Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New show from developer of BSG

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New show from developer of BSG Empty New show from developer of BSG Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The following is from this link: http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/nbc-nabs-magic-drama-from-ron-moore/

EXCLUSIVE: Ronald D. Moore is back at NBC Universal with a new drama project for NBC that has landed one of the biggest commitments so far this pitch season. The project from Sony TV where the Battlestar Galactica developer inked a two-year overall deal in May, is described as an adult Harry Potter set in a world ruled not by science but by magic. I hear the drama got pilot and series penalties totaling close to $2 million.

Before going to Sony, Moore had three consecutive overall deals at NBC Uni’s Universal Media Studios that were tied to his services on Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica, a reimagening of Glen A. Larson's classic, which he executive produced and ran with David Eick. The duo is also behind the Battlestar Galactica spinoff Caprica.

Sony has made drama development a priority this season, signing deals with Moore, Smallville creators Miles Millar and Alfred Gough, who are behind the studio's Charlie's Angeles reboot, and director Michael Dinner, who will now focus more on writing-producing.

I loved BSG and I love fantasy (although I do not like Harry Potter one bit - I doubt the comparison is anything too concrete - probably just made so that there's a hook for executives who wouldn't have a clue that there's much more adult possibilities in the world of fantasy) so the development of this show could be well worth keeping an eye on.

2New show from developer of BSG Empty Re: New show from developer of BSG Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sounds cool.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum