Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Movie News: Superman

+26
prescribeddrone
Spazzy
G_Zatara
Sandman
shark6495
supervenom
Spaced4SimonPegg
Aussiemandias
Off_White_Lantern
Astro13Zombie
Foreigner_Man
BlueMaxx
DickGrayson007
Big Poppa Nick
alucardbarnivous
Bigtymin504
Paroxysm
Administrator
TENIME_art
Rath99
colossus1979
Debaser77
Batman25JM
Janson
Frank M. Reding
jaydee74
30 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Movie News: Superman Empty Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://geektyrant.com/news/2010/7/12/jonathan-nolan-directing-superman-reboot-zachary-levi-auditi.html

Jonathan Nolan Directing SUPERMAN Reboot?! Zachary Levi Auditioned!
Movie News: Superman Superman%20news

Hey gang! I've got a cool exclusive little update for all of you regarding the upcoming Warner Bros. Superman film. We recently received some very interesting intel from a couple of sources that reside on the WB studio lot.

The last we heard on the new Superman film was that Chris Columbus would possibly direct the film, which we all agree would be a terrible idea. This news has been debunked, and apparently it isn't true. According to our sources, Christopher Nolan's brother Jonathan is currently the unannounced director of the Superman reboot film. Word on the lot is that he is attached to direct the film, and has been on the studio lot working on pre-development stuff. It's also confirmation of a rumor that started back in February of this year. It was said at the time that a key reason behind Chris Nolan's producing role is to help out his brother.

This would be Jonathan Nolan's first directing gig. At the time I didn't think the WB would give a first time director the $150 - $200 million dollar budgeted movie. But if his big brother is there to guide him, and teach him the ways of the force then maybe the studio would let him do it. After all, they're all about keeping Christopher Nolan happy.

I have no problems with Jonathan Nolan directing the film, I guess if this intel is true we'll find out if he has the same kind of talent his brother has. The guy can definitely write a solid script. I think it would be very cool if he ended up directing the movie.

It was also revealed to us that auditions for the Superman reboot are currently taking place, and our source dropped the name of one actor who they know has auditioned for the film. This actors name is Zachary Levi, who you all now from the NBC TV show Chuck. It's unknown at this time what role he auditioned for, but one can guess that it was for the role of Clark Kent, a.k.a. Superman. Levi seems to have all the right Clark Kent qualities, and it seems like he's in good enough shape. I think he would be a nice fit for the role.

Since there's no official confirmation of this, we will treat this little leak as a rumor for now. I trust our sources, but with any source, you just never know for sure until it's officially confirmed. Warner Bros. has got to get started on this film soon, so I'm hoping that we receive an official confirmation of what is actually going on at Comic-Con this year.

What do you think about the possibility of Jonathan Nolan directing, and Zachary Levi being a part of the Superman reboot?

2Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Frank M. Reding

Frank M. Reding
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Well I just can't see a first time director getting something as big as Superman no matter who his brother is. Singer was an established, bankable director and look how bad his effort was. If Chris Nolan is going to be involved at all why not just get him to direct and be done with it. But whatever happens I just hope they dump the rubber suit look that Routh had. It was crap.

Last edited by Frank M. Reding on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Well I don't know what to think about this. The director hasn't done anything so we don't know if he's any good. As for the Chuck guy, no way! That show is just awful, yeah I know a lot of you like it but I don't. But I guess it doesn't really doesn't matter because Superman is one of my least favorite characters. So I doubt I'll like it anyway. I wish they'd just make a Smallville movie, now that would be cool.

4Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta be honest in saying I don't know how I feel about any of this. I don't see the guy who plays "Chuck" as Superman though. Doesn't seem like a very good fit to me.

5Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Chuck, but in no way do I see Zachary Levi as Superman.

6Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I could see Levi as Jimmy Olsen, but not Clark.

7Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:52 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

they didn't say what role they assumed it would be supes (pray it's jimmy) either way, i don't think singer's superman sucked. i think it was just....a tribute film nobody wanted. either way, giving chris nolan's brother the helm might not be abad idea, if he's going to his brother for "friendly coaching" Wink

8Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I could see Levi as Jimmy Olsen, but not Clark.
Well. Now I could get behind that. I like that.

colossus1979 wrote:they didn't say what role they assumed it would be supes (pray it's jimmy) either way, i don't think singer's superman sucked. i think it was just....a tribute film nobody wanted. either way, giving chris nolan's brother the helm might not be abad idea, if he's going to his brother for "friendly coaching" Wink
I didn't hate Superman Returns. I just felt a tad ripped off by it because it was too much a tribute movie. I mean, there were entire chunks of dialogue taken from the first movie. It was just something that I've seen before and done so much better. I am hoping that Chris Nolan is going to be coaching his brother on how to make a good film. I could get behind that.

9Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:37 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fuck Superman!! They will never make a good Superman movie. He's a tough character to write and make interesting on screen for 2 hours +

10Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:42 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

you shouldn't leave all that bottled in, just tell us how you really feel. Smile

11Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:you shouldn't leave all that bottled in, just tell us how you really feel. Smile

I never got the appeal to him. He comes off as such a pussy. I know he's an iconic character but seriously...Fuck Superman with a kryptonite dildo!

12Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:Fuck Superman!! They will never make a good Superman movie. He's a tough character to write and make interesting on screen for 2 hours +

I've always found the first two Superman movies with Christopher Reeve to be great movies so I disagree. Superman can be well done.

Rath99 wrote:
colossus1979 wrote:you shouldn't leave all that bottled in, just tell us how you really feel. Smile

I never got the appeal to him. He comes off as such a pussy. I know he's an iconic character but seriously...Fuck Superman with a kryptonite dildo!

We can agree to disagree on that. I've always liked Superman.

13Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^ I don't expect many to agree with me. I also enjoyed the first 2 movies but you can't do that now. It would get torn to shreds. It's tougher to make a Superman movie NOW.

14Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:12 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:^^ I don't expect many to agree with me. I also enjoyed the first 2 movies but you can't do that now. It would get torn to shreds. It's tougher to make a Superman movie NOW.

Eh. Again, I disagree. The reason that Superman Returns failed mostly was because it did nothing new or original. It was more or less redoing the original movie while making it a sequel to it as well. It wad redundant and unnecessary. Superman is a great character with great supporting characters and great villains. The problem is that his villains haven't been used to their potential in the movies. Brainiac? Darkseid? Parasite? Bizarro? You could make a great movie around some of his villains. I get it that Superman is not your cup of teal. I feel the same way with characters like Wolverine and the Punisher. I still think that a good movie can be made with him.

15Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:28 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^ To be honest with you I hope you are right and they do make a good movie with him. Until then Fuck Superman! Wink

16Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:43 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:^^ To be honest with you I hope you are right and they do make a good movie with him. Until then Fuck Superman! Wink

Well, knock yourself out man but don't be easy. Try to at least get him to fly you somewhere nice for dinner first. Wink

17Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:50 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

get the lobster! Wink

18Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:18 am

Frank M. Reding

Frank M. Reding
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

colossus1979 wrote:they didn't say what role they assumed it would be supes (pray it's jimmy) either way, i don't think singer's superman sucked.

Big C...ya know I love ya man...but with all due respect to your "red boldness" I couldn't disagree with you more....because it did suck....BIG TIME...like a Black Hole. Laughing Laughing

i think it was just....a tribute film nobody wanted.

A film nobody wanted? I can buy that...but a tribute...no...more like a pathetic rehash of the first two films.

19Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No. It actually was supposed to be a tribute film because I remember Singer more or less actually saying that's what he wanted to do which is why the movie was not good. I thought Routh was good as Superman. It's just unfortunate that he wasn't in a good Superman movie.

20Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:19 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Zachary Levi is as perfect for Superman, as John Krasinski was for Captain America... Rolling Eyes

21Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I know! John Krasinski as General Zod!

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

22Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Its not too crazy to have a guy like Jonathan directing. Sure, he doesn't have experience but this is a very big property, I have a feeling he would be in good hands. He's got all WB and DC and Nolan and Goyer to offer advice and help him out.

That being said, I don't think he would accept the offer. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would take on something like this so soon.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

23Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:16 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:I know! John Krasinski as General Zod!

Laughing YES!

24Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

YES! Look how menacing he can be.

Movie News: Superman WindyJohn-P18

25Movie News: Superman Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja