Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jurassic Park: Redemption

+2
Velociraptor DJ
Debaser77
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Jurassic Park: Redemption Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=25057

2Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:59 am

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

I had high hopes that were crushed by Issue One.

3Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:27 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

oh dont tell me that! sadness.

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

4Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:44 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

Meh...I'll give it one more issue to hook me. I just don't think the property is ripe for an ongoing.

5Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:34 pm

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

I will probably see it through at least issue #4, when, at least according to the solicitations, we find out who Tim's Stephen Hawking business partner is.

6Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Dr. Ian Malcolm, perhaps?

7Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

I assume it was someone who was mauled in one of the movies....hence the chair. I don't see the motivation from Malcolm.

8Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

A one armed Sam Jackson?

9Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

Janson wrote:A one armed Sam Jackson?

Hold on to your butts.

10Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:35 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

It's Newman back from the dead.

11Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jurassic Park is easily my favorite franchise, and I picked this up over the weekend, the Carnotaurus cover of course (Since Carnotaurus is my favorite dinosaur). I must say, uh, the art on the book sucks. The cover was great, but the dude on the inside has apparently never seen a dinosaur. Good god, that shot of the Raptors was horrific. The Carnotaurus on the cover looked, you know, like a Carnotaurus. The one inside? Sort of lookied like a six year old drew a T-rex, and they added an extra finger (which still isn't enough) and some horns slightly behind the eyes, instead of, you know, above them. Good god, I mean, the main draw of this comic is the Dinosaurs. You think they would have got an artist who could draw them. The rest of the art is passable, though Tim and Lex (who is for some reason called Alexa in this???) look nothing like the actors who potrayed them. The writing was pretty craptastic in spots, and merely okay in the rest, but I'm a sucker, I'm praying they dump the artist and the writing improves, and I'm going to keep on buying this, because I'm a sucker. Hell, I love JP so much I even liked the third flick, so don't take my opinion seriously.

Over-all a C-, but my blind love to this franchise makes it a SQUEEEE! I LOVE JURASSIC PARK OMG!!!1!!!1

12Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

Thundermatts wrote:Hell, I love JP so much I even liked the third flick, so don't take my opinion seriously.

Is the third one really considered to be bad? I loved it. They took parts of the original novel that didn't make it into the first film and Dr. Grant came back.

The second movie is the weak one as far as I am concerned.

13Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The third one is considered more than bad. It really does suck, from a filmmaking standpoint, mostly because they shot WHILE the script was being written. It's light ons tory, what story it does have is idotic at best, and the ending is non exsistant. That being said, It has dinosaurs in it, so I love it lol.

14Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lame

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

15Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Also, nevermind the fact that they took a charachter from The Lost World (Dr. Burke, who was of course, a cinematic stand in for the real life Dr. Bakker) who died, drew him just as he appeared in the film, and slightly changed his name. Dr. Backer. Really? Backer? Am I remembering that right? Holy cow, could they have maybe, you know, watched the films before scripting this? While they weren't stoned.

16Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:25 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I remember picking up a few issues at my grocery store as a kid. Liked'em. Sucks that this sucked.

17Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:28 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well I will say that this was better than any of the old ones I've read. lol. but they did rock when I was a kid, but if you go back and read them now, holy cannoli.

18Jurassic Park: Redemption  Empty Re: Jurassic Park: Redemption Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:38 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

Just read issue #2 this morning. I don't think I'll be sticking with this. The art is abysmal, and now even the dinosaurs don't look good. The story is pretty boring, too. The only thing this book has going for it are the covers, and the cover for #2 was pretty damn good. While I'm still curious to know who Tim's partner is, I'm not sure if it's worth reading the next two issues to find out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum