Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

beefs about Comic-cons

+18
Joshua
potatojoe
JonSpangler
Spaced4SimonPegg
Lee
Big Poppa Nick
Silent K
Hannibal king
Gojiratoho
jaydee74
Chi-Town Spidey
Airwolf
Rath99
elijahdprophet
shanhain
Denim
THALASTDRAGON
kidspider2099
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1beefs about Comic-cons Empty beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:46 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I Love comic-cons but they also drive me crazy. I hate the lines they be long and boring. Like at this year's ECCC Geoff jones line was superlong even wasn't he wasn't there it was long. Also lesser know writers didn't have lines. Like Jeff parker. The big writers get all the popularity and lesser writers get ignored. It's kinda sad. also if your a bigger person maybe a tiny costume ain't a good idea.

2beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:55 am

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

i hate tha lines too, but i guess i kinda get over it. i always have my ipod wit me, some other stuff to read, and either my psp or ds lite to keep me company. and now i got some movies on my ipod, a buddy of mine who uses blu-rays let me have tha digital copy downloads for a few dvds, so thats perfect, especially for tha tons of trips i end up takin including conventions.

3beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:56 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some fans love to wait in line, and for most of them the cons are their only opportunity to meet their favorite writers and artists. Me personally, I would never wait in line for anyone for more then 20-10 minutes unless it is Stan Lee. I have never met Stan Lee and I would just like to shake his hand at least once.

Now while the smaller not so famous writers may not have long lines, that is a plus and works to their benefit because the common person may look at a li ne for a geiff johns and say to themselves, "Self, I am not gonna wait in that." then they may see a writer that has a short or no line, look at the table, see something they like, talk for awhile and discover something new.

As far as large people in tiny costumes, yeah, some people should not cosplay elogated man if they would be better suited for The Blob.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

4beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:24 am

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

I never understood the whole waiting in line thing? I hear stories of people waiting in line for five or six hours to get an autograph/picture with some celebrity. I'm not an autograph hound/celeb whore so maybe that is why I can't rationalize it. I attend conventions to scope out any new artists, upcoming books, toys, etc. and to take photographs of the awesome costumes that some people spend weeks or even months creating.

5beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:33 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

My biggest beef is related to the lines in that it causes them. The people who show up in a signing line with 20+ issues drive me fucking insane. I am pretty sure Joshua and I were planning to start setting fire to longboxes these guys were dragging around at C2E2.

6beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:07 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:My biggest beef is related to the lines in that it causes them. The people who show up in a signing line with 20+ issues drive me fucking insane. I am pretty sure Joshua and I were planning to start setting fire to longboxes these guys were dragging around at C2E2.

The guys who walk around with long boxes all day. CGC ass clowns who want 50 things signed even if the limit is 5. I'm a sketch whore but I'll let you jump ahead of me if you're only getting a few things signed. Some artist who do sketches on the spot take their time and I think it's not fair to someone who just wants a few comics signed. But if you're an asshole I'll make you wait Smile

7beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:27 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^a guy comes in with a box of issue 1 of some comic to be signed over and over and over again - lol he got booted and said that only 10 peices were allowed as max signing - guy got pissed saying - you cheap artist dont think about the fans! go f urself - guy storms out without getting a signiture.... lol everyone laughed at him. guy turns out to work for some ebay company that sells high priced signitured comics.... yeahh they probably dont even care about the comic aside from it makes monies for him.

yeah i mean there are other people lined up to get their stuff signed - i really just bring like one or two things so that i can get a small sketch while im up there Smile

8beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:35 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:I Love comic-cons but they also drive me crazy. I hate the lines they be long and boring. Like at this year's ECCC Geoff jones line was superlong even wasn't he wasn't there it was long. Also lesser know writers didn't have lines. Like Jeff parker. The big writers get all the popularity and lesser writers get ignored. It's kinda sad. also if your a bigger person maybe a tiny costume ain't a good idea.

We all hate lines but it's comes with the territory. It goes without saying the more popular you are the bigger your line will be. The guys who are big now weren't a few years ago and they had no one waiting for them.

9beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:37 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Con Food

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

10beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:40 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

unless u find a way to cut the line:

beefs about Comic-cons Arielandsulu

man i was young! lols

11beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:41 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ps ppl pays like 35$ for a signiture lol - i touched him for free Wink

but yeah lineups are part of the con territory.

lol ask geno - i did help a guy get in last person of line sign Smile at wwc last year

12beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:38 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fanboys and Fangirls looking for love. IT'S A COMIC BOOK CONVENTION, NOT A MEET AND DATE!!! Leave the Drama at HOME!

13beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:40 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lines don't bother me if it's someone I want to meet and get a signature and picture. There are some people that are worth it. I don't mind the crowds except when people are just oblivious to others. It's simple common courtesy and stuff. I liked cons but there are just a$$holes out there who don't think of others. Other than that, cons are pretty cool.

14beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:54 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Airwolf wrote:unless u find a way to cut the line:

beefs about Comic-cons Arielandsulu

man i was young! lols

Tooo much sexy Asian for one pic..
Did he try and grab your dangus?

15beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think you have to pay for that. Just saying.

16beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Stinky con goers.

Yes, everyone sweats and the congested aisles and summertime venue (+/- costumes) will only amp that up, but for the love of God at least try to defunk yourself. Shower, body powder, deodorant, cologne/perfume, guaran-damn-teed you can do one of those things at least once over the weekend you are at the con.

17beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I actually didn't like the extraordnarily long lines but if you get so lucky to line up with cool folks in front or in back of you it really passes the time.

Also the pricing of food at cons. I think I paid like $6-$7 for a bagel dog at the con. I thought I was at the movie theatre with that kind of pricing.

Other than that I love the convention experience.

18beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:08 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:Fanboys and Fangirls looking for love. IT'S A COMIC BOOK CONVENTION, NOT A MEET AND DATE!!! Leave the Drama at HOME!

I don't agree with this one bit. Why shouldn't people meet people that might have the same interests as them, enough to go to the same convention? Really...where else are you going to find someone of your same mindset...besides maybe the PoP! forums...

I love you

19beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

After watching this vid i thought all cons were orgies.

20beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:38 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Chi-Town Spidey wrote:Fanboys and Fangirls looking for love. IT'S A COMIC BOOK CONVENTION, NOT A MEET AND DATE!!! Leave the Drama at HOME!

I don't agree with this one bit. Why shouldn't people meet people that might have the same interests as them, enough to go to the same convention? Really...where else are you going to find someone of your same mindset...besides maybe the PoP! forums...

I love you

If you meet someone and strike up a conversation while waiting in line or something, that's fine. I'm saying don'g go there LOOKING for someone. He or she might not feel the same way, then you'll get all disappointed and judgemental and completely ruin your con experience.

21beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:
If you meet someone and strike up a conversation while waiting in line or something, that's fine. I'm saying don'g go there LOOKING for someone. He or she might not feel the same way, then you'll get all disappointed and judgemental and completely ruin your con experience.
Pfft. Says you. Con bitches love me.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

22beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:00 pm

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

I don't see a problem with going to a con to try and meet someone. What is the difference between going to a bar with the intention of meeting someone or going to a con with the same intention. The likely-hood that you meet someone that you have a lot in common/are compatible with is raised tremendously. If being rejected by someone you've just met is having an adverse effect on your con experience as a whole, then you have another set of issues.

23beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:04 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:
Chi-Town Spidey wrote:
Pfft. Says you. Con bitches love me.

Specially when they are high on Venom fumes. Laughing

24beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:08 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

i do hate people who have stacks and stacks to get signed. at C2E2, i had plenty of books for finch to sign, but i didnt wanna be a dick, so i had him sign 5 at a time, splitting them between his signing times at tha dc booth and when he was at his table, eventually i got them all signed.

Airwolf wrote:^ps ppl pays like 35$ for a signiture lol - i touched him for free Wink

but yeah lineups are part of the con territory.

lol ask geno - i did help a guy get in last person of line sign Smile at wwc last year
at first i had no idea what tha hell u were talkin about but i just remembered it lol

25beefs about Comic-cons Empty Re: beefs about Comic-cons Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:12 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:Stinky con goers.

Yes, everyone sweats and the congested aisles and summertime venue (+/- costumes) will only amp that up, but for the love of God at least try to defunk yourself. Shower, body powder, deodorant, cologne/perfume, guaran-damn-teed you can do one of those things at least once over the weekend you are at the con.

Word. I usually have a backpack with me and I always bring some D.O for my B.O. I also bring some cologne as well. I simply don't like to smell. It makes me feel gross. I also bring either breath mints or gum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum