Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

If You Could Write 3 Pre-Established Ongoings...?

+9
Metal Misfit
J Nova
Joshua
alucardbarnivous
superdoug
rwe1138
Administrator
shining knight
BlueMaxx
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

...which ones for DC would you pick? Remember, pre-established ongoing titles only. Bringing back and starting a new year for an old ongoing is fine.

I'd choose:

Suicide Squad - I may have to kick Ostrander in the shin for it, but I'd love to write for this. Quantity wise, DC's villains are the most fascinating to me. I feel like I have some interesting characters to pull out of the hat and stories to give. (I'm definitely inspired by Gail's and Nicola's Secret Six with my want to do this.)

The Flash - Like my Ghost Rider pick for Marvel, this'd be an honor and heart attack all in one.

Shadowpact - I usually favor the magic and monsters of any universe. I know what I like, and I think this title, out of all the ones I picked, I'd be the most comfortable with this one. Plus, this so deserves another chance out of many cancelled series from any publisher.

I almost chose JSA, and, I love the combo of characters and mantles more so than any other team book, but I mostly just want to enjoy the ride. Feels to restricting to any surface thoughts. It'd be a tough title to write.

Don't forget that there is a Marvel thread in the same vein as this one.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

damn so no team 13 then....

suicide squad for the same reasons you mentioned

teen titans: Because that title really needs a kick in the arse at the moment and I am the man for the job

jla: bwah-ha-ha-ha.....

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Lobo

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen

Animal Man

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

rwe1138

rwe1138

JSA Classified, spotlighting different team members each issue/arc.

Blue Beetle

Manhunter

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Teen Titans -- I would make the team once again the teenaged version of the more well-known heroes, (Robin, Superboy, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Speedy, Aquagirl, Miss Martian, Zatara, etc.) and give them their own rogues' gallery that wasn't two cults and a despotic military organization. They would get villains like Kid Amazo and others, who would be more fitting for these kids.

Supergirl -- Why is it that the teen comic stars never get written as teens? Supergirl should be having more than one issue's worth of trouble trying to juggle a superhero persona and a secret identity. Instead, she's always in costume, and rarely on Earth. What was the point if you're not going to use her in the way she works best? I would dump the New Krypton stuff, give Supergirl her super-cat again, and find new ways to introduce characters like Satan Girl and Nasthalia Luthor.

Booster Gold
-- I would keep up with the time-travelling, but I would also use it to reinstate the Inferior Five, who would be good as support in that title. Rescued from Limbo, they would be unable to return to the timestream, and instead are conscripted to help Rip and Booster repair timelines, only they're really bad at it. :P Think Exiles meets Keystone Cops.

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aquaman
Atom
Hawkman

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="shining knight"]damn so no team 13 then....

suicide squad for the same reasons you mentioned
quote]
Nice!
Spidey_82 wrote:Lobo

Animal Man
Lobo is a fun choice, and I've just been getting into Animal Man since 52.

rwe1138 wrote:JSA Classified, spotlighting different team members each issue/arc.

Blue Beetle
Classified would be fun. I need that series badly.

Also, which Blue Beetle?

superdoug wrote:
Supergirl -- Why is it that the teen comic stars never get written as teens? Supergirl should be having more than one issue's worth of trouble trying to juggle a superhero persona and a secret identity. Instead, she's always in costume, and rarely on Earth. What was the point if you're not going to use her in the way she works best? I would dump the New Krypton stuff, give Supergirl her super-cat again, and find new ways to introduce characters like Satan Girl and Nasthalia Luthor.

Booster Gold
Booster would be fun. On par with Exiles and What If...?, but with an Elseworlds factor. Nice choice.

And I completely agree with you on Supergirl. She is super, but she is also a girl, you know?

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No love for Aquaman, Atom, or Hawkman? Sad

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jonah Hex
Secret Six
Batman

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Booster Gold -- I would keep up with the time-travelling, but I would also use it to reinstate the Inferior Five, who would be good as support in that title. Rescued from Limbo, they would be unable to return to the timestream, and instead are conscripted to help Rip and Booster repair timelines, only they're really bad at it. :P Think Exiles meets Keystone Cops.

greatest idea ever!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:No love for Aquaman, Atom, or Hawkman? Sad
...damn, I was hoping you wouldn't notice. ninja I just never really got into those characters. Hawkman has grown on me a little through JSA and Starlin's run with his space adventures. Which most people hated the Hawkman: Holy War Special thing, but I thought it was okay. But...definitely shake my head for Atom and Aquaman. They just...I know they have a cult-following, and I respect them, I just don't care for them. Almost as much as I don't care for Superman. I'm weird, I know.

Joshua wrote:Jonah Hex
Secret Six
Batman
Jonah Hex and Secret Six is just filled with guilty pleasure. So that'd be fun.

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
...damn, I was hoping you wouldn't notice. ninja I just never really got into those characters. Hawkman has grown on me a little through JSA and Starlin's run with his space adventures. Which most people hated the Hawkman: Holy War Special thing, but I thought it was okay. But...definitely shake my head for Atom and Aquaman. They just...I know they have a cult-following, and I respect them, I just don't care for them. Almost as much as I don't care for Superman. I'm weird, I know.

That says to me you may have not read the good stories told with them. Laughing

Hawkman really re-established himself with Geoff Johns' run on his solo title and the Palmiotti/Gray arc with Golden Eagle and some of Carter's rogues united.

The absolute best Atom is Sword of the Atom and Gail Simone's initial arc where the forces of science and magic go to war with the new Atom in the middle.

I heard Peter David's Aquaman is well liked, but my favorite has to be Will Pfeifer's run.

You have to imagine, guys like Flash and Green Lantern didn't really catch on fire until a big name like Geoff Johns got a hold of them. Often, it really comes down to who's writing rather than who the character is.

J Nova

J Nova
Cadet
Cadet

I like Aquaman. I'd write Aquaman.

Also: Justice League and Green Arrow.

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Adventures of Superman (I've always loved the actual title and I have a soft spot for that particular book)

Superboy

Booster Gold

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

rwe1138

rwe1138

BlueMaxx wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:
Blue Beetle
Also, which Blue Beetle?
Jaime.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Challengers of the Unknown
Plastic Man
Catwoman

http://realityfugitives.com/

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:Challengers of the Unknown
Plastic Man
Catwoman
Catwoman was always one of those characters that were only cool to see as cameos. That's what I think, anyway.
Plastic Man would be fun, and yes, yes, yes for Challengers of the Unknown. Pulp-comic heroes beyond the comics themselves. Very cool.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Esbat wrote:Challengers of the Unknown
Plastic Man
Catwoman
Catwoman was always one of those characters that were only cool to see as cameos. That's what I think, anyway.
Plastic Man would be fun, and yes, yes, yes for Challengers of the Unknown. Pulp-comic heroes beyond the comics themselves. Very cool.
80's Post-Batman Year One Selina was very gritty, hardnosed take on the once super-villainess. 90's Purple, sprayed on costume Catwoman was absolutely gorgeous with her I'm-a-very-bad-good-girl thief turned animal activist, but was outstandingly written portrayed in the volume 3 return to her 80's roots. She can defintely hold her own book. Her previous two ongoings had lengthy, solid runs primarily plagued by DC's events and reboots.

Plastic Man is just plain good times, you can do ANYTHING with him. I especially love Bat's take on him in Dark Knight Strikes Again, "He's practically a god, he could kill us all if he wanted to." Instead he's just a crazed goofball going back to being Plas not really fazed by his decades of imprisonment.

CotU is just trippy, pulpy, sci-fi, borderline philosophical mindfuck of a book. Ya know, like if Jim Steranko's art could be translated into words. And you didn't have to drop or toke or being drunk off your ass to trip out.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:
80's Post-Batman Year One Selina was very gritty, hardnosed take on the once super-villainess. 90's Purple, sprayed on costume Catwoman was absolutely gorgeous with her I'm-a-very-bad-good-girl thief turned animal activist, but was outstandingly written portrayed in the volume 3 return to her 80's roots. She can defintely hold her own book. Her previous two ongoings had lengthy, solid runs primarily plagued by DC's events and reboots.

CotU is just trippy, pulpy, sci-fi, borderline philosophical mindfuck of a book. Ya know, like if Jim Steranko's art could be translated into words. And you didn't have to drop or toke or being drunk off your ass to trip out.
Ya, I did like her purple outfit the most, and a big, "YES!", towards your CotU!

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Esbat wrote:

Ya, I did like her purple outfit the most, and a big, "YES!", towards your CotU!
Thanks! I love you

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Ok here's mine:

Sandman Mystery Theatre: I wouldn't make it a Vertigo title. It would just be Sandy Trying to stop the things that he is dreaming about before they happen. He would get flashes of situations that were going to happen, and have to decide how to handle them. The flashes would be brief, so he wouldn;t have any idea of the consequences of what happened in his dreams, or his actions in trying to stop them.

Lobo

Secret Society of Supervillains.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ooo, interesting choices. Lobo and any incarnation of Sandman is a big double thumbs-up from me. I forgot S.S.o.S. had a brief series that people still whisper about from time to time. That would be a tough and stressfully fun title to write. All those nemeses...nemesiessie...er...I think I had it right with the first one. Crisis...crises...right? Hrm. Too lazy to look up the definition.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman
Green Arrow
The Flash

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Ooo, interesting choices. Lobo and any incarnation of Sandman is a big double thumbs-up from me. I forgot S.S.o.S. had a brief series that people still whisper about from time to time. That would be a tough and stressfully fun title to write. All those nemeses...nemesiessie...er...I think I had it right with the first one. Crisis...crises...right? Hrm. Too lazy to look up the definition.

Jen Van Meter could probably pull off a SSoSV title after reading her JSA Classified arc with the Injustice Society.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I would like to take a crack at:

A G'Nort mini series.
Aquaman - I always thought he could be a very cool an interesting character with the right writer.
Nightwing - I remember how he was written back in the Chuck Dixon days and I would bring him back to that.
Flash - Barry Allen could be awesome to write. Part superhero and part CSI. Two great tastes that taste great together.
A Ralph & Sue Dibney series - Somehow, I think this could be awesome to write.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum