Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C

+2
Foreigner_Man
prescribeddrone
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Empty Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:50 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=28543

2Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Empty Re: Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:24 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I dunno, isn't he one the guys who helped Marvel fall into bankruptcy years ago?

3Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Empty Re: Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:13 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

um yes. he was there. I don't know that he helped them go bankrupt, but he was the top dog at the time. Seems to me that he really isn't the kind of presence Joe Q. is at Marvel. hopefully DC won't suffer because of it.

4Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Empty Re: Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:24 am

Tomer Soiker

Tomer Soiker
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order

*pukes*

He wasn't THE cause for bankruptcy, but Harras was there. During his time (1995-2000) the company was probably in its worst period in years. He also burnt bridges with many creators, something that his successor Joe Quesada tried his best to amend.

On the other hand, Harras was also the editor of the X-books for several years until becoming EIC, being part of its bombastic success in the early '90s. I guess part of it was a good working relationship with Jim Lee, who's now his boss.

Still... yuck.

http://spidey82.wordpress.com

5Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Empty Re: Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:28 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Um, why? I don't get this move at all.

6Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Empty Re: Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe it's because he's already working there in an editorial capacity, they're very happy with his work so they're giving him a promotion. Sometimes that's the way companies work.

7Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Empty Re: Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Maybe it's because he's already working there in an editorial capacity, they're very happy with his work so they're giving him a promotion. Sometimes that's the way companies work.

It more or less does work that way. Maybe I'm confused on stuff. Geoff Johns is Chief Creative Officer. Somehow, I thought that was kind of the same thing as Editor-In-Chief although I guess Joe Quesada has both titles so I suppose they do different things.

8Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Empty Re: Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:15 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:Maybe it's because he's already working there in an editorial capacity, they're very happy with his work so they're giving him a promotion. Sometimes that's the way companies work.

It more or less does work that way. Maybe I'm confused on stuff. Geoff Johns is Chief Creative Officer. Somehow, I thought that was kind of the same thing as Editor-In-Chief although I guess Joe Quesada has both titles so I suppose they do different things.

That's an interesting point you make about Geoff Johns's role. Perhaps Harras in his role will have less influence over the creative side of things and has more of a focus on the administrative side of things. In which case there's not much reason for people to be too concerned about his previous performance from a creative point of view.

9Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Empty Re: Bob Harras is now DC E-i-C Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:57 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

That's an interesting point you make about Geoff Johns's role. Perhaps Harras in his role will have less influence over the creative side of things and has more of a focus on the administrative side of things. In which case there's not much reason for people to be too concerned about his previous performance from a creative point of view.

See, that would be more interested. I could see that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum