_.)
Tomer Soiker
kreepfan
Foreigner_Man
Gojiratoho
TENIME_art
jaydee74
Spazzy
comicgeekelly
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Bigtymin504
Off_White_Lantern
ChrisToPhenom
Paroxysm
joegavilan
BlueMaxx
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51The Hobbit - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hobbit Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:23 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
Sandman wrote:is it December 2012 &2013 or will the second film be some other month in 2013
Not sure. Probably about a year apart, like the LotR movies. Sleep

yeah according to IMDB it will be a year apart.

What do you guys think about how this is shaping up? I for one am excited but hesitant about it. I think they are ADDING more to the story, there are characters in this that never appeared in the book the Hobbit but have in LOTR. Legolas, sauramon, Frodo, Gladrial to name a few. the girl who was in the Lovely bones (also directed by jackson) plays Itaril who nevver appeared in the Hobbit.

Isn't Idril mentioned, though? When the story of Gondolin is told? It's been ages since I read the book, so I can't recall precisely, but I'm pretty sure she's mentioned. So, she could just be appearing in a dream/story sequence, much like the beginning of Lord of the Rings.

As to the others...I don't mind if the movie has book-ends that involve the characters from LOTR. Since we saw Bilbo writing There and Back Again at the beginning of LOTR, it makes a kind of sense that the Hobbit would involve the reading of said book. I don't know exactly how the others fit in, but knowing the people involved, I have faith that it will be almost seamless.

52The Hobbit - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hobbit Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:49 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tapping into Lost Tales and The Silmarillion for a possible movie of the latter?

53The Hobbit - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hobbit Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:44 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Sandman wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
Sandman wrote:is it December 2012 &2013 or will the second film be some other month in 2013
Not sure. Probably about a year apart, like the LotR movies. Sleep

yeah according to IMDB it will be a year apart.

What do you guys think about how this is shaping up? I for one am excited but hesitant about it. I think they are ADDING more to the story, there are characters in this that never appeared in the book the Hobbit but have in LOTR. Legolas, sauramon, Frodo, Gladrial to name a few. the girl who was in the Lovely bones (also directed by jackson) plays Itaril who nevver appeared in the Hobbit.

Isn't Idril mentioned, though? When the story of Gondolin is told? It's been ages since I read the book, so I can't recall precisely, but I'm pretty sure she's mentioned. So, she could just be appearing in a dream/story sequence, much like the beginning of Lord of the Rings.

As to the others...I don't mind if the movie has book-ends that involve the characters from LOTR. Since we saw Bilbo writing There and Back Again at the beginning of LOTR, it makes a kind of sense that the Hobbit would involve the reading of said book. I don't know exactly how the others fit in, but knowing the people involved, I have faith that it will be almost seamless.

I'm with you. Also, because the Lord of the Rings movies came out first maybe in The Hobbit movies they link back to certain things connected to Lord of the Rings that were going on at the same time as the story of The Hobbit. When reading the books it's a little different because The Lord of the Rings came out and expanded on the whole world whereas this is almost going back the other way. If that makese sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3