Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Superman: Earth One

+6
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
prescribeddrone
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
Zeroskull21
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Superman: Earth One Empty Superman: Earth One Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:11 am

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

Just picked up this book, and I love it. Great retelling of the story. It kept me interested throughout, and everything was paced correctly in my mind. The new villain is pretty damn cool if I do say so myself, and his connection to Clark is something that I am surprised no one has thought of writing before.

I normally hate Superman, but in this book, I love him. I would recommend this to pretty much everyone, whether they have read comics for years or are just getting into it.

4.5/5 for me.

2Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:41 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm picking it up on the weekend and am looking forward to it not least of which is because of Shane Davis's art which I love.

3Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:05 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll be getting it soon as well and cannot wait to read it. The art looks gorgeous.

4Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:45 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I might pick it up when I see it used and a lot cheaper one of these days.

5Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really, really, REALLY enjoyed this. It was a nice new take on Superman's origins. It had a classic feel, but wasn't boring or stale. I really enjoyed the new villain. The art was FANTASTIC. I LOVED the tweaks to Superman's costume.

I can't wait for more. JMS really set some interesting stuff up.
Spoiler:

Honestly, I really like the idea of a young Superman. I think it's just more exciting. I like Superman, but I feel the main DC continuity Supes is just too old fashioned sometimes. I like that he's still a classic, but that can get to feeling stale. A young Superman who is just starting out is more entertaining for me.

I have to say, that I think that this story would make a good movie. I wouldn't mind if they went with this for the next live action movie, or eventually adapted it for an animated one.

6Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:26 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now I'm dying for Batman: Earth One to come out.

7Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:47 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished reading it and I thought it was pretty good. THe art was just beautiful. This is what I'd like to see out of a new Superman movie. If Justin (zeroskull21) hadn't loaned me this, I wouldn't have read it. Earth One was probably the first Superman story that I've actually wanted to check out and it didn't disapoint.

8Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:42 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

Yeah, hate Superman normally, but love this story so much.

9Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:34 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just got this today and I cannot wait to read it.

10Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Batman25JM wrote:
Spoiler:

I'll eat my hat if it's not Brainiac.

11Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:16 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Mnemosis wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Spoiler:

I agree. What I want to know is who decided that the big bad of this story should look like an Image throw away villain from 1997.

I really liked everything about this book except the design of that dude.

12Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Spoiler:

Brainiac crossed my mind. Though, has him MO ever been to give others tech to destroy a planet? I guess this being a new universe it could be the case, but I don't know.

I'm actually hoping it's another new villain. I want more new villains. Also, I'd love to experience you eating your hat. It's make a great PoP!-Cast segment.Very Happy

13Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:23 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Waiting for my bookstore to get a couple copies. Looking here and other places on the web, it keeps sounding better and better.

14Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:28 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Finally read it. I enjoyed it. A great fresh take on the character. I've always liked Superman as a character and this was interesting. I hope we get more of these and with other characters as well.

15Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I finally got around to reading this.

You know, the story could have been absolute crap and I think I still would have been completely blinded by Shane Davis's beautiful art. Just wonderful.

I liked the story. I wouldn't say I'd rave about it but I certainly didn't mind it. I agree with others that if you were going to reboot the Superman movies then something like this would be a great idea.

Normally I think Jimmy Olsen should be a kid compared to Lois and Clark but I actually thought Jimmy was the best reboot of all in this story. That new take on the character really worked for me.

As for the villain - I thought he looked great. I really like the design of the character. As for who came to his world to help destroy the Kryptonians? My thinking was who would see the Kryptonians as such a threat or hate them so much as to want to wipe every last one out? I was thinking maybe another Kryptonian could be the case so maybe it's Zod.

The other thing I loved about this story is Superman being the last son of Krypton. It's what I loved about John Byrne's reboot and what I don't like about Superman in the current DC Universe. It allows a good writer to really capture Superman's sense of loneliness and I thought it's something JMS touched on really well.

I'm not sure this was great but I thought it was good. But the art, oh the art...that was great!

16Superman: Earth One Empty Re: Superman: Earth One Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:16 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read it a while ago I liked it. It was pretty good I ought to buy it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum