Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Status Quo or Constant Change

4 posters

Changing Characters?

Status Quo or Constant Change Vote_lcap57%Status Quo or Constant Change Vote_rcap 57% [ 4 ]
Status Quo or Constant Change Vote_lcap29%Status Quo or Constant Change Vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Status Quo or Constant Change Vote_lcap14%Status Quo or Constant Change Vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Status Quo or Constant Change Empty Status Quo or Constant Change Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:02 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

So I got around to reading X-Men Forever and it brought me to this thought...
What is better, having a long standing continuity where changes will be reverted eventually (Spidey's marriage, Superman's Death, etc) or an "alternate" universe or title where changes can stick?

In Forever what happens, happens and its permanent. When Logan bites the big one hes down for the count... Where in Uncanny I think Logan got back his adamantium...
So Popers whats better?

The free reign to kill or develop characters with lasting impressions.... or the case where no matter what the characters all pretty much return back to average....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

2Status Quo or Constant Change Empty Re: Status Quo or Constant Change Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:22 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

With certain characters, they have become timeless characters. People have been enjoying the exploits of Batman and Superman for over 70 years. The thing is that while we want to see these characters change and evolve, ultimately these characters don't belong to us and 70 years from now, people will still be reading the exploits of Superman and Batman and other characters. So, no. I don't mind their change and evolution not being permanent. It's comics. It's fiction so why does it have to be realistic?

3Status Quo or Constant Change Empty Re: Status Quo or Constant Change Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:33 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I don't think one is more right than the other.... I do enjoy being able to pick up a comic at any time and the heroes are about the same as they have Always been.... but its also sort of nice to read a story where I have no idea if the characters will make it or not.... just wanted to hear other peoples opinion

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

4Status Quo or Constant Change Empty Re: Status Quo or Constant Change Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:52 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like for things to stick. Not an alternate universe, just cohesive writing. If you write the life of someone, mistakes are carried, as well as triumphs. Doesn't mean I think it's bad to stray, just that it helps to immerse yourself in the world if the world is flowing, rather than stagnant.

5Status Quo or Constant Change Empty Re: Status Quo or Constant Change Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:31 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:With certain characters, they have become timeless characters. People have been enjoying the exploits of Batman and Superman for over 70 years. The thing is that while we want to see these characters change and evolve, ultimately these characters don't belong to us and 70 years from now, people will still be reading the exploits of Superman and Batman and other characters. So, no. I don't mind their change and evolution not being permanent. It's comics. It's fiction so why does it have to be realistic?

I agree with you. Back in 2007 when I read ASM for the first time since 1999 or so... it was fresh seeing Peter as a sub teacher and his 'evolved' powers. Same with Batman. It was intriguing that he had a kid with Talia. Some character changes are a breath of fresh air sometimes.

I like for things to stick but they could just change them anytime (as long as the 'current story' story tries to remain important for some time at least) so I don't mind as long as it's creative.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum