Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seen any movies lately?

+53
Ska
Ash Williams
Matt
O_o
Sandman
LordD3r3k
GigaToast
kidspider2099
Goof
JonSpangler
Little_Goblyn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Batman25JM
prescribeddrone
FroZen
ravezombie
krpykrwly
potatojoe
SexyToaster
Bigtymin504
Joshua
superdoug
Grimmalicious
boberthavok
Rath99
jaydee74
Spazzy
Heytherejeffro
Airwolf
AlienIncognito
Denim
Dr Awkward
DickGrayson007
comicgeekelly
(._Y_.)
Astro13Zombie
rwe1138
pumkinheadfan
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
jestghost
Hannibal king
G_Zatara
MikeSabian
Spider_Fan14
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
supervenom
Demonweasel
melvinlikechris
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Combo Mo
57 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 36]

26Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:09 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:Martyrs

I wouldn't reccomend this to any of my friends or family, but if you have a strong stomach and think you can handle heavy content I'd say watch it, but trust me this isn't Saw.

Despite my warnings, a friend of mine borrowed my DVD copy of Martyrs and yes, he was pretty horrified.
I'm pretty sure if I showed my girlfriend this film, she would punch me in the face and leave me.

27Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That seems creepy. To say the least.

28Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:52 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I watched David Cronenberg's The Fly last night. That movie is still fantastic!

The wife and I watched Waiting for Guffman tonight. I haven't seen it in ages, and it still made me laugh. Also, I had forgotten that David Cross had a cameo in it.

29Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:39 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Lovely Bones
Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 TheLovelyBones
The visuals definitely carry the movie, but it was still pretty good even with that superficiality. Liked the loose interpretation of the afterlife and the concept of the in-between. Saoirse Ronan as Susie Salmon was really great in this. As was Stanley Tucci as the horrible human-being, George Harvey. He had those maneurisms of an older person I knew as a kid. Really creeped me out. Rose McIver had some moments as Susie's sis, Lindsey. That Rear Window scenario was pretty tense. The only person that stood out was Grandma Lynn. The sequence of crazy, drunk granny played by Susan Surandon was really, really out of place.

Liked that the film didn't act like the audience was stupid and needed to be told every little thing. Like with the symbolism and scenes that you could parallel. Gazebo to sinkhole, for instance.

The film doesn't end bleakly but doesn't end with that sense of justice people may want. Really didn't expect that climax for the characters. Worked, though. I liked it.

30Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:17 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 12-angry-men

12 Angry Men (1957)

This one's been on my must-see list for a long time. It didn't disappoint. An outstanding courtroom drama with powerful performances by the entire cast. A true classic.

5 out of 5.

31Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:30 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched Salt. I stole it off the internet and I want my money back. It has some occasionally interesting action scenes, but over all the story is dumb and predictable. That they set it up at the end for there to be a sequel is one of the ballsiest things I've seen Hollywood do in a long time.

http://www.demonweasel.com

32Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:12 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

On the weekend I watched Shutter Island. I thought it was okay, not a bad film by any means and I did enjoy watching it, but I don't feel it quite pulled off what it was trying to do. Hard to put my finger on it but it just didn't quite grab me the way I was hoping it would - something just felt a little lacking.

This is just a minor thing but I found the score really over the top right at the start of the film - I understood that it was trying to build some foreboding but it just seemed like a bit much in the first couple of minutes of the film.

Can't really say too much about the movie without giving things away. I think I'd give this one a 3 out of 5.

Spoiler:

I mentioned this after seeing Inception but I never used to like DeCaprio. I just felt he looked too young for a lot of the roles he played due to being such a babyface so was often a bit miscast. But I think he's now starting to look his age and with him fitting these parts I'm finding I'm really starting to enjoy his work as an actor.

33Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:43 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

Combo Mo wrote:12 Angry Men (1957)

That's one of my favorite films of all time. Glad you dug it.

34Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:35 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've had a triple bill of classics this past week with:
Night of The Hunter
Sunset Boulevard
The Innocents

I loved all of them, especially Boulevard.

35Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 %7B4C36C847-C5B0-47F7-8489-A63DA8F91839%7DImg100
Bob & Tom Radio: The Comedy Tour

Greg Hahn is insane but hilarious. Roy Wood, Jr had the best and funniest material. Drew Hastings and Bob Zany were average. Mike Armstrong was really boring and not very funny.

3 out of 5.

36Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 TheExpendables
The Expendables

Intense action and lots of fun. An awesome cast and some cool cameos. Stallone, Statham, and Rourke really stood out. Even though it's weak on the story and a little overhyped...it's still one you won't want to miss.

4 out of 5.

37Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:30 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

Operation: Filmmaker

Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Opfilm

A puzzling documentary about a young man from Iraq who is hired to work with Hollywood filmmakers and acts like a spoiled brat pretty much from day one. He keeps claiming that he wants to become a director, but his actions pretty much tell us that all he wants to do is stay out of Iraq for as long as possible. A somewhat interesting film, but I didn't quite get the point of it. 3/5 stars.

38Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:25 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Confessions_superhero

Confessions of a Superhero

Not sure what to think of this one. I need to let it digest for awhile.

39Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

^ Yeah that movie was interesting but hella-depressing as well.

40Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:13 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last night I watched Boogie Nights. It was very good but also a bit silly.

41Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:09 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Punisher: War Zone
Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 2008_punisher_war_zone_004 "I gotta poop." - Punisher's thoughts

Really wanted to like this. So many things wrong with it. "Newman" as Microchip was a great choice. The guy who played Jigsaw had his moments, but everyone else was flat. The comedic moments failed (too silly, needed more dark humor) and the "touching" moments with the wife and daughter & Frank's flashbacks were just too melodramatic. Really taking you out the movie and noticing the poor display of characters and acting. Sigh. The action was just so-so. Sad And what the fuck was with the parkour guys? What the Hell was that?!

One last whine: Did anyone think that Ray Stevenson's portrayal of a cold Frank Castle came off more like he was just constipated?

42Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:17 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Harrybrown
Harry Brown

Dark and violent. Great performance by Caine. A cross between Gran Torino and Taken...only British and not as good. The same old revenge type film with little new or exciting added.

3 out of 5.

43Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 F969b3a0

The Seven Year Itch

The first Marilyn Monroe film I've ever seen. It was dated but very funny and enjoyable.

44Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:23 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Watched UHF today! Very Happy

Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Uhfver1in1

45Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:57 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

pumkinheadfan wrote:Watched UHF today! Very Happy

Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Uhfver1in1
"Did you know that the turtle is nature's suction cup?"

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

46Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:33 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
"Did you know that the turtle is nature's suction cup?"
Laughing

BOB: Man, How did you find this guy?

GEORGE: Me... I thought you hired him!

Both briefly stare blankly at each other then turn back to watching the program .

CUT BACK TO RAUL'S ANIMAL KINGDOM SEGMENT.

47Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:56 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maid-Droid huh huh Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

48Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

<----The only person on the world that likes the punisher movies.

49Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:32 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like the first one with Dolph Lundgren.

50Seen any movies lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

The one with Tom Jane was so-so but definitely not great. PWZ was just embarassing IMO.

I never saw the Lundgren one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum