Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Age of X

+12
Little_Goblyn
TheBrownLantern
prescribeddrone
Denim
TENIME_art
Rath99
comedianviet
comicgeekelly
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Mnemosis
Fresh03
Bigtymin504
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:15 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Beast dies? LAME!!!

This better be out of an alternate world or something.

27Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:30 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

This Age of X storyline is obviously paying homage to the Age of Apocalypse storyline, that I personally loved in the 90s (if I'm not mistaken). This looks like a "Necrosha-sized" crossover as opposed to the larger "Second Coming" crossover.

Carey has delivered some good X-Men stories throughout his run on X-Men/X-Men Legacy. Some arcs have been better than others, but its nice to see the powers that be give a writer a substantial run on a book and give them time to develop.

The Messiah CompleX aftermath in X-Men Legacy (with the Finch covers) was great, as was the Emplate storyline, one of my favorites (remember the Emplate men in AoA?) Obviously, Rogue has been a central character throughout, and I feel like she's definitely come into her own in his run, gaining control of her powers. Its all really cool. She's always been one of my top TOP characters. I also like what he's done with Karima aka the Omega Sentinel. I noticed that she's back and that last issue was pretty good.

All that being said, Age of X feels like it might be a little retread. But with Carey at the helm, I doubt that I'll miss it.

28Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:10 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Mnemosis wrote:Marvel.com has gotten into the details:

Alternate reality
Crossover between Legacy and New Mutants
The mutants never met each other before
Relationships will be different
That IS Cyclops
That ISN'T Hope
There will likely be an Age of X Avengers 1 shot
Are you sure that's not Hope? Got a link? I'm thinking it is Hope if they really are crossing Legacy and new mutants together. Jean isn't around in them, but Hope is.

TheBrownLantern wrote:
Rogue has been a central character throughout, and I feel like she's definitely come into her own in his run, gaining control of her powers. Its all really cool. She's always been one of my top TOP characters.
Rogue has always been my favorite character in the whole Marvel universe ever since I was a kid.

Why does it look like Hellion has no arms? He only lot his hands, not his whole arms. Are they really taking his whole arms away?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

29Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sweet Oliver Coipel cover:

Age of X - Page 2 AGEOFXA_1_coipel

30Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:15 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Little_Goblyn wrote:

Alternate reality
That IS Cyclops
That ISN'T Hope
Are you sure that's not Hope? Got a link? I'm thinking it is Hope if they really are crossing Legacy and new mutants together. Jean isn't around in them, but Hope is.

Why does it look like Hellion has no arms? He only lot his hands, not his whole arms. Are they really taking his whole arms away?

Okay, first line of what I typed... ALTERNATE REALITY. Doesn't matter that Jean's not in these books, or that Hellion has most of his arms. This will be an alternate reality where things - those things, in particular - will be different.

And no, I didn't have an article to link to. Just a conversation I'd had. Though, if you need a link, this apparently went up yesterday:

http://www.digitalspy.com/comics/news/a292236/phoenix-returns-in-age-of-x.html

31Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Mnemosis wrote:
Little_Goblyn wrote:

Alternate reality
That IS Cyclops
That ISN'T Hope

Okay, first line of what I typed... ALTERNATE REALITY. Doesn't matter that Jean's not in these books, or that Hellion has most of his arms. This will be an alternate reality where things - those things, in particular - will be different.

And no, I didn't have an article to link to. Just a conversation I'd had. Though, if you need a link, this apparently went up yesterday:

http://www.digitalspy.com/comics/news/a292236/phoenix-returns-in-age-of-x.html

I get it you said ALTERNATE REALITY, don't need to seem angry about it, I was just saying it could have been Hope. Also I don't care about Hellion's arm, I was making an observation about it's difference. But now that they have come out and said it will be Phoenix there's really no point in debating it now. I was hoping though that it would have been Hope instead of Phoenix, I was never a fan of Phoenix. Plus it would have been interesting to see what other things they were going to do with their new mutant character.

And I'm sorry if what I said sounded bitchy but I had just been stating observations and ideas.

32Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Historical Log 2: http://marvel.com/661983/
Age of X - Page 2 Image

The mutant abilities of a young woman named Jean Grey manifest in the form of an explosive, fiery Phoenix that immolates everything in it's path. The city of Albany, New York is decimated, leaving 600,000 dead.

Historical Log 3: http://marvel.com/10101981/
Age of X - Page 2 Image

After the Phoenix demolishes Albany, New York, the United States Government sponsors the mass production of EXONIM Sentinels - technologically-advanced combat vehicles designed to subdue mutants. In the months that follow, the mutant population drastically declines. This period of time becomes known as "the Decimation."

This is looking good!

33Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh here is a Carey interview with character designs:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29701

Age of X - Page 2 AgeofX6

34Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Age of X Avengers!
Age of X - Page 2 AoXavengers

"In the aftermath of the Decimation, only a fraction of the worldwide mutant population remains at large. These fugitive mutants are believed to be the most powerful...and the most dangerous. To track down and eliminate these threats, the United States government assembles a team of human super heroes. They are called The Avengers."

This is just looking better and better. I like how these teasers are giving us some info about the history of this alternate reality and what its like.

35Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I LOVE that outfit for Spiderwoman!

36Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:32 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, did anyone read the first issue? I'm curious to know if it was any good.

37Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:36 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked it. Intresting new takes. What Cyclops went through was just bad....bad as in tragic and not bad as in it sucked. I am picky and I liked it, so it must be goiod.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

38Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fair enough. I'm really thinking I may want to check this out. At the least I'll get it in trade.

39Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:58 am

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

Batman25JM wrote:So, did anyone read the first issue? I'm curious to know if it was any good.

well...I did enjoy it. They didn't really inform us as to why or how this alternative reality is the way it is, how it got to be whatever the circumstances are... but the actual first Alpha issue was a good read.

40Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:13 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TheBrownLantern wrote:well...I did enjoy it. They didn't really inform us as to why or how this alternative reality is the way it is, how it got to be whatever the circumstances are... but the actual first Alpha issue was a good read.

Really? They didn't? Then what was that thing I read at the beginning that stated it was a universe where Charles Xavier had never been born, and mutants had been hunted almost to extinction? tongue

EDIT: My mistake. The blurby thing I read at the beginning just states that the X-Men never existed. Still, even in AoA, Charles Xavier was a driving motivation behind the X-Men, so if they never existed in this reality, it stands to reason that Charles may not have ever existed in this universe.

41Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:I liked it. Intresting new takes. What Cyclops went through was just bad....bad as in tragic and not bad as in it sucked. I am picky and I liked it, so it must be goiod.

Yeah Scott's past was horrid. I like where this story is going.

TheBrownLantern wrote:well...I did enjoy it. They didn't really inform us as to why or how this alternative reality is the way it is, how it got to be whatever the circumstances are... but the actual first Alpha issue was a good read.

Mike Carey wrote a short letter in the back basically saying to be patient and that all will be eventually revealed. He said he wanted to jump right into the universe and slowly reveal how things are the way they are. Plus check out some of those teasers I posted earlier in this thread, they give us some info on the universe too.

42Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:50 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I haven't been reading any X-books apart from X-Factor for quite some time but I think I'll definitely check this out in trades.

43Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:36 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:

Mike Carey wrote a short letter in the back basically saying to be patient and that all will be eventually revealed. He said he wanted to jump right into the universe and slowly reveal how things are the way they are. Plus check out some of those teasers I posted earlier in this thread, they give us some info on the universe too.

I liked it. I am kind of glad that they just jumped into the middle of the story. Sometimes it take a while to build it up, with this they are trying to start at the top of the climax.

44Age of X - Page 2 Empty Sorry it's a double post Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:11 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Has anyone else noticed the name changes of some of the characters?

45Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:44 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I might get this in trade, it sounds cool.

46Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

The whole gang with their new names as well:

Spoiler:
I'm not exactly sure this image is right though. I saw another image where it showed Rogue's new name to be Legacy.

Spoiler:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30188

47Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:37 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Hm interesting. I like how some of them have different names. Shows how the radically different history of this universe has drastically changed some of these characters.

48Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Indiana Solo

Indiana Solo
Cadet
Cadet

I enjoyed the heck out of the issue.

49Age of X - Page 2 Empty Re: Age of X Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:34 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

so far, so good. Enjoying the intention to detail, the little bits of intrigue and unknown along with way

The Cannonball/Basilisk exchange was nice too. I like seeing Sam check Scott like that. That's a diffference! ha

kinda cool that Rogue has two monikers...some characters, Carol Danvers and Kitty are like that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum