Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear?

+12
rwe1138
supervenom
Janson
jaydee74
duskdefender
Batman25JM
colossus1979
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:

I don't know why he'd be surprised that people were surprised that Daredevil was ending. Just because there have been "Who is the new Man Without Fear?" doesn't mean that we should have assumed DD was ending. Another character could have starred in the book for a while, or they could have been false advertisement. How many times has that happened?

I find Brevoort's comments ridiculous exactly for those reasons you said.

I'll tell you something else no one should be surprised by. After a certain amount of time Daredevil (the comic book) will recommence. The last issue of the comic is a gimmick and nobody should be surprised by that.

27Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Jimbag

Jimbag
Cadet
Cadet

He'll be replaced by Ben Affleck...

Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? - Page 2 RayBanBenAffleckDaredevilPredatorOlympia3119Large

Daredevil: Man without Fear of ruining his movie career and future movie adaptations of Daredevil

http://www.geekronicity.com

28Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:54 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I don't know why he'd be surprised that people were surprised that Daredevil was ending. Just because there have been "Who is the new Man Without Fear?" ads doesn't mean that we should have assumed DD was ending. Another character could have starred in the book for a while, or they could have been false advertisement. How many times has that happened?

I'm not happy about this at all. DD is my favorite Marvel character, and the book has been my favorite Marvel book for quite some time. IMO, Marvel doesn't have an over abundance of good street level characters (I'm a HUGE fan of street level characters), and taking the biggest one off the map irks me.

The only two characters I'd be okay with taking Matt's place for a while are Iron Fist or Moon Knight.

Yeah, when Captain America died, a new Cap stepped in uninterrupted.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

29Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:49 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25's issue was asked and Tom sorta went in circles with his answer.

http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort/q/995967460?utm_medium=email&utm_source=notifications&utm_campaign=answered

"With all due respect-Just because of the "Who is the new Man Without Fear?" teasers doesn't mean we should have assumed DD was ending. Another character could have starred in the book for a while or it could have been marketing hype like wit the siege ads

Well, sure--but even in both of thse cases, I don't think there should have been such surprise or outrage over Daredevil ending."

30Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:39 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brevoort: I should never be surprised by the reactions our audience at this point, and yet time and again, week in and week out, they surprise me. We've been promoting "Who is the new Man Without Fear?" for something like three weeks now, and yet everybody is surprised that "Daredevil" is ending. One pretty clearly follows the other, so I was sort of taken aback by the response to the solicits being, "Oh my gosh! 'Daredevil' is ending!" What did you expect was going to happen when we asked who the new Man Without Fear would be?

I'm sorry but Brevoort's comments don't always seem like something he should be making public all the time. Just saying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum