Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seen any movies lately?

+53
Ska
Ash Williams
Matt
O_o
Sandman
LordD3r3k
GigaToast
kidspider2099
Goof
JonSpangler
Little_Goblyn
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Batman25JM
prescribeddrone
FroZen
ravezombie
krpykrwly
potatojoe
SexyToaster
Bigtymin504
Joshua
superdoug
Grimmalicious
boberthavok
Rath99
jaydee74
Spazzy
Heytherejeffro
Airwolf
AlienIncognito
Denim
Dr Awkward
DickGrayson007
comicgeekelly
(._Y_.)
Astro13Zombie
rwe1138
pumkinheadfan
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
jestghost
Hannibal king
G_Zatara
MikeSabian
Spider_Fan14
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
supervenom
Demonweasel
melvinlikechris
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Combo Mo
57 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 36]

426Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

SexyToaster wrote:
Little_Goblyn wrote:Watched Zombie Strippers! and Bitch Slap last night, I'd give both a 4 out of 5. Saw the Human Centipede a week ago, 5 out of 5, especially on the sick scale.

I really enjoyed Bitch Slap, thought it was hilarious.
It was definitely a lot better than what I thought it was going to be. I heard Chris Gore talk about it and when I saw it on Netflix I had to check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

427Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:watched Scott Pilgrim on my ipod for half an hour each morning on my ipod, still love it, but Winstead's performance of Ramona seemed far too uninteresting to me. That and maybe the guy from Zombieland could've played Scott, I thought that after watching him on Conan the other week ago.

I'm almost convinced that Jesse Eisenberg takes every role that Michael Cera passes on...and vice versa.

428Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Combo Mo wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:watched Scott Pilgrim on my ipod for half an hour each morning on my ipod, still love it, but Winstead's performance of Ramona seemed far too uninteresting to me. That and maybe the guy from Zombieland could've played Scott, I thought that after watching him on Conan the other week ago.

I'm almost convinced that Jesse Eisenberg takes every role that Michael Cera passes on...and vice versa.
What makes it better though is that the general public likes Jesse Eisenberg more. If Cera was in Zombieland instead I'm sure it would have bomb at the box office. I don't think he can pull of a zombie movie.

429Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:26 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Little_Goblyn wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:

What makes it better though is that the general public likes Jesse Eisenberg more. If Cera was in Zombieland instead I'm sure it would have bomb at the box office. I don't think he can pull of a zombie movie.

Not according to box office results. Cera has the edge.

Lifetime box office totals:
Cera (7 films) - 387.9 mil
Eisenberg (13 films) - 342.8 mil

Avg per film:
Cera: 55.4 mil
Eisenberg: 26.3 mil

430Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:59 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Religu10

431Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:10 pm

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Religu10

I really liked that movie. The best part is when he is at the Vatican.

432Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:36 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ yeah, Reginald Foster is hilarious in those interviews

433Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:06 pm

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

Vampire Circus
Twins of Evil
The Substitute

434Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Thesocialnetwork
The Social Network

Oscar worthy performances from Eisenberg, Garfield, and Timberlake; an incredibly witty screenplay from Sorkin; and brilliant direction from Fincher...all blended together perfectly and made this live up to the hype. A classic.

5 out of 5.

435Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Combo Mo wrote:
Little_Goblyn wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:

Not according to box office results. Cera has the edge.

Lifetime box office totals:
Cera (7 films) - 387.9 mil
Eisenberg (13 films) - 342.8 mil

Avg per film:
Cera: 55.4 mil
Eisenberg: 26.3 mil

hhhmmm, I think a lot of that has to due though to the fact Eisenberg has done movies people didn't know existed and Cera has been in a lot of movies with big stars. Though I think Cera was the only one of the two who could pull off Scott Pilgrim.

Combo Mo wrote:Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Thesocialnetwork
The Social Network

Oscar worthy performances from Eisenberg, Garfield, and Timberlake; an incredibly witty screenplay from Sorkin; and brilliant direction from Fincher...all blended together perfectly and made this live up to the hype. A classic.

5 out of 5.
I never heard any hype about it!? I guess I'll have to see it when it comes out on DVD. I thought about seeing it but I didn't know if it was boring and would put me to sleep in the theater.

436Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:26 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Easy-a-20100914104511957-000
Easy A

The closest thing I've seen to a John Hughes film in years. Emma Stone is the real deal. Clever and very funny.

4.5 out of 5.

437Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:19 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Late showing of Megamind last night

It was pretty good but it could've been a touch better. The graphics were something that could beat pixar imho but it wasn't as funny as I thought, but it was pretty funny. Also my biggest complaints were the plotholes and inconsistancies the flick had like;
Why did no one think of mentioning
Spoiler:

Where Metroman and Megamind the only superheroes in the world?

And the fact that the filmmakers seemed to not figure out how much of a threat MMind was to the people of the city and the trailers that spoiled the twist towards the end

3.5/5

438Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Capturing the Friedmans - A well-made but very depressing documentary about a New York family's disintegration in the wake of the father's child abuse case. Parts of this film were very tough to watch, but overall it was one of the most engaging documentaries I've ever seen. 4.5/5 stars.

439Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Just watched The Road, it was pretty depressing, but I still liked it.
Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 The-road-poster

Combo Mo wrote:Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Easy-a-20100914104511957-000
Easy A

The closest thing I've seen to a John Hughes film in years. Emma Stone is the real deal. Clever and very funny.

4.5 out of 5.
I loved that movie. Definitely made me laugh a lot. Emma Stone is going to be a great actress in the future.

440Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Forgot to mention this, I saw A very Potter Musical and I really liked it, but I felt it went on alittle too long.

441Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:12 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Little_Goblyn wrote:Just watched The Road, it was pretty depressing, but I still liked it.
My exact thoughts. It was great for the post-apocalyptic theme it was going for, but damn if it didn't murder your mind with melancholy.

442Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:42 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:
Little_Goblyn wrote:Just watched The Road, it was pretty depressing, but I still liked it.
My exact thoughts. It was great for the post-apocalyptic theme it was going for, but damn if it didn't murder your mind with melancholy.

I had been watching it with a friend and we both just felt like drowning our sorrows. It really is the most depressing movie I have EVER seen!!!

Also, just watched Shutter Island. It was actually pretty good, not what I thought it was. I actually liked it.

Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Shutter_island_ver2

443Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:47 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

3 Ninjas

This was on TV, and so I watched some of it. I used to LOVE this movie (and the other 3 Ninja movies) when I was a kid. God, it is silly as hell now. It literally oozes 90s. It is clearly a product of it's time.

444Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Not Quite Hollywood - a fun, fast-paced documentary about Australian exploitation movies from the seventies and eighties, featuring interviews with Jamie Lee Curtis and (of course) Quentin Tarantino. Not the most substantial documentary I've ever seen, but it was a pleasant time waster. 3.5 / 5 stars.

445Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Due Date

I quite enjoyed this, and I have a feeling that the more times I see it the funnier it'll be (just like The Hangover).

I think my favorite line was after Ethan shoots Peter and they are walking into the hospital and Ethan says "I've got an expectant father and a gunshot victim".

446Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:32 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Not Quite Hollywood - a fun, fast-paced documentary about Australian exploitation movies from the seventies and eighties, featuring interviews with Jamie Lee Curtis and (of course) Quentin Tarantino. Not the most substantial documentary I've ever seen, but it was a pleasant time waster. 3.5 / 5 stars.
Good doc! thumbs up

447Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Finally saw this after like, more than a decade last night. It was a pretty good movie, the scenery was beautiful, the voice acting was great, the songs were good and the character designs were pretty good.

Speaking of disney, i finally understood the joke Genie told Aladin at the end of the first Aladin movie.

448Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:01 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Finally saw this after like, more than a decade last night. It was a pretty good movie, the scenery was beautiful, the voice acting was great, the songs were good and the character designs were pretty good.

Speaking of disney, i finally understood the joke Genie told Aladin at the end of the first Aladin movie.
What was that? It's been a decade since I've seen either movie.

449Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Go to 8:12 of the vid and you'll see what I mean.

450Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:58 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Watched Remember Me earlier today. It was better than what I thought it would be. I'm not a fan of Robert Pattinson but he did good in the movie. I think if he can get out of those teenage movies he's been doing and get some real roles he can really be good. The end of the movie was really sad to, I actually cried, which I usually never do. I give this movie a 3.5 out of 5.

Seen any movies lately? - Page 18 Remember-me-movie-poster-hq-photo

Last edited by Little_Goblyn on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum