Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bones

+3
comicgeekelly
Sandman
Batman25JM
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bones Empty Bones Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love this show, and I hate that I never really have anyone to talk to it about since none of my friends watch it. And, unlike Grey's Anatomy, I'd think there may be some other PoP!-ulation members that might also like the show. So, any fans?

I can't wait for next week's episode, where the Gravedigger is gunned down. It looks great.

2Bones Empty Re: Bones Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

yeah I like this show, don't love it but I find it entertaining

3Bones Empty Re: Bones Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:55 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really like the show. I think they dropped the ball be spoiling what happens to the Gravedigger next week. That would've been a huge shock if they didn't pretty much tell us in the ad what happens.

4Bones Empty Re: Bones Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:39 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

I watch Bones, and I guess I get enjoyment out of it. But I think its a horrible show really. The characters are good, and intersting. And in general the plots are ok.

Its just the way they go about solving the cases. They seem to pull stuff out of there asses or Hodgins will be like "I found this bug on the body which shows the body was moved, and looking up migration patterns and snowfall totals the person HAD to be killed in this 5 by 5 square foot area.

The last episode where
Spoiler:
they took pieces of low res reflections and put them together and made them high res which I dont think you can really do and found the killer.

Which is meh to begin with but took place the last 10 minutes of the show. The video just pops up at the end, and the find the guy, totally invalidating the previous work. Where is the police work to find the video at the begining? And of course the killer just confesses without a lawyer because theres only a couple of minutes left and thats what all killers do because you cant have a opened ended ending.

Some people might say that they do the same thing on CSI or Law and Order or "generic cop show 5:New York" but I dont watch them.

5Bones Empty Re: Bones Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I was going to ask if you'd watched any other police shows. This is pretty standard stuff. They get the perpetrator off of flimsy evidence sometimes. And as for them not finding the evidence until the end that's just how it goes. They didn't know of the video to begin with. You can't expect them to walk into a crime scene and immediately assume there is a video. Once they found out there was a video they got to work on it.

For cop shows the big evidence, revelation, or things of that ilk usually don't appear until the last 10 minutes. They can't catch the bad guy 30 minutes into the show. What would they do for the rest of the episode? If they do ever catch the person a half hour in then you know damn well something else is going to happen (it's not the right person, the killer themselves will be killed, there is an accomplice, etc). It's just how it goes.

As for the killer confessing, I do usually think it's funny how they just go "eh, ya got me, so I'll just tell you everything", but in a show like this it's almost a necessity. These types of shows don't follow the case into the courts (with a few exceptions), so in order to give the audience some closure they have the killer confess. It's not perfect, but it is what it is.

In terms of Bones, I don't even really watch for the cases. I mean, I like them, but what I like the most are the interactions between the characters. The only cop shows I really watch anymore are the ones that are just as much about the characters as the crime (Castle, NCIS, etc).

6Bones Empty Re: Bones Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:21 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

I understand all your reasoning. And in some cases I agree with it. It just for some reason on Bones it bugs me and I cant get past it.

Another example,the first episode of this season. The Boss is getting blasted by HER bosses for not making a decision on whether a body of that of a missing person. So ---(character name I cant remember) calls up Booth in Iraq, Bones in Africa or someplace, and they all drop everything to help her. Flying out in one night it seems, not worrying about what the heck they were doing. It was silly.

The strange thing is I LOVE House. I totally called tonights episode. And the "figure the solution out of thin air 5 minutes before the show ends" doesnt bother me there.

7Bones Empty Re: Bones Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just chalk them all coming back as them wanting to help a friend (also, wasn't Booth ordered to come back? I forget).

In regard to House, I love it too, and I too am not bothered by the convenient conversation that leads House to have a revelation 5 minutes before the end of the episode. I like the medical cases, but as with Bones, it's the relationships I like the most.

I guess, for me, if I enjoy a show enough I can overlook minor flaws.

8Bones Empty Re: Bones Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:33 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Just want to say (scrolling fast through the thread not to read spoilers i am a few weeks behind.) I LOVE Bones!
(Brandon will watch it randomly with me. He still thinks that Sweets should of been Gormagon!) I miss Zac but I like the rotating lab assistance. Still not sure I am digging the Booth love story line.

9Bones Empty Re: Bones Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I'm so glad that Sweets didn't turn out to be Gormogon. Sweets has become my favorite character.

I loved the fantasy/hallucination/dream episode where they poked fun at people thinking Sweets was Gormogon.

10Bones Empty Re: Bones Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I agree with you Batman (I just have to hear it from the bf every time I am watching Bones) But I did agree with the BF when they started this season and Sweets came back looking like Jason Mraz The stash totally had to go! I loved Zac, but they have so much more "playroom" with Sweets and his geeky side. All the nerdisms he brings is awesome! When they went to the Con I about died.

11Bones Empty Re: Bones Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Bullet in the Brain

I enjoyed this. I didn't expect the Gravedigger's head to explode like that.

They got rid of one recurring enemy and possibly made a new one.

12Bones Empty Re: Bones Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:48 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I just watched "The Bullet in the Brain" the bf and I both were surprised that they actually showed the head exploding. (Not that it happened) But the graphic view of seeing it. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it. I was just surprised that non-cable tv show showed something so violently graphic. (I know they show mangles bodies and parts getting cut up all the time. But the act of the violence was still shocking.)

13Bones Empty Re: Bones Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:37 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

I like Bones to and use to watch it every time a new episode came on. But now there are so many shows on at the same times as Bones that I DVR the other shows. I figured since Netflix has Bones I'll just catch up on the show later.

Also, I'm glad the Gravedigger is dead. She was a BEOTCH!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

14Bones Empty Re: Bones Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I love the netflix. Except you have to wait a few month after a season finishes to get it. Once I start a series and get caught up I can barley go 2 weeks with out staying caught up. I am a huge TV geek so this sometimes gets difficult to time out and not spend my life watching tv. But bones is a always watch!

15Bones Empty Re: Bones Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:41 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Nubbins wrote:I love the netflix. Except you have to wait a few month after a season finishes to get it. Once I start a series and get caught up I can barley go 2 weeks with out staying caught up. I am a huge TV geek so this sometimes gets difficult to time out and not spend my life watching tv. But bones is a always watch!

It depends on the series. When Spartacus blood and sand was still being aired on TV, a few days after an episode would appear on tv it would then appear on netflix. But that is the only series I have seen them do that with. So maybe Spartacus is an exception.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

16Bones Empty Re: Bones Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Little_Goblyn wrote:It depends on the series. When Spartacus blood and sand was still being aired on TV, a few days after an episode would appear on tv it would then appear on netflix. But that is the only series I have seen them do that with. So maybe Spartacus is an exception.

Oh that would be so awesome if they did that. But I did notice Netflix seems to have a lot of BBC,SyFy,FOX, Disney, and i think its ABC (with all those chick flicks shows) shows. Not to many other stations seem to have shows on there odd. And no House on instant que either.

Last edited by Nubbins on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot all the disney stuffs they have)

17Bones Empty Re: Bones Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:07 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really glad that Hannah is now out of the picture. I must say though, my heart broke for Booth. Anyway, I liked Hannah, but Booth and Bones need to be together. I love how they've developed their feelings for each other. It's not like most shows where the leads have feeling for one another, but never speak about it and then they just end up kissing. Here they both know it, but it just hasn't worked out well for them yet.

18Bones Empty Re: Bones Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I like this show too. I have season 1 and 2 on dvd and thats as far as Ive seen. Fun cast and good stories.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum