Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rip Hunter's Chalkboard

+2
Aussiemandias
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Empty Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:29 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Rip_Hunter%27s_Chalk_Board

The link has an article on what the various things on Rip Hunter's Chalkboard. It has been hinted over and over that the chalkboard essentially provides a series of hints at various incidents that have occurred, were occurring, or will occur inthe DCU.

In short, the writers decided to drop hints at all the things that they are up to.

A number of people (including myself), from time to time (score one for more "time" references Laughing ) haves sat down to figure out what each thing means. So the link above has all the various clues, some with theories on what each part means and some with nothing yet speculated.

In this thread, we solve the DC universe!
*dramatic music plays*

Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Questi10

2Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Empty Re: Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:43 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From the link above, these are the ones unanswered/with no real notations. Some seem self-evident now, but others are still a mystery.

My comments are added in italics. I figured this would be fun, so there's no real right or wrong answer. It just seems fun to speculate. Smile
----

Don't ask the Question. It lies.

The Lazarus Pit RISES

The old gods are DEAD, the New Gods want what's left.

OTHERS?

Casey the Cop

Silverblade

Find the Sun Devils <---This may relate to Booster Gold. Not sure how.

What is spanner's galaxy?

Wormholes

Thom Kallor = Traveler?

Ronnie Raymond + X = Firestorm!<--Firestorm and his current issues in Brightest Day?

Long Live the Real King

Titans Hunt II

Don't worry about Countdown - focus elsewhere<--This one I think was the writers way of telling people to ignore Countdown since it was aweful and forced.

??Who is Dr. Thirteen??? <---Will he play a part in The Coven?

The Ghost Detectives have all the answers! (a reference to Ralph and Sue Dibny)

The Sun Devils will save us all! <---This may relate to Booster Gold. Not sure how.

Steve is watching <---Captain America is coming to the DC Universe! No? Okay, nevermind then.

Death of the Supermen<----The 100 minute War?

The Vigilante knows the traitor - the League does not!

Listen to Libra - The Prince will fall on HIS sword

City of Angels > Zatara<---Seems to relate to this new story 'The Coven' but how I'm not sure.

Why, Captain Atom? Why?

Death leads to Darkness <---Blackest Night? Final Crisis?

Azrael comes and goes

For every Positive there is a Negative

Is Dibny the KEY?

HE is coming back <---Refers to Barry Allen (most likely) or *drumroll* Ted Kord.

The immortals will fight side by side

Brainiac 5, 7 or 12 ??!

His Kingdom Still Comes!, Only Ivo can save us.

Proty 1 or Proty II: ### in Gog he'll trust

Which is Guilty?

Who stole the Miracle Machine?

Waverider lives

Magnus - Metal Men SUPERIOR will come

LEGION of JUSTICE - Codename: Assassin

Beware the Creeper?

WHEN?

time of the TIME TRAPPER!

The Henshaw Directive = Elimination<----Current GL Corps storyline featuring Hank Henshaw?

Darkseid's Plan: What's Next?

...And the Lord Taketh Away...

Only Zatara can reach the POINT

The TIME POOL is DEADLY

Mxyzptlk's dimension has the key

KRYPTON LIVES

Look inside the suit

Pony

Butterfly

In addition, the number 52 is written in circles all over the board... there are some scraps of paper with the numbers 51, 53, 54, 55, and 56 written on them... there are what appear to be television screens showing historical events, some of which occurred before the advent of photography... all the clocks in the laboratory appear to be set at 11:52.

Hurm....

3Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Empty Re: Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:42 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great thread, Wade!

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Well, starting at the top, I think this first one refers to not trusting the Black Lantern Question.

4Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Empty Re: Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:55 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Lazarus Pit RISES
I'm going to guess that this is a reference to the Batman and Robin story where they tried to bring Bruce back to life in the lazarus pit.

Azrael comes and goes
They planned to bring back Azrael and they didn't expect the series to last too long before it got cancelled.

5Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Empty Re: Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

What does the lighthouse mean, goddammit?!

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

6Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Empty Re: Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:28 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Great thread, Wade!

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Well, starting at the top, I think this first one refers to not trusting the Black Lantern Question.

Thanks! And yeah I was thinking that as well.

comicgeekelly wrote:The Lazarus Pit RISES
I'm going to guess that this is a reference to the Batman and Robin story where they tried to bring Bruce back to life in the lazarus pit.

Azrael comes and goes
They planned to bring back Azrael and they didn't expect the series to last too long before it got cancelled.

Nice! I was thinking those as well.

Tomer Soiker wrote:What does the lighthouse mean, goddammit?!

What do you think it means???? Suspect Laughing

7Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Empty Re: Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:17 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thom Kallor = Traveler? -- Maybe a reference to Thy Kingdom Come, where we found out that Thom's costume is actually a map of the multiverse.

For every Positive there is a Negative -- The return of Professor Zoom, who is the negative to Barry Allen's positive.

Brainiac 5, 7 or 12 ??! -- Likely refers either to the Legion of 3 Worlds story, where 3 Brainiacs were gathered, or possibly to the current story where Brainiac 5 fought Brainiac and turned him over to Vril Dox.

LEGION of JUSTICE - Codename: Assassin -- A reference to Legion of 3 Worlds, and Earth-Man's Justice Legion? Does he still have a few loyal agents who weren't rounded up?

time of the TIME TRAPPER! -- Legion of 3 Worlds?

...And the Lord Taketh Away... -- A reference to Gog in the JSA story Thy Kingdom Come, when he takes away the 'gifts' bestowed on various JSA members?

KRYPTON LIVES -- Either a reference to New Krypton, or a hint that the Kryptonians still living on Earth will indeed migrate to the planet that will be Rokyn in the 31st century.

8Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Empty Re: Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The old gods are DEAD, the New Gods want what's left. - This could have been Final Crisis related. The New Gods took on new forms after they were killed by the Source.

Long Live the Real King - Aquaman? "King of the seas"

Titans Hunt II - This could refer to Deathstroke's new team in the Titan's series

Why, Captain Atom? Why? - Not sure how old this one is, but could this be from when he became Monarch in Countdown?

Azrael comes and goes - besides the lackluster series, this may be referring to how the Suit of Sorrows eventually drives the wearer crazy, leading to death

The immortals will fight side by side - referring to the Guardians?

Brainiac 5, 7 or 12 ??! - this could be referring to the recent arc in R.E.B.E.L.'s where the various Brainiac's are plotting against each other

His Kingdom Still Comes!, Only Ivo can save us. - maybe referring to the current crossover with JLA/JSA where Alan Scott is taking after his KC counterpart?

LEGION of JUSTICE - Codename: Assassin - Codename: Assassin was just a recent arc in Superman, wasn't it?

Mxyzptlk's dimension has the key - possibly referring to "Is Dibny the KEY?"?

Look inside the suit - Superwoman?

9Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Empty Re: Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:13 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:The old gods are DEAD, the New Gods want what's left. - This could have been Final Crisis related. The New Gods took on new forms after they were killed by the Source.

I've stopped getting JLA but could this be referring to those characters that have been using the New Gods' tech? "the New Gods want what's left" would make sense with that.

I wonder if some of the things hinted at on the chalkboard were ideas that haven't even got going?

10Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Empty Re: Rip Hunter's Chalkboard Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:36 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ possibly, on both accounts. What did happen to those guys in JLA?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum