Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batwoman

+2
Spazzy
Aussiemandias
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Batwoman  Empty Batwoman Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:08 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batwoman #0

Haven't seen any comments on this elsewhere so thought I'd get this started.

I have to say I absolutely love JH Williams stylish art and am so glad he's back with Batwoman again. To top it off I'm massively disappointed that Madame Xanadu has come to an end but if Amy Reeder Hadley is going to be a regular here then at least that's some good news from my point of view.

Both Amy Reeder's and Williams's art was lovely here and just what I'd hoped for. As for the story, well I think it's a little too soon to tell what Williams and Blackman are going to be able to deliver but I really hope they can give us at least some of the magic Greg Rucka previously gave us on his Batwoman run on Detective Comics. I thought the Batman angle was an interesting one to take this issue.

Anyway, looking forward to the first issue.

2Batwoman  Empty Re: Batwoman Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:44 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh I read this this morning! I loved it like wow!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

3Batwoman  Empty Re: Batwoman Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

4Batwoman  Empty Re: Batwoman Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

I was a bit disappointed that Batman "revealed" himself to be Bruce.

I was enjoying the ambiguity of his identity. Otherwise, it was beautiful.

5Batwoman  Empty Re: Batwoman Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:29 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Parallax_48 wrote:I was a bit disappointed that Batman "revealed" himself to be Bruce.

I was enjoying the ambiguity of his identity. Otherwise, it was beautiful.

I'm not being smart here but I thought it was Bruce from the moment I saw the insignia on his chest on the first page. I don't read the other Batman books but doesn't that differentiate him from Dick?

6Batwoman  Empty Re: Batwoman Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:01 am

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

Aussiemandias wrote:I'm not being smart here but I thought it was Bruce from the moment I saw the insignia on his chest on the first page. I don't read the other Batman books but doesn't that differentiate him from Dick?

Aw crap.

I forgot about the stupid oval.

7Batwoman  Empty Re: Batwoman Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:48 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really dug tis book. Also I love Batwoman as a character and I have a bit of a crush on her (yeah, it sounds stupid). Loved the JH 3 artwork.

8Batwoman  Empty Re: Batwoman Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:10 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

When you draw for a character's title for so long, you slowly get the jist of what needs to be told, what needs to be said and what these pictures need to convey. It's why so many artists slowly turn to scripting later on. That, and it doubles the paycheck lol!

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

9Batwoman  Empty Re: Batwoman Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:I really dug tis book. Also I love Batwoman as a character and I have a bit of a crush on her (yeah, it sounds stupid). Loved the JH 3 artwork.
It's unfortunate for you that she doesn't like boys - you'll never have a chance with her, buddy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]