Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thunderstrike

+7
jaydee74
boberthavok
Batman25JM
kidspider2099
Janson
colossus1979
dmahoney
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thunderstrike Empty Thunderstrike Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:57 am

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/08/01/new-york-comic-con-announces-new-thunderstrike-series-before-marvel/

There isn't yet a smiley to properly express my confusion over why anyone would want this series to exist. So instead, I'll use this one:

lame

2Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:07 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

this just in, marvel is going to revisit some other great 90's mainstays like ben reilly and vengance from ghost rider. they're also going to do a follow up to "the x-cutioners song" and start up a revamped "2099" branch....complete with upper deck/fleer trading cards a holographic covers. gross

3Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

I'll check it out at least. I liked Thuderstrike.

4Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:44 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked the 2099 universe.

5Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:57 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:I'll check it out at least. I liked Thuderstrike.

kidspider2099 wrote:I liked the 2099 universe.

you were both twisted by the 90's......but i love you just the same. tongue thunderstrike to me goes on my list of "not needed/wanted" in my book, but i had a friend or 2 that liked the character back in the day. the only 2099 titles i liked were doom, the punisher and the spiderman 2099 titles.....the others i could have lived without even the x-men 2099. it started good but like always with x-titles they went a little overboard.

6Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Tom DeFalco. I may check this out, I don't know.

I've only read the first 10 issue of Spider-Man 2099, but I liked it a lot.

7Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:19 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i think alot of the 2099 went downhill after the first 12 issues on each book, but certian ones were fail right out of the gate. i wasn't a huge thor fan as a kid, i have grown into a bigger thor fan over the years than i used to be, so maybe i'm biased about not liking thunderstrike.

8Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 am

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

I liked Ben Reilly and isn't Marvel trying to bring him back anyway

9Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i was being a tad facetious, i just didn't like alot of gimmicks marvel pulled in the 90's. i REALLY didn't like the holo foil covers or trading cards with the books, imo they just were a waste....i either had to buy 2 issues to keep one in the plastic or on holo foil untouched, or just skip issues until they got reprinted in trade.

10Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I swear DeFalco must have something on Joe Q in order to keep getting writing gigs. How many times has Spider-Girl failed and yet come back to life like some bad horror movie monster? Thunderstrike is just another way to pimp out the whole "Thor" franchise which is not a bad thing. Remind me on something though. What kind of hammer does Thunderstrike wield?

11Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:57 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I remember him. Can't say that I was a fan. Although Ultimate Thor reminds me of Thunderstrike, look wise.

12Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:12 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I swear DeFalco must have something on Joe Q in order to keep getting writing gigs. How many times has Spider-Girl failed and yet come back to life like some bad horror movie monster? Thunderstrike is just another way to pimp out the whole "Thor" franchise which is not a bad thing. Remind me on something though. What kind of hammer does Thunderstrike wield?

thunderstrike didn't have a hammer i believe he got a mace from odin made from uru like thor's hammer, as a thank you for holding thor's spirit for so long or whatever. personally, i never minded spider girl, i remember when they did the whole next avengers, j-2 and spider girl stuff originally, it wasn't a bad idea. i just think they didn't try hard...i mean you can tell they WANT to do an "age after the heroes" thing with stuff like spider girl and 2099...they just don't go about it right imo. like leigon of superheroes is great if you look at it from that premise.

13Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:52 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I had a few issues of Thunderstrike and I didn't exactly hate it.

14Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:41 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'm trying to see if i can find back issues,i read the marvel wiki on it to i guess familiarize myself more, if it's like a six issue deal i might pick it up. like i said back in the day i wasn't too big a fan but if i see issue one and like it i could get on board.

15Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:35 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Thunderstrike Thewor10

16Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:00 pm

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

Never read Thunderstrike back in the day.

I probably will not pick it up now.

17Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:36 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

slightly interested in this.

18Thunderstrike Empty Re: Thunderstrike Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:12 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

they get you once they dothe mace abandoned on the ground....just like the damn hammer...bastards! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum