Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fallout: New Vegas

+4
hrdwrkngXsoldier
supervenom
prescribeddrone
jfx316
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:25 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

deadbolt85 wrote:Is Cass (Granddaughter of John Cassidy from FO2, BTW) a good companion? I fly solo, with the exception of ED-E of course, and was considering having her join me.
yeah. she helped me complete quite a few missions. she's really good with the caravan shotgun.

27Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:05 am

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

deadbolt85 wrote:Oh, jeez. I don't quite know how to break it to you, but Rex kinda sucks as a companion.
He's gotta get into melee range to attack. Speaking of which, he seems to just run off after packs of enemies like a dumbass even if you tell him not to attack until you do. Personally, I think ED-E is a better companion. Plus you can use him like a flying backpack!

Rex is a cool companion
Spoiler:
The combo I'm using is Rex and Boone. Boone fights long range with his rifle and Rex run forward and distracts the enemies. He usually gets knocked out quickly, but Boone and I finish the job.

http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/

28Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:26 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

I like Rex, but he just gets knocked out too easily/quickly. Plus, that whole hat deal, and him generally not listening is a dealbreaker.

29Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

deadbolt85 wrote:Oh, jeez. I don't quite know how to break it to you, but Rex kinda sucks as a companion.
He's gotta get into melee range to attack. Speaking of which, he seems to just run off after packs of enemies like a dumbass even if you tell him not to attack until you do. Personally, I think ED-E is a better companion. Plus you can use him like a flying backpack!
I think all the companions are like that though. I've had every single one and they all run off and start attacking, even when I told them not to. Plus ED-E disappeared on me. I went to a different location but when it finished loading he was gone. Haven't seen him since.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

30Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:45 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Sometimes theyre attacking a dangerous hostile. Cass, for example always opens fire on radscorpions before I even see them. I'm like "What the fuck, woman?!", and there'll be a pile of scorp-corpses further down the path.

31Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Did you guys hear about the DLC? It's called Dead Money and comes out Dec 21st for 800 Microsoft points http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/home.php?country=us

32Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:30 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Oh, I'm a Playstation kid. Have been since '96. I gotta wait. BTW, that unique super sledge "Oh, Baby!" is the business. Seriously, I hit someone with it so hard they exploded into meat chunks.

33Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

deadbolt85 wrote:Oh, I'm a Playstation kid. Have been since '96. I gotta wait. BTW, that unique super sledge "Oh, Baby!" is the business. Seriously, I hit someone with it so hard they exploded into meat chunks.
I never found the unique super sledge. Sad Where did you find it?

34Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:32 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

In Charleston Cave, behind Jacobstown, next to a dead Nightkin. If you take the quest "Guess who I saw today", you have to go there for Doctor Henry, the human doctor in Jacobstown.

35Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:07 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

deadbolt85 wrote:In Charleston Cave, behind Jacobstown, next to a dead Nightkin. If you take the quest "Guess who I saw today", you have to go there for Doctor Henry, the human doctor in Jacobstown.
hhhmmm, I did that and never saw a weapon. I'll probab;y re play once the new DLC comes out

36Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:13 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

It's hard to spot, it's supposed to be an early prototype SS. Thus, it's all rusty and corroded looking, and hard to see without the flashlight or some Cateye.

37Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:22 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

UPDATE:
73 hours in and alot has happened since my last update. This likely has spoilers so you've been warned......

I finished the quests for the Brotherhood of Steel and I felt like I would be hearing more from them soon, so I struck out to explore the world. I ended up at Cottonwood Cove. I had already been here for a big Caesar's Legion fight earlier in the game, so the place was cleared out. I was on the quest "Render Unto Caesar" so after trying for 15 minutes to find the boat to take me to the Legion base. Apparently in the earlier battle, I killed the guy that takes you to the base. He was floating under the dock. The trigger point to go to the base was UNDER the dock, no doubt due to the numerous bugs in the game. So, I clicked it and I was on my way.

What I didn't realize was that Boone was still with me. If you don't know his back story..
Spoiler:
...now you know. I didn't think how he might make showing up at the base of the people responsible alittle harder then it could be. Long story short, I spent about 40 minutes fighting about 50 guys at once. Most of them had weapons I hadn't run into yet, like the Displacer Glove and the Ballistic Fist. Nothing like getting punched in the face with a metal glove that has a shotgun that shoots you at the same time.

I (somehow) managed to kill EVERYONE in the camp. Even Caesar. Which made me fail about 9 quests instantly. Using the Ballistic Fist is AWESOME. Even with my low unarmed rating, I managed to hit someone with an uppercut in VATS and knocked his head clean off. On Caesar was the Platinum Chip that I was suppose to find for Mr House. I processed to the bunker under the Legion base, shut down the defenses (thank you 100% science rating) and found
Spoiler:
Once I entered a certain area, a mission tree opens up. One says "Program the robot army for Mr. House." another says "Reprogram robot army for your own purposes later." (!!!!) You know what I did.....

So, I went back to the Lucky 38 to talk to Mr. House. I figured that he wouldn't be happy about me not hooking him up with the things he wanted me to do. I got to the penthouse and his robot guards must have been hipped to what I did because they were red on the radar. I ran by them into a side room and found a terminal and a door. After hacking it, it led me to an underground bunker. This is where I finally met Mr. House
Spoiler:
The computer that controls the machine told me that unlocking Mr. House would make things "difficult" for him. Let's just say that we had a frank talk about things and he may have been "prematurely retired." I saved because I failed about 8 more quests, including one that started right after I failed it. I'm kind of afraid to start playing again, fearing that I may have fucked up my game. But I'm looking forward to playing again.

38Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:58 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

jfx316 wrote:

What I didn't realize was that Boone was still with me. If you don't know his back story..
Spoiler:

MAJOR SPOILER, DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED OR DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!

That's weird. The Boone in my game had this back story
Spoiler:

I guess the companions stories are different too if you play the game different .

jfx316 wrote:I saved because I failed about 8 more quests, including one that started right after I failed it. I'm kind of afraid to start playing again, fearing that I may have fucked up my game. But I'm looking forward to playing again.
Don't worry about failing those missions. You HAVE to fail some to complete the game. I failed all the Caesar missions and some of the last NCR missions because I helped Mr House, took his army and beat both NCR and Caesar. If you're worried about trying to unlock all the achievements you're going to have to play three times because no matter which direction you take, you will fail some other mission.

39Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:20 am

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

Sorry for the big gap in updates. My copy of New Vegas caught whatever Tony's copy had and now I can't play longer than 30 minutes at a time. I'll try and play some in the next couple days and post something.

BTW, the Cowboy Repeater is awesome upgraded. Make sure you find/buy alot of ammo. I keep running out and having to make more.

40Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:41 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah, mine's fully tricked out, got 1390 regular rounds for it, and another 400 hollow points. Good times.

41Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:11 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Hey, Goblyn, you can only get the unique super sledge during that quest " Guess Who I Saw Today".

42Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:50 am

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

I was all ready to post another Fallout: New Vegas update, but my game kept freezing up every 30 minutes or so. It's really beginning to look like Obsidian didn't put alot of money or man power into testing for this game. But, fear not. I'll try and take another crack at it on Thursday and I'll hope to have something up then.

43Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:44 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

Hey all,

Due to my copy of Fallout: New Vegas not wanting to work after the latest patch, I don't think that I'll be doing any more Fallout updates anytime soon. Sorry guys. I really like doing the recap and it sucks because the game is SO great when it works. That being the operative phrase: "when it works"

Maybe when/if Obsidian ever fixes their game, I can start up with the updates again.

44Fallout: New Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: New Vegas Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:14 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

So, after the crazy long week I've had, (Recording and losing the Super-Fly Podcast, making the Super-Fly Clipshow, working 12 hours doing comics, recording The Wrestling Show) I chilled at home, trying to recover from not sleeping. So, I decided to pop in Fallout: New Vegas again and try and get it going.

HUGE SPOILERS!!! END OF THE GAME SHIT HERE!!! IF YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW HOW THE GAME COULD END, DON"T READ!!!

Where I last left the game, I was tooling around the Wastelands, looking for areas I had not found yet. I saved around The Strip, so I went to talk to Yes Man at the Lucky 38. We had reprogrammed Mr. House's Securitron army and they were awaiting my command to take the Hoover Dam from under everyone's noses. Yes Man directed me to a control panel at the Dam. If I take a special chip with Yes Man's program on it. I could take the chip and insert Yes Man into the main computer at the Dam to direct the power of the Dam to either the army of Securitrons or to blow up the Dam altogether. Sort of a 'If I can't have it, no one can' type deal. I figured since I took the time to reprogram the robots, I should use them.

So I truck it to the computer terminal, making short work of the forces outside. Note that the NCR turned on me in the middle of this fight. I'm not sure if one of my grenades had hit and killed one of them or if my helping of the Brotherhood of Steel had finally caught up with me. Either way, killing them all was no real issue. Cowboy Repeater for the win. I headed down into the Dam, wasting enemy forces along the way. I put Yes Man into the system and tasked him to divert the Dam's power to the robots. I was then ordered to return topside and see the fruits of our labor. We got outside and the fun begins: fight the rest of Caesar's Legion with your robot army. It wasn't very difficult with the weapons I had and the robots. I pretty much walked up to the top of the camp. Then, a mysterious figure confronted me. Fighting with the Legion, he tells me about the impending war that's about to happen. Due to my high speech rating, I manage to somehow talk him into not attacking and falling back east. He warns that they will be back. Next time, with more forces. I smell DLC content....

I run back to the Legion gate to leave and the door blows up. A man, that is a general in the NCR, congratulating me on flattening out the Legion by myself. Yeah, thanks dude. It was really easy with your guys shooting me in the back. He then talks about the NCR taking over the Dam again and I make it clear that that isn't going to happen. As the smoke clears, you see my army of Securitrons, getting my back. I tell him that I'll be taking over Hoover Dam AND New Vegas and the NCR isn't invited to the party. After some bluster, he bails out, only to warn me that the NCR, also will regroup soon and come looking for me. More DLC....Yeah!

A cinematic is shown of Yes Man tossing Mr General off the Hoover Dam. That's what you get for fucking with me.

After that bit of awesomeness, Yes Man tells me that he's reprogrammed all the robots to uphold the law in New Vegas and beyond. He then says something pretty cryptic. he tells me that he'll be inactive for a while. He'll be in the process of reprogramming himself to be more 'assertive' in his duties. This smacked of a double cross, but it didn't happen. Yes Man thanks me for my help and rolls off into the sunset. I'm sure he'll be back for some DLC action. Geez, that was really creepy the way he made it seem like he's be back soon. Something about him saying that he'd be 'more assertive' in the future. The end of the game starts, telling you what happened to the people and places you interacted with throughout the game. Same as Fallout 3. Ending with the now signature catchphrase "War never changes"

As hard of a time as I've had with New Vegas, it's on it's face, a pretty big disappointment. This could have been the game I spent a hundred more hours trying to get all the trophies and find all the fun easter eggs in the game. I still haven't found the Star Wars: A New Hope and Indiana Jones references in the game. But, because the game is still buggy as fuck since October, I've most likely going to put it on the shelf and forget about it until DLC shows up and even then, if the game it still running shitty, I'll just put it back with the rest of the collector's stuff and say 'Fuck this game' and wait for Elder Scrolls 5.

Overall, I give Fallout: New Vegas 3/5. It's a game that could have been fucking amazing, but due to the game running like ass the entire time I've had it and after two patches, it's merely a good game with alot of missed opportunities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum