Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Okay, DC Comics help?

+5
Batman25JM
comicgeekelly
jaydee74
JonSpangler
jestghost
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Okay, DC Comics help? Empty Okay, DC Comics help? Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:13 am

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

I don't know too much about DC, mostly Marvel. I would like to know all of your opinions where a good place to start is.

So far I have
Brightest Day Birds of Prey 1-4
Harley Quinn 1-7

2Okay, DC Comics help? Empty Re: Okay, DC Comics help? Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:59 am

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

Do you have a specific character or type of book you want or just general DC mythology?

I see you got female focused books if you want to stay in that vien I would go with maybe Batwoman, The Question (and 52 which I believe is her origin but I havent read it yet.), maybe Brightest Day main title where you have Mera, Hawkgirl.

If its general mythology I jumped in, through trades and such over the past yearish, with Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, 52 (which I still need to read) and lots of Green Lantern cause at the time I was catching up for Blackest Night.

3Okay, DC Comics help? Empty Re: Okay, DC Comics help? Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:52 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would also be curious if you are looking for something character specific or DC mythology. Another book you might be interested if you are into the DC female characters would be:

Gotham City Sirens
Power Girl (a very fun book)
Wonder Woman (you could start with #600 and be good to go)

Also, if you like trades, I would check out the four volumes of the George Perez Wonder Woman. It's very epic.

4Okay, DC Comics help? Empty Re: Okay, DC Comics help? Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:54 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd say it's worth it to go buy the trades of Johns' Green Lantern run.

5Okay, DC Comics help? Empty Re: Okay, DC Comics help? Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin, Red Robin, and more Red Robin. It's my favorite book going right now, and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Issue #16 just came out. It shouldn't be too hard to track down. The first 12 issues are collected in 2 trades (Red Robin: The Grail, and Red Robin: Collision). If you do get the first trade and don't love it, I'd still recommend sticking with it, it didn't get awesome until around issue #8 (but the first issues were good). Now, if you don't want to get all that's come out, you could start with issue #13 which is the start of a new arc, with a new writer. However, I would suggest starting from the beginning.

Batgirl is also a phenomenal book. It's on issue #14. The first #7 issues are collected in a trade (Batgirl: Batgirl Rising). It's just a very fun, often funny book.

I second the recommendation of Johns' Green Lantern. Personally, I'd start from the beginning with Green Lantern: Rebirth. However, if you don't want to start from the beginning, I'd start with picking up the Sinestro Corps War trades.

Tomasi's Green Lantern Coprs run is also great, and all of it is in trade. He continues his GL work in Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors. That book is only on issue #2, so it'd be easy to track down.

Justice League: Generation Lost has also been fantastic. Though, that might be harder to get into without knowing more about DC continuity.

6Okay, DC Comics help? Empty Re: Okay, DC Comics help? Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

I always suggest Secret Six.

7Okay, DC Comics help? Empty Re: Okay, DC Comics help? Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:09 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Big Poppa Nick wrote:I always suggest Secret Six.
Ditto.

I'll list more once you tell us your sensibilities.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

8Okay, DC Comics help? Empty Re: Okay, DC Comics help? Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Starman It's the best superhero comic ever written.

9Okay, DC Comics help? Empty Re: Okay, DC Comics help? Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Also. All Star Superman is being made into an animated flick, and it's the best Superman story ever written IMO.

10Okay, DC Comics help? Empty Re: Okay, DC Comics help? Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:10 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Big Poppa Nick wrote:I always suggest Secret Six.
Ditto.

I'll list more once you tell us your sensibilities.
Can't fail with Secret Six. And if you think you'll dig on Birds of Prey, you will. And may also like Gotham City Sirens.

But yea, like RWE said, where do you interests lie?

Matt wrote:Starman It's the best superhero comic ever written.
So good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum