Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs Empty Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:19 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bug themed heroes are some of my favorite characters.

I grew up being a huge fan of Spider-man, and, he still holds a special place in my heart.
Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs Spiderman-suit

Of course, one of my favorite heroes EVER is the real Blue Beetle, Ted Kord.
Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs BlueBeetle03

I've always been a Hank Pym supporter through all his ups and downs, and loved him as Ant Man, Yellow Jacket and now The Wasp (also loved Jan, BTW)
Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs Yellowjacket

Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs Ant-man

Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs 697403-return_of_the_avengers_super

Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs 250px-Janet_van_Dyne_(Earth-616)

I even liked Impact comics character The Fly, with art by the late great Mike Parobeck. I was researching the character when i thought of this thread...
Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs Misc_thefly

But, as for real bugs...yuck!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-Man's an arachnid. Dan Garret is technically the real Blue Beetle. And you like Hank Pym? He's a wifebeater.

Just heckling. I know what you mean. I can't say I hate bugs, but there is something about the insect mantles that stick out more so than any other animal mantle. Wonder why that is?

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You heckle me like that again, mister, i'm not gonna thank you for replying to my lame ass thread!

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ah ted....how I miss thee and panic when you rise from the grave with a black ring on your finger

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is he really gonna be a Lantern?

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

what looks like his glove is on a teaser pic of black lanterns alongside the asshole who murdered him

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:You heckle me like that again, mister, i'm not gonna thank you for replying to my lame ass thread!
Ah, don't be like that. I always heckle with love.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Ah ted....how I miss thee and panic when you rise from the grave with a black ring on your finger

riv1 wrote:Is he really gonna be a Lantern?

shining knight wrote:what looks like his glove is on a teaser pic of black lanterns alongside the asshole who murdered him
Huh uh! Shocked

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

What about The Tick?

Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs 394px-the-tick

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I forgot about the Tick! Definately goes on the list, good call!

Also, my favorite micronaut was Bug...
Y'know, for as much as i don't like bugs 440px-Bug

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
shining knight wrote:Ah ted....how I miss thee and panic when you rise from the grave with a black ring on your finger

riv1 wrote:Is he really gonna be a Lantern?

shining knight wrote:what looks like his glove is on a teaser pic of black lanterns alongside the asshole who murdered him
Huh uh! Shocked
Yeah, i'm gonna have to wait and see on that one afore i get happy....!

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That still pisses me off the way maxwell lord suddenly turned like that it is so out of character for him.

Sure he may have been a bit of an ass in his JlI days but to have it all suddenly be an attempt at discrditing the League?!?

I still don't buy it

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really don't either, it was a particularly bad piece of writing.
Unless the point of it was to discredit Giffen's JLI work. i mean, how bad was the timing, here we have Max Lord going evil, here we have Max Lord as part of the "justice buddies", in two concurrent minis....

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah that and sue diblny being killed while pregnant and then the ongoing joke of "is she pregnant?" in the suberbuddies second mini smelt also of bad timing

and then theres that brilliant but sad last panel of that second story as well

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I call bullshits on that whole fiasco.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

same here....

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:That still pisses me off the way maxwell lord suddenly turned like that it is so out of character for him.

Sure he may have been a bit of an ass in his JlI days but to have it all suddenly be an attempt at discrditing the League?!?

I still don't buy it

I not only buy it, I have a subscription. Very Happy

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:yeah that and sue diblny being killed while pregnant and then the ongoing joke of "is she pregnant?" in the suberbuddies second mini smelt also of bad timing

and then theres that brilliant but sad last panel of that second story as well

If memory serves, Giffen knew what was coming and but those jokes in. Unfortunately, they (writers, artist, I don't know, don't think it was ever cleared up) didn't turn in the work by the time they originally estimated and it ended up going to print after the fact.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You lie like a cheap rug!

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I heard that the sue thing was a bad coincidence....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum